Opinions expressed by Entrepreneur contributors are their own.
I take great pleasure meeting many patients we help recover from serious injuries and ease symptoms of debilitating diseases so they can improve their lives through advanced stem cell therapy. In some cases, these patients report that after treatment they feel more energy a sense of vitality they enjoyed in their youth.
But what about patients who are young children some facing a future so uncertain that they may never even learn to talk, let alone enjoy a long rewarding life.
Thats the pain all too many parents cope with when their children are diagnosed with autism, or more specifically, autistic spectrum disorder (ASD). This spectrum of neurological conditions is seen in young children who dont seem to develop normalsocial, communication and behavioral skills.
Thats a vague description, I know, but that makes a diagnosis of ASD even more frustrating. Some children may function relatively well, but not make friends easily or demonstrate odd speech patterns. Others may not even be able to make eye contact or communicate at all, making the idea of going to school, let alone graduate and lead an independent life, seem impossible. Its not a rare condition, either. According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control, ASD now affects about 1 out of 54 children in the United States.
Research shows that the earliertreatment can begin, the better. And the evidence is growing that stem cell therapy can help alleviate the symptoms for many children who suffer from ASD. Thats why Im so pleased that our advanced stem cell therapies can help more children who suffer from ASD enjoy a much brighter future.
Related:This 37-Year-Old Entrepreneur Is UntanglingAutisticMinds With ...
Current therapies for autism mostly include medications such as SSRIs, anxiolyticsand mood stabilizers. Although medications may decrease intensity and frequency of symptoms, they do not address the root causes of autistic disorders, which research shows can result from oxygen deprivation and intestinal inflammation.
The rationale behind treating autism with stem cells is that autism, and its degree of severity, has been significantly correlated to inflammatory and neuro-inflammatory cytokines. Intravenous administration of umbilical cord-derived stem cells has been shown in multiple clinical trials to reduce inflammation. Reducing inflammation in the autistic patient may alleviate symptoms of autism.
Heres one heartwarming story that reveals how stem cells offer new hope to parents of children with ASD. Back in June at age 19, Kenneth graduated from high school.
That may not seem like much of an accomplishment, but Kenneth was diagnosed with ASD at age two. When he was eightyears old, his parents say he was still in diapers and struggled to even communicate, but thats when he started receiving stem cell treatments.
His parents report that stem cells made a big difference. His mother, Marty Kelley, noted improvement within days of his first treatment. And his father Donald Kelley said, when you see that your child has been blessed with stem cell treatments and the improvement, its just a dream come true.
No, its not just a dream. Its based on science and research into how the body tries to heal itself naturally using stem cells.
As Kenneth says about the treatments, they put a little needle in, its not too bad. Thats a keen observation on another aspect of stem cell therapy that its a non-invasive procedure that poses little risk of side effects.
Related:This Is HowStem-Cell TherapyTreats Serious Brain Injuries
Although scientists arent sure exactly what causes ASD, our Chief Medical Officer Karolynn Halpert points out that these disorders are associated with the process of how the body modulates immune response and controls inflammation, but that stem cells have the ability to communicate with the immune system and release anti-inflammatory factors that can help reduce brain inflammation (neuroinflammation).
Dr. Halpert also explains that inflammation in the digestive system can also interfere with neurological function. Indeed, that phrase, gut feeling,isnt just an expression. Researchers have confirmed that the gut and the brain are linked in a gut-brain axisthat creates complex interactions in neurological functioning in ways that are not fully understood.
Some research suggests that autistic spectrum disorders may cause a heightened level of inflammation throughout the gastrointestinal tract, which can aggravate symptoms. There is significant evidence, however, that inflammation is controlled by stem cells. Thats why it helps promote healing and ease pain for patients we treat for a wide range of injuries such as TBI, and diseases such as autoimmune disorders, degenerative disc disease and many others all that can cause too much harmful inflammation.
Related:Researching the Safety and Effectiveness ofStem Cellsto Treat ...
As Dr. Halpert points out, stem cells help other cells signal each other more effectively replacing cells in the digestive system and throughout the body to balance immune response and control inflammation to potentially help children with autistic symptoms improve thinking and cognitive function.
Thats good news for ASD patients and their parents, especially with advanced stem cell therapy now available using ourproprietary protocols to culture the most potent cells. These cells are harvested from donated umbilical cords, which are rich in a specific type of stem cell mesenchymal stem cells. These cells are then screened for specific biomarkers that indicate high potency. Only cells that meet the criteria for high levels of potency are then reproduced into infusions that are given to patients a non-invasive therapy thats like Kenneth describes just a little needle.
As autistic spectrum disorder cases become more commonly diagnosed in children at younger ages, its essential to identify these cases early so treatment can begin as soon as possible. Its clear that the earlier treatment begins, the more likely it is that these children can enjoy better lives in the years ahead.
So congratulations Kenneth on your recent graduation. You earned your diploma. Your parents are proud of you. I am, as well. You and other ASD patients are an inspiration for our entire team to help others like you not only graduate from school but live a life filled with as much joy as possible.
See the original post:
- University of Michigan Stem Cell Research | Frequently ... - November 30th, 2021
- Postdoctoral Research Associate in Centre for Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine job with KINGS COLLEGE LONDON | 273388 - Times Higher Education... - November 30th, 2021
- Stem cell therapy potentially could treat Type 1 diabetes by helping patients produce insulin - USA TODAY - November 30th, 2021
- UCLA Broad Stem Cell Research Center receives $5 million ... - November 30th, 2021
- ReproCELL Incorporated : Everything you need to know about the REPROCELL iPSC Biobank - marketscreener.com - November 30th, 2021
- Cell therapy biotech Quell adds $156M for alternative to organ transplant meds - MedCity News - November 30th, 2021
- New nanochip reprograms cells in the body to perform different functions - New Atlas - November 30th, 2021
- Inside the Innovative Lab Growing Mammal Tissue Using Plants as Scaffolds - Smithsonian - November 30th, 2021
- BrainStorm Cell Therapeutics Announces the Presentation of New Analyses from the Phase 3 Trial of NurOwn in ALS at the 4th Annual ALS ONE Research... - November 30th, 2021
- 'Sleeping' cancer cells explain why childhood leukaemia returns after years of treatment - The Institute of Cancer Research, London - The Institute of... - November 30th, 2021
- 10 rare cancers: Symptoms, treatment, and more - Medical News Today - November 30th, 2021
- Heart repair and regeneration after a heart attack a review - The Mix - November 30th, 2021
- InGeneron Publishes Significant Support for the Existence of Naturally Pluripotent Stem Cells in All Organs in the Adult Body - StreetInsider.com - November 27th, 2021
- How the CGT Catapult plans to bridge the gap between scientific research and commercialisation - The Scotsman - November 27th, 2021
- Global $512M+ Exosome Diagnostics & Therapeutics Market, 2026 | Featuring Profiles of Codiak Biosciences, Evox Therapeutics, Exosome Diagnostics,... - November 27th, 2021
- Discovering a new gene in monkeys that could help to develop new antivirals - News-Medical.net - November 27th, 2021
- 2nd Person May Be Naturally 'Cured' of HIV: What Science Is Learning - Healthline - November 27th, 2021
- Research Roundup: Masking Cuts COVID-19 Risk in Half and More Research News - BioSpace - November 27th, 2021
- Stem Cell Research Facts - November 24th, 2021
- InGeneron Publishes Significant Support for the Existence of Naturally Pluripotent Stem Cells in All Organs in the Adult Body - marketscreener.com - November 24th, 2021
- Research Developments in the Treatment of Advanced Kidney Cancer - Warwick Beacon - November 24th, 2021
- Covid vaccine: Stem cell transplant patients who must be completely re-vaccinated struggling to book jabs - iNews - November 24th, 2021
- Amity University partners with top US varsities for academics and research - Telegraph India - November 24th, 2021
- AML relapse: Definition, statistics, and treatment options - Medical News Today - November 24th, 2021
- Its too late for me but please help others with cancer - Melton Times - November 22nd, 2021
- Research Developments in the Treatment of Advanced Kidney Cancer - The Apopka Voice - November 22nd, 2021
- How The Overlap Between Artificial Intelligence And Stem Cell Research Is Producing Exciting Results - Forbes - November 22nd, 2021
- California Proposition 14, Stem Cell Research Institute ... - November 22nd, 2021
- Theres Something Neurological Going On, COVID Could Cause Depression And Anxiety, Researchers Say - CBS Baltimore - November 22nd, 2021
- Exosome Diagnostics and Therapeutics: Global Markets - Yahoo Finance - November 22nd, 2021
- Flying cars and floating cities these 8 radical designs predict our imminent future - Boston News, Weather, Sports | WHDH 7News - November 22nd, 2021
- Researchers discover new type of cell that may help regulate heart rate - News-Medical.net - November 22nd, 2021
- Stem cell transplants without chemo and radiation first? - Futurity: Research News - November 16th, 2021
- Unregulated Stem Cell Clinics Endanger Patients And Limit Research - Forbes - November 16th, 2021
- Regenerative Medicine Market Size Worth $ ~41.45 billion by 2031 - Market Size, Share, Forecasts and Trends Analysis Report with COVID-19 Impact by... - November 16th, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy Reduces Need for Nearly 10% of Hip Replacements - Yale School of Medicine - November 16th, 2021
- Overlooked DNA may be what separates humans from other primates study - The Jerusalem Post - November 16th, 2021
- In-depth Research on Cancer Stem Cell Market Forecast Estimation & Approach 2021-2026 | Thermo Fisher Scientific, AbbVie, Merck KGaA, Bionomics,... - November 16th, 2021
- NK Cell Therapy and Stem Cell Therapy Market Cumulative Impact for COVID-19 Recovery Research Report 2021 | Takeda Pharmaceutical, JCR Pharmaceutical,... - November 16th, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Analysis By Trends, Size, Share, Company Overview, Growth And Forecast By 2027|Osiris Therapeutics, NuVasive, Chiesi... - November 16th, 2021
- Hoth Therapeutics Announces a Sponsored Research Agreement to Further Develop Novel mRNA Cancer Therapeutic HT-KIT - Yahoo Finance - November 16th, 2021
- Research Antibodies Market Size Is Projected to Reach $6.35 Billion by 2028 | CAGR: 6.5% : Polaris Market Research - PRNewswire - November 16th, 2021
- Jasper Therapeutics Announces Third Quarter 2021 Financial Results and Provides Business Update - Tyler Morning Telegraph - November 16th, 2021
- $2.26 million in grants will support biomedic - EurekAlert - November 16th, 2021
- What science knows about stem cells and what it predicts in the future | CoFounder - CoFounder Magazine - November 11th, 2021
- Jasper Therapeutics Announces Research Collaboration with AVROBIO to Evaluate JSP191 as Conditioning Agent in Clinical Studies of Ex Vivo Lentiviral... - November 11th, 2021
- Stem Cell Characterization and Analysis Tool Market 2021 Detailed Analysis of top Ventures with Regional Outlook | Key Companies: Osiris Therapeutics,... - November 11th, 2021
- Global Stem Cell Umbilical Cord Blood (UCB) Market Insightful Research Report: Business Growth, Development Factors, Current and Future Trends and... - November 11th, 2021
- Century Therapeutics Reports Third Quarter 2021 Financial Results and Provides Business Updates - The Bakersfield Californian - November 11th, 2021
- 2021 Boston Investment Conference Marks Decade of Helping Fund Critical Research at Boston Childrens Hospital - Yahoo Finance - November 11th, 2021
- Yale researchers develop RNA-based therapy that clears SARS-CoV-2 from mice - EurekAlert - November 11th, 2021
- Critical Link Discovered Between Dietary Fat and the Spread of Cancer - SciTechDaily - November 11th, 2021
- Opinion | How Covid Raised the Stakes of the War Between Faith and Science - The New York Times - November 11th, 2021
- EdiGene to Present Latest Research on A Novel Surface Marker and Migration of Hematopoietic Stem Cell (HSC) That Could Enhance HSC Gene Therapy and... - November 5th, 2021
- Century Therapeutics to Present at the 63rd American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting and Host Virtual Research & Development Update - Yahoo... - November 5th, 2021
- City of Hope Doctors Present New Research on Cancer Immunotherapies - Business Wire - November 5th, 2021
- Mini-brain model of frontotemporal dementia demonstrates the stages of dysfunction that lead to cell death - National Institute on Aging - November 5th, 2021
- Intestinal Organoids and Their Role in Tissue Engineering - Technology Networks - November 5th, 2021
- Magenta Therapeutics Reports Third Quarter Financial Results and Program Highlights - Business Wire - November 5th, 2021
- Researchers generate and characterize the hepatic organoid culture system - News-Medical.net - November 3rd, 2021
- A major research project to advance regenerative therapy for epidermolysis bullosa (EB) using transgenic stem cells - PR Web - November 3rd, 2021
- Canada Biobanks Markets, Analysis & Forecasts, 2016-2020 & 2021-2026 - Increased Research and Technological Advancement in Genomic Studies -... - November 3rd, 2021
- Study paves the way for a better understanding of muscle injury - News-Medical.Net - November 3rd, 2021
- Lab-Growing Everything Might Be The Only Way To Attain A Sustainable World - Intelligent Living - November 3rd, 2021
- What is Stem Cell Research? | The Benefits of Stem Cell ... - October 26th, 2021
- New Treatments and Tips for Dealing With Blood Cancer - Curetoday.com - October 26th, 2021
- NK Cell Therapy and Stem Cell Therapy Market Cumulative Impact for COVID-19 Recovery Research Report 2021 | Chiesi Pharmaceuticals, Takeda... - October 25th, 2021
- Skroot Laboratory, Inc. Joins Cell Manufacturing Research Initiative to Further Advance Cell Therapy Discovery - KOLO - October 23rd, 2021
- New GBM research pipeline and being glad - Brain Tumour Research - October 23rd, 2021
- Excellent Growth of Cell Separation Technology Market by Trends, Dynamic Innovation and Key Players GE, BD, Terumo, Merck, Thermo Fisher | Forecast... - October 23rd, 2021
- Misinformation on stem cell treatments for COVID-19 linked to overhyped science, researchers argue - UB Now: News and views for UB faculty and staff -... - October 21st, 2021
- What Makes Us Human? The Answer May Be Found in Overlooked Junk DNA - SciTechDaily - October 21st, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy Market SWOT Analysis, Key Indicators, Forecast 2027 | Anterogen Co., Ltd. (South Korea), MEDIPOST Co., Ltd. (South Korea), Osiris... - October 21st, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy Market: Shaping Tomorrow with Anterogen Co., Ltd. (South Korea), MEDIPOST Co., Ltd. (South Korea), Osiris Therapeutics Puck77 -... - October 21st, 2021
- Liu receives Catalyst Award from the National Institutes of Health agency - Harvard School of Engineering and Applied Sciences - October 21st, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy Market 2021 Financial Highlights Analysis with Top Key Players: Anterogen Co., Ltd. (South Korea), MEDIPOST Co., Ltd. (South Korea),... - October 21st, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy Market 2025 Size, Key Companies, Trends, Growth And Regional Forecasts Research | Anterogen Co., Ltd. (South Korea), MEDIPOST Co.,... - October 21st, 2021
- Scientists use human-derived brain cells to develop more realistic 'disease-in-a-dish' models of Alzheimer's - National Institute on Aging - October 21st, 2021
- Harvard's R&D alliance with Resilience to advance manufacture of complex medicines - Harvard Gazette - October 17th, 2021
- Research Roundup: T-Cell Immune Response to COVID-19 Vaccines and More - BioSpace - October 17th, 2021