Trusted Business Insights answers what are the scenarios for growth and recovery and whether there will be any lasting structural impact from the unfolding crisis for the Cell Therapy market.
Trusted Business Insights presents an updated and Latest Study on Cell Therapy Market. The report contains market predictions related to market size, revenue, production, CAGR, Consumption, gross margin, price, and other substantial factors. While emphasizing the key driving and restraining forces for this market, the report also offers a complete study of the future trends and developments of the market.The report further elaborates on the micro and macroeconomic aspects including the socio-political landscape that is anticipated to shape the demand of the Cell Therapy market during the forecast period.It also examines the role of the leading market players involved in the industry including their corporate overview, financial summary, and SWOT analysis.
Get Sample Copy of this Report @ Cell Therapy Market Size, Share, Market Research and Industry Forecast Report, 2020-2027 (Includes Business Impact of COVID-19)
Industry Insights, Market Size, CAGR, High-Level Analysis: Cell Therapy Market
The global cell therapy market size was valued at USD 5.8 billion in 2019 and is projected to witness a CAGR of 5.4% during the forecast period. The development of precision medicine and advancements in Advanced Therapies Medicinal Products (ATMPS) in context to their efficiency and manufacturing are expected to be the major drivers for the market. In addition, automation in adult stem cell and cord blood processing and storage are the key technological advancements that have supported the growth of the market for cell therapy.
The investment in technological advancements for decentralizing manufacturing of this therapy is anticipated to significantly benefit the market. Miltenyi Biotec is one of the companies that has contributed to the decentralization in manufacturing through its CliniMACS Prodigy device. The device is an all-in-one automated manufacturing system that exhibits the capability of manufacturing various cell types.
An increase in financing and investments in the space to support the launch of new companies is expected to boost the organic revenue growth in the market for cell therapy. For instance, in July 2019, Bayer invested USD 215 million for the launch of Century Therapeutics, a U.S.-based biotechnology startup that aimed at developing therapies for solid tumors and blood cancer. Funding was further increased to USD 250 billion by a USD 35 million contribution from Versant Ventures and Fujifilm Cellular Dynamics.
The biomanufacturing companies are working in collaboration with customers and other stakeholders to enhance the clinical development and commercial manufacturing of these therapies. Biomanufacturers and OEMs such as GE healthcare are providing end-to-end flexible technology solutions to accelerate the rapid launch of therapies in the market for cell therapy.
The expanding stem cells arena has also triggered the entry of new players in the market for cell therapy. Celularity, Century Therapeutics, Rubius Therapeutics, ViaCyte, Fate Therapeutics, ReNeuron, Magenta Therapeutics, Frequency Therapeutics, Promethera Biosciences, and Cellular Dynamics are some startups that have begun their business in this arena lately.
The clinical-use segment is expected to grow lucratively during the forecast period owing to the expanding pipeline for therapies. The number of cancer cellular therapies in the pipeline rose from 753 in 2018 to 1,011 in 2019, as per Cancer Research Institute (CRI). The major application of stem cell treatment is hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for the treatment of the immune system and blood disorders for cancer patients.
In Europe, blood stem cells are used for the treatment of more than 26,000 patients each year. These factors have driven the revenue for malignancies and autoimmune disorders segment. Currently, most of the stem cells used are derived from bone marrow, blood, and umbilical cord resulting in the larger revenue share in this segment.
On the other hand, cell lines, such as Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells (iPSC) and human Embryonic Stem Cells (hESC) are recognized to possess high growth potential. As a result, a several research entities and companies are making significant investments in R&D pertaining to iPSC- and hESC-derived products.
Therapy Type Insights of Cell Therapy Market
An inclination of physicians towards therapeutic use of autologous and allogeneic cord blood coupled with rising awareness about the use of cord cells and tissues across various therapeutic areas is driving revenue generation. Currently, the allogeneic therapies segment accounted for the largest share in 2019 in the cell therapy market. The presence of a substantial number of approved products for clinical use has led to the large revenue share of this segment.
Furthermore, the practice of autologous tissue transplantation is restricted by the limited availability of healthy tissue in the patient. Moreover, this type of tissue transplantation is not recommended for young patients wherein tissues are in the growth and development phase. Allogeneic tissue transplantation has effectively addressed the above-mentioned challenges associated with the use of autologous transplantation.
However, autologous therapies are growing at the fastest growth rate owing to various advantages over allogeneic therapies, which are expected to boost adoption in this segment. Various advantages include easy availability, no need for HLA-matched donor identification, lower risk of life-threatening complications, a rare occurrence of graft failure, and low mortality rate.
Regional Insights of Cell Therapy Market
The presence of leading universities such as the Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, Stanford University, and Yale Stem Cell Center that support research activities in U.S. is one of the key factor driving the market for cell therapy in North America. Moreover, strong regulatory and financing support from the federal bodies for expansion of this arena in U.S. as well as Canada is driving the market.In Asia Pacific, the market is anticipated to emerge as a lucrative source of revenue owing to the availability of therapies at lower prices coupled with growing awareness among the healthcare entities and patients pertaining the potential of these therapies in chronic disease management. Japan is leading the Asian market for cell therapy, which can be attributed to its fast growth as a hub for research on regenerative medicine.
Moreover, the Japan government has recognized regenerative medicine and cell therapy as a key contributor to the countrys economic growth. This has positively influenced the attention of global players towards the Asian market, thereby driving marketing operations in the region.
Market Share Insights of Cell Therapy Market
Some key companies operating in this market for cell therapy are Fibrocell Science, Inc.; JCR Pharmaceuticals Co. Ltd.; Kolon TissueGene, Inc.; PHARMICELL Co., Ltd.; Osiris Therapeutics, Inc.; MEDIPOST; Cells for Cells; NuVasive, Inc.; Stemedica Cell Technologies, Inc.; Vericel Corporation; and ANTEROGEN.CO.,LTD. These companies are collaborating with the blood centers and plasma collection centers in order to obtain cells for use in therapeutics development.
Several companies have marked their presence in the market by acquiring small and emerging therapy developers. For instance, in August 2019, Bayer acquired BlueRock Therapeutics to establish its position in the market for cell therapy. BlueRock Therapeutics is a U.S. company that relies on a proprietary induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) platform for cell therapy development.
Several companies are making an entry in the space through the Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) business model. For example, in April 2019, Hitachi Chemical Co. Ltd. acquired apceth Biopharma GmbH to expand its global footprint in the CDMO market for cell and gene therapy manufacturing.
In September 2020, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited announced the expansion of its cell therapy manufacturing capabilities with the opening of a new 24,000 square-foot R&D cell therapy manufacturing facility at its R&D headquarters in Boston, Massachusetts. The facility provides end-to-end research and development capabilities and will accelerate Takedas efforts to develop next-generation cell therapies, initially focused on oncology with the potential to expand into other therapeutic areas.
The R&D cell therapy manufacturing facility will produce cell therapies for clinical evaluation from discovery through pivotal Phase 2b trials. The current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) facility is designed to meet all U.S., E.U., and Japanese regulatory requirements for cell therapy manufacturing to support Takeda clinical trials around the world.
The proximity and structure of Takedas cell therapy teams allow them to quickly apply what they learn across a diverse portfolio of next-generation cell therapies including CAR NKs, armored CAR-Ts, and gamma delta T cells. Insights gained in manufacturing and clinical development can be quickly shared across global research, manufacturing, and quality teams, a critical ability in their effort to deliver potentially transformative treatments to patients as fast as possible.
Takeda and MD Anderson are developing a potential best-in-class allogeneic cell therapy product (TAK-007), a Phase 1/2 CD19-targeted chimeric antigen receptor-directed natural killer (CAR-NK) cell therapy with the potential for off-the-shelf use being studied in patients with relapsed or refractory non-Hodgkins lymphoma (NHL) and chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL). Two additional Phase 1 studies of Takeda cell therapy programs were also recently initiated: 19(T2)28z1xx CAR T cells (TAK-940), a next-generation CAR-T signaling domain developed in partnership with Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) to treat relapsed/refractory B-cell cancers, and a cytokine and chemokine armored CAR-T (TAK-102) developed in partnership with Noile-Immune Biotech to treat GPC3-expressing previously treated solid tumors.
Takedas Cell Therapy Translational Engine (CTTE) connects clinical translational science, product design, development, and manufacturing through each phase of research, development, and commercialization. It provides bioengineering, chemistry, manufacturing and control (CMC), data management, analytical and clinical and translational capabilities in a single footprint to overcome many of the manufacturing challenges experienced in cell therapy development.
Segmentations, Sub Segmentations, CAGR, & High-Level Analysis overview of Cell Therapy Market Research ReportThis report forecasts revenue growth at global, regional, and country levels and provides an analysis of the latest industry trends in each of the sub-segments from 2019 to 2030. For the purpose of this study, this market research report has segmented the global cell therapy market on the basis of use-type, therapy-type, and region:
Use-Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2019 2030)
By Therapeutic Area
By Cell Type
Non-stem Cell Therapies
Therapy Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2019 2030)
Looking for more? Check out our repository for all available reports on Cell Therapy in related sectors.
Quick Read Table of Contents of this Report @ Cell Therapy Market Size, Share, Market Research and Industry Forecast Report, 2020-2027 (Includes Business Impact of COVID-19)
Trusted Business InsightsShelly ArnoldMedia & Marketing ExecutiveEmail Me For Any ClarificationsConnect on LinkedInClick to follow Trusted Business Insights LinkedIn for Market Data and Updates.US: +1 646 568 9797UK: +44 330 808 0580
Go here to read the rest:
- Trends Of Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation (HSCT) Market Reviewed For 2020 With Industry Outlook To 2027 - The Market Feed - December 3rd, 2020
- Latest Update 2020: Stem Cells Cryopreservation Equipments Market by COVID19 Impact Analysis And Top Manufacturers: Chart, Worthington Industries,... - December 3rd, 2020
- Hematopoietic Stem Cells (HSCs) Market | Global Industry Analysis By Trends, Size, Share, Company Overview, Growth And Forecast By 2026 - Khabar South... - December 3rd, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Expansion Projected to Gain an Uptick During 2020-2027 - The Haitian-Caribbean News Network - December 3rd, 2020
- Stem Cells Cryopreservation Equipments Market Growth and Current Status of Industry Surveyed in New Research Report | (2020-2027) - The... - December 3rd, 2020
- Cord Blood Stem Cells Market Growth, Analysis of Key Players, Trends, Drivers - Khabar South Asia - December 1st, 2020
- Placental Stem Cells (PSCS) Market 2020-2027 to Show Tremendous Growth || Leading Players StemCyte India Therapeutics Pvt. Ltd, PerkinElmer Inc,... - December 1st, 2020
- Vitalant to Hold Blood Donation Event on December 5 in Freehold - TAPinto.net - December 1st, 2020
- Research Antibodies Market is Driven by Increasing Incidence of Chronic Diseases and Life-threatening Diseases - Cheshire Media - November 30th, 2020
- The roles bone marrow plays in the body - Therogersvillereview - November 28th, 2020
- Revenue from the Sales of Hematopoietic Stem Cells Transplantation Market to Witness Relatively Significant Growth During 2017 2025 - Canaan Mountain... - November 28th, 2020
- Global Stem Cells Market is estimated to account for US$ 18289.9 Mn by end of 2027, Says Coherent Market Insights (CMI) - Business Wire - November 25th, 2020
- Community Cord Blood Banking emerges as a lifesaver - India Education Diary - November 25th, 2020
- Septic shock and pneumonia triggered by SARS-CoV-2 could be treated by radiation-activated MSCs - News-Medical.Net - November 25th, 2020
- Community Cord Blood Banking saves life of child with aplastic anaemia - The Hindu - November 20th, 2020
- Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation (HSCT) Market by Product Type, End User and by Region-Trends and Forecast to 2026|China Cord Blood Corp, CBR... - November 20th, 2020
- Autologous Stem Cell Based Therapies Market Share, Growth by Top Company, Region, Application, Driver, Trends & Forecasts by 2026 - PRnews Leader - November 20th, 2020
- As California Passes Prop 14, What Is Stem Cell Research and Why Is It Controversial? - Newsweek - November 14th, 2020
- Comprehensive Report on Hematopoietic Stem Cells (HSCs) Market 2020 | Size, Growth, Demand, Opportunities & Forecast To 2026 | Kite Pharma Inc.,... - November 14th, 2020
- Hematopoietic Stem Cells Transplantation Market size and Key Trends in terms of - News by aeresearch - November 14th, 2020
- Spinal Fusion Market Size and Forecasts Research Report 2020-2026 - TechnoWeekly - November 14th, 2020
- Hematopoietic Stem Cells Transplantation Market to witness an impressive growth during the forecast period 2020 2025 - Express Journal - November 11th, 2020
- Global Hematopoietic Stem Cells Transplantation (HSCT) Market Trends Research Report Analysis Revealing Key Drivers & Growth Trends through 2027 -... - November 11th, 2020
- It's time for Kentucky to talk to expectant parents about benefits of cord blood banking - Courier Journal - November 10th, 2020
- Autologous Stem Cell Based Therapies Market 2020 Emerging Trend and Advancement - News by aeresearch - November 8th, 2020
- Cord Blood Banking Market Technological Innovations And Future Opportunities 202 - Fractovia News - November 6th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market is estimated to be worth USD 8.5 Billion by 2030 - PRnews Leader - November 6th, 2020
- Hematopoietic Stem Cells Transplantation Market Size, Historical Growth, Analysis, Opportunities and Forecast To 2025 - AlgosOnline - November 6th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Size, Key Development Trends, and Growth Projection to 2027 - Stock Market Vista - November 6th, 2020
- Global Biopreservation Market Will Experience A Noticeable Growth During The Forecast Period 2019-2026||BioLifeSolutions Inc., Lifeline Scientific,... - November 6th, 2020
- Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation Market New Investments Expected to boost the Demand by 2025 - The Daily Philadelphian - November 6th, 2020
- California Prop. 14: What to know about the stem cell measure - Los Angeles Times - November 4th, 2020
- Cord Blood Stem Cells Market Size and Growth Factors Research and Projection 2025 - The Think Curiouser - October 29th, 2020
- How Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation (HSCT) Market Will Dominate In Coming Years? Report Covering Products, Financial Information,... - October 29th, 2020
- Thawing Equipment Market 2020 With Covid-19 Impact on Industry Share, Size, Emerging Technologies, Future Trends, Competitive Analysis | Thermo Fisher... - October 29th, 2020
- Covid-19 Imapct On Stem Cells Cryopreservation Equipments Market : Growth, Segmentation Analysis By Application And Regions To 2025 | Chart,... - October 29th, 2020
- Stem Cell Umbilical Cord Blood Market 2020; Region Wise Analysis of Top Players - News by aeresearch - October 28th, 2020
- Mesenchymal Stem Cells Market Augmented Expansion to Be Registered by 2020-2025 - Eurowire - October 28th, 2020
- Cynata looking to revolutionise stem cell therapy - The West Australian - October 28th, 2020
- Cell Harvesting Systems Market: Increasing demand for stem cell transplantation along with stem cell-based therapy to drive the market - BioSpace - October 28th, 2020
- Global Stem Cell Umbilical Cord Blood Market-Industry Analysis and forecast 2019 2027: By Storage Services, Therapeutics, Application, and Region -... - October 24th, 2020
- Washington blood donors urged to help amid surge in hospital usage - Seattle PI - October 24th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market 2020-2026 | XX% CAGR Projection Over the Next Five Years, Predicts Market Research Future with Market Size & Growth Key... - October 22nd, 2020
- Cord Blood Banking Market 2020 Regional Growth Drivers, Opportunities, Trends, and Forecasts to 2025 - News by Decresearch - October 20th, 2020
- Global Cord Blood Stem Cells Market Growth 2020-2026 : Advanced Cell Technology, California Stem Cell, Cytori Therapeutics - Illadel Graff Supply - October 20th, 2020
- Stem Cells Market 2020 is predicted to rise with a CAGR of XX% by 2026 | Including Growth Prospect, Market Size & Growth, Key Vendors, Top most... - October 20th, 2020
- Biopreservation Market is Projected to Grow Massively in Near Future - PRnews Leader - October 20th, 2020
- Fate Therapeutics' and Celyad's CAR therapies in oncology offer potential - pharmaceutical-technology.com - October 18th, 2020
- Explained: How Indias First-Ever Saviour-Sibling Born Through ART Saved Life Of Brother With Thalassemia - Swarajya - October 17th, 2020
- Blood donors needed to keep blood supply stocked for local patients - The B-Town (Burien) Blog - The B-Town Blog - October 17th, 2020
- A sister born to save ailing brother - The Hindu - October 17th, 2020
- An Indian Baby 'Savior Sibling' Just Gave Her Brother Bone Marrow. But Is It Ethical? - The Swaddle - October 17th, 2020
- CAR T-cell Therapies for the Treatment of Patients with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia - OncoZine - October 17th, 2020
- Global Stem Cell Umbilical Cord Blood Industry Market Forecast Revised in a New Market Research Store Report as COVID-19 Projected to Hold a Massive... - October 12th, 2020
- How They Voted | News | register-herald.com - Beckley Register-Herald - October 10th, 2020
- Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation (HSCT) Market Analysis of Key Vendors with Their Size, Share and Year-over-Year Growth 2027 - Press Release -... - October 10th, 2020
- Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation (HSCT) Market to eyewitness massive growth by 2026 | Escape Therapeutics Inc., Cryo-Save AG, Regen Biopharma... - October 5th, 2020
- Global Placental Stem Cell Collection and Storage Market 2020 with COVID-19 After Effects Growth Drivers, Top Key Players, Industry Segments and... - October 5th, 2020
- How Maine's members of Congress voted this week - Bangor Daily News - October 5th, 2020
- UC Davis Engineers Lead $36M Effort to Improve Recovery From Spinal Cord Injuries - UC Davis - October 5th, 2020
- Congress Votes | News - The Albany Herald - October 5th, 2020
- Here's how area members of Congress voted - Mansfield News Journal - October 5th, 2020
- Bloodworks Northwest now testing all whole blood donations for COVID-19 antibodies - The B-Town (Burien) Blog - The B-Town Blog - October 5th, 2020
- COVID 19 Impact on Cord Blood Banking Services Market 2020-2026 Major Opportunities, Key Insights and Top Companies CBR Systems, Cordlife, Stemcyte,... - September 29th, 2020
- Hematopoietic Stem Cells (HSCs) Market Primary Research, Secondary Research, Product Research, Trends And Forecast By 2026- Kite Pharma Inc., Thermo... - September 29th, 2020
- North America to Continue with its leading Streak in the Hematopoietic Stem Cells Transplantation Market - The Market Records - September 28th, 2020
- National Marrow Donor Program/Be The Match Urges Congress to Quickly Pass Reauthorization Bill to Protect Access to Life Saving Bone Marrow and Cord... - September 28th, 2020
- Biopreservation Market Size to grow significantly during the forecast period 2020 2027 - The Daily Chronicle - September 28th, 2020
- Biopreservation Market to Achieve Significant Growth in the Near Future - The Daily Chronicle - September 18th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market to Witness Exponential Growth by 2020-2027 | Leading Players Osiris Therapeutics, Medipost Co., Anterogen Co., Pharmicell... - September 18th, 2020
- Cord Blood Stem Cells Market 2019 Global Analysis, Research, Review, Applications and Forecast to 2025 - Scientect - September 16th, 2020
- STEM CELL BANKING Market Outlook, Recent Trends and Growth Forecast 2020-2026 - The Research Process - September 16th, 2020
- Full House and Senate should reauthorize the C.W. Bill Young Cell Transplantation Program | TheHill - The Hill - September 16th, 2020
- Boy, 4, who defied the odds to twice beat leukaemia enjoys first day of school - The Sun - September 16th, 2020
- Hematopoietic Stem Cells Transplantation Market to Witness a Substantiation between 2017 and 2025 - Scientect - September 16th, 2020
- FDA Approves Study to Investigate the Use of Cell Therapy to Treat COVID-19 Related Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children (MIS-C) - BioSpace - September 16th, 2020
- Lotus childbirth: All you need to know about the new birthing trend - Times of India - September 16th, 2020
- Cord Blood Banking Top Companies Growth With Top Players| Recovey From Covid 19 - TC BizNews - September 13th, 2020
- Global Stem Cells Cryopreservation Equipments Market Forecast Revised in a New Market Research Store Report as COVID-19 Projected to Hold a Massive... - September 13th, 2020
- Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation (HSCT) Market: How Top Leading Companies Can Make This Smart Strategy Work - The Daily Chronicle - September 13th, 2020