Trusted Business Insights answers what are the scenarios for growth and recovery and whether there will be any lasting structural impact from the unfolding crisis for the Cell Expansion market.
Trusted Business Insights presents an updated and Latest Study on Cell Expansion Market 2020-2029. The report contains market predictions related to market size, revenue, production, CAGR, Consumption, gross margin, price, and other substantial factors. While emphasizing the key driving and restraining forces for this market, the report also offers a complete study of the future trends and developments of the market.The report further elaborates on the micro and macroeconomic aspects including the socio-political landscape that is anticipated to shape the demand of the Cell Expansion market during the forecast period (2020-2029).It also examines the role of the leading market players involved in the industry including their corporate overview, financial summary, and SWOT analysis.
Get Sample Copy of this Report @ Cell Expansion Market 2020 and Forecast 2021-2027 Includes Business Impact Analysis of COVID-19
Report Overview: Cell Expansion Market
The global cell expansion market size was estimated at USD 18.1 billion in 2020 is expected to register a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.3% over the forecast period 2021-2027. Increase in usage of automated solutions in cell expansion applications is one of the market drivers. Automated systems minimize the manpower and cost incurred during the production of Cell Therapy Products (CTP), gene therapies, and other biologics; leading to robust and reliable processes.
Key players engaged in CTP development are expanding their product line to suffice the significant rise in the global demand for these therapy products. For instance, in March 2019, Lonza introduced a comprehensive portfolio of CellBio Services, which includes cell-line expansion and banking services. This solution is designed to fulfill research application requirements, finally accelerating the revenue generation in the market.
The paradigm shift toward Single-Use Systems (SUS) offers substantial production advantages in CTP manufacturing. SUS eliminates concerns of cross-contamination and culture contamination caused due to inappropriate sterilization. SUS also allows the production of CTP with high cell densities as well as offers cost-savings in the long run. Thus, a rise in the adoption of SUS surges the development of CTP, which boosts the market growth.
Cellular therapies are constantly gaining popularity in the life sciences industry. Rise in funding from private & government organizations and initiatives undertaken by them to encourage the development of cellular therapies act as drivers for the market. The International Society for Stem Cell Research is involved in the identification of stem cell-related funding opportunities across biomedical research applications.
Substitution of serum and other incompatible reagents is essential to control the quality of the product in CTP manufacturing. Several research studies have validated that the application of serum-free media controls product quality. Researchers have also developed an optimization platform that integrates high-throughput tools with a differential evolution-based algorithm, which acts as an automated effective optimization strategy for serum-free culture formulations.
Product Insights: Cell Expansion Market
Consumables led the product segment in 2019 and accounted for 46.8% of the overall share. It is estimated to retain its dominant position throughout the forecast years. Availability of a wide range of commercial media and reagent products that are dedicated to specific type of cells contributes to the large revenue share of this segment. In addition, these products are convenient, ready-to-use, and are also available as serum-free formulations.
The instruments segment is expected to register the highest CAGR over the forecast period owing to automation in bioreactors and other expansion platforms to enhance the efficiency of culturing procedures. The advent of automated platforms standardizes the process and facilitates process tracking while reducing the hands-on time; therefore, enables more effective use of the time of skilled personnel.
Continuous commercialization and introduction of automated culturing equipment also drive the revenue generation in the instruments segment. For instance, in March 2019, Hitachi, Ltd. commercialized its automated cell mass culture equipment in Japan. This commercialization allowed manufacture of induced pluripotent stem cells for regenerative medicine applications. Such efforts are expected to accelerate the revenue generation for instruments.
Cell Type Insights: Cell Expansion Market
Mammalian cells segment held the largest revenue share of 58.5% in 2019 and will remain dominant during the forecast period as these culture systems are highly preferred in production of complex protein therapeutics. This is because these systems are pharmacokinetically and functionally relevant to post-translational modifications in humans. Therefore, most of the biopharmaceuticals, including monoclonal antibodies, specific interferons, thrombolytics, and various therapeutic enzymes, are produced using these culture systems.
Differentiated human cells accounted for substantial revenue share as these cells perform a specific function in the body. Differentiated cells, such as fibroblasts, have gained immense importance in the cutaneous wound healing and skin bioengineering, thereby augmenting the segment growth. Moreover, evaluation of 3D Gingival Fibroblast (GF) toroids as a feasible and simple in vitro assay for biomaterial testing has expanded their usage rate.
Human stem cells have gained significant traction and are expected to witness the fastest CAGR from 2020 to 2027. The exponential growth of research in this sector and the huge success of regenerative medicine are among the key factors that can be attributed to the fastest growth rate. Furthermore, implementation of automated, robotic, and closed production systems in the manufacturing of clinical-grade mesenchymal stem cells drives the segment.
Application Insights: Cell Expansion Market
The biopharmaceutical segment captured the largest revenue share of 22.9% in 2019 owing to increase in the approvals of biopharmaceutical products in the past few years. The entry of new biopharmaceutical companies and the proliferation of bioprocessing technologies further drive the development of biopharmaceuticals, which, in turn, boosts the expansion procedures conducted during bio-production.
In addition, single-use technologies are gaining immense traction in manufacturing cellular therapies on a commercial level. The introduction of alternative planar cell expansion technologies, such as compact multi-layer bioreactors, has been witnessed over the years. This sufficed the requirement of closed systems that limits the potential risks associated with contamination and maintains control of a large-scale upstream production and unit production.The vaccine production segment is expected to witness the fastest growth rate during the forecast period due to the expansion of cell-based vaccine production in recent years. The production of these vaccines offers a cost-effective manufacturing solution while accelerating the development process.
End-use Insights: Cell Expansion Market
Biotechnology & biopharmaceutical companies segment held the largest share of 48% in 2019 and will expand further at a significant growth rate. The broadening horizon of cell-based therapeutics in the healthcare industry is one of the major factors contributing to the large share of biopharmaceutical companies. For instance, cellular-based therapies have gained immense popularity in regenerative medicine with constant improvements in injectable cell delivery systems for various clinical applications.
In addition, pharmaceutical & biopharmaceutical companies are also engaged in acquisitions to expand their product portfolio. For instance, in December 2019, Sartorius AG signed an agreement to acquire 50% shares of Biological Industries, an Israeli cell culture media manufacturer. This acquisition expanded the cell culture media portfolio of Sartorius, especially for cellular and gene therapies, regenerative medicine, and other advanced therapies.
Research institutes are anticipated to register the highest CAGR from 2020 to 2027 as researchers are engaged in several studies in the biomedical field. For instance, in April 2019, researchers at the University of Wisconsin, U.S., introduced a new technology for effortless development of the H3N2 vaccine. For this, they developed a new cell line that enhanced the growth of H3N2 for vaccine use. Such research findings are expected to help in introducing new products in this market.
Regional Insights: Cell Expansion Market
North America accounted for the largest share of 43.1% in 2019. The region will retain its leading position over the coming years due to a rise in funding initiatives by the government agencies, which has accelerated the manufacture of stem cells and the development of regenerative medicine and cellular therapy products. This, in turn, drives the demand for cell expansion platforms in this region.
For instance, in October 2019, the FDA and the Medical Technology Enterprise Consortium (MTEC) together provided funding of USD 5.3 million to the Southwest Research Institute (SwRI) (U.S.). The SwRI invested these funds to propagate cells for the development of personalized regenerative medicine. Such investments boost the revenue generation in this region.
Asia Pacific is expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period due to increasing efforts laid down by several local pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to develop and commercialize their cellular therapies. An Indian company, Stempeutics Research Pvt. Ltd., signed an alliance with Kemwell Biopharma in July 2019 for the commercialization of its stem cell-based product, Stempeucel. Such agreements are expected to boost product sales of small- and mid-scale companies.
Key Companies & Market Share Insights: Cell Expansion Market
Key market participants are undertaking several initiatives to expand their market presence and maintain a competitive edge in the space. Moreover, they are involved in collaboration & partnership models, product development, agreements, and business expansion strategies in untapped regions.
For instance, in June 2019, Demcon acquired a share in the Scinus Cell Expansion B.V., a manufacturer of stem cell-based therapy equipment headquartered in the Netherlands. This acquisition helped Scinus to expand its business in the stem cell therapy market. Such growth initiatives are expected to enhance the utilization rate of bioreactors used for culturing stem cells, thereby leading to market growth. Some of the prominent players in the cell expansion market include:
Key companies Profiled: Cell Expansion Market Report
This report forecasts revenue growth at global, regional, and country levels and provides an analysis of the latest industry trends in each of the sub-segments from 2016 to 2027. For the purpose of this study, Trusted Business Insights has segmented the global cell expansion market report on the basis of product, cell type, application, end use, and region:
Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 2027)
Cell Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 2027)
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 2027)
End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 2027)
Looking for more? Check out our repository for all available reports on Cell Expansion in related sectors.
Quick Read Table of Contents of this Report @ Cell Expansion Market 2020 and Forecast 2021-2027 Includes Business Impact Analysis of COVID-19
Trusted Business InsightsShelly ArnoldMedia & Marketing ExecutiveEmail Me For Any ClarificationsConnect on LinkedInClick to follow Trusted Business Insights LinkedIn for Market Data and Updates.US: +1 646 568 9797UK: +44 330 808 0580
See the original post here:
- Global Cord Blood Corporation Files Annual Report on Form 20-F - PRNewswire - August 2nd, 2021
- Stem cell company asked to compensate couple - Times of India - July 31st, 2021
- Cell Banking Outsourcing Market Production, Consumption, Worldwide Business, Revenue, Price Trend by Product Type, Analysis by 2027 The Manomet... - July 31st, 2021
- LifeCell International appoints Mullen Lintas as their creative partner - ETBrandEquity.com - July 31st, 2021
- Worldwide Stem Cell Banking Industry to 2026 - Featuring CBR Systems, Cordlife and Lifecell Among Others - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - July 17th, 2021
- Stem Cells Market Key Players, Competitive Landscape, Growth, Statistics, Revenue and Industry Analysis Report by 2027 The Manomet Current - The... - July 13th, 2021
- Shawn Johnson East is among influencers promoting cord blood banking. What is it? - Yahoo News - July 9th, 2021
- Bringing the clinic home - Harvard School of Engineering and Applied Sciences - July 9th, 2021
- Stem Cell Banking Market to Witness Robust Expansion Throughout the Forecast Period 2019 2026 Rust Wire - Rust Wire - July 9th, 2021
- Global Cord Blood Banking Market Demand Analysis and Projected huge Growth By 2027 The Manomet Current - The Manomet Current - July 3rd, 2021
- Need-based innovations happen overnight in India: Padmashri Dr. Manjula Anagani - ETHealthworld.com - July 1st, 2021
- Global Cord Stem Cell Banking Market by Technology, Application & Geography Analysis & Forecast to 2028 ||CBR Systems, Inc Cordlife Cells4Life... - June 29th, 2021
- Stem Cells Banking Market Estimated to Boost in Near Future 2027 with Top Key Players KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - June 29th, 2021
- Global Cord Blood Corporation Reports Financial Results for the Fourth Quarter and Full Year of Fiscal 2021 - PRNewswire - June 29th, 2021
- Cell Banking Outsourcing Market is Projected to Witness an Upward Growth Over 2027: SGS Life Sciences, Lonza, CCBC, Vcanbio The Manomet Current - The... - June 24th, 2021
- Global Cord Blood Corporation to Report Fourth Quarter and Full Year Fiscal 2021 Financial Results - Yahoo Finance - June 22nd, 2021
- Cord Stem Cell Banking Market 2021-Competitive Insights: CBR Systems, Inc., Cordlife, Cells4Life Group LLP, Cryo-Cell International, Inc., Cryo-Save... - June 22nd, 2021
- COVID-19 Impact on Cancer Stem Cells Market to Witness Comprehensive Growth by 2026 The Manomet Current - The Manomet Current - June 16th, 2021
- Global Stem Cell Banking Market Forecast 2021 to 2028 Global Analysis and Forecasts By Application And Segment with Growth Rate, Competitive Trends... - June 16th, 2021
- HealthLynked Corp. Presents At The World Stem Cell Summit On Thursday, June 17, 2021 At 12:45pm Eastern Standard Time - Stockhouse - June 16th, 2021
- Cell Banking Outsourcing Market Research Report | Know the Growth Factors and Future Scope to 2021 2027 The Courier - The Courier - June 16th, 2021
- North America Pharmaceutical Contract Packaging Market Analysis, Recent Trends and Growth Forecast by 2026 The Manomet Current - The Manomet Current - June 16th, 2021
- Mining Truck Market Share, Outlook, Future Growth and Opportunities by 2026 The Manomet Current - The Manomet Current - June 16th, 2021
- India Cord Stem Cell Banking Market Covering Impact of COVID-19, Financial Information, Developments and SWOT Analysis KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper -... - June 14th, 2021
- Stem Cell Manufacturing Market Size to Reach USD 28.85 Billion in 2028 - GlobeNewswire - June 13th, 2021
- Global Cell Banking Outsourcing Market 2020 to 2025 Research Covers Top Players SGS Life Sciences, Wuxi Apptec, Vcanbio, Lonza, Thermo Fisher, CCBC,... - June 11th, 2021
- Avalon GloboCare to Present at the Noble Capital Markets Investor Forum During the 16th Annual World - GlobeNewswire - June 11th, 2021
- COVID-19 Pandemic: Cancer Stem Cells Market Will Propel the Growth with Its Advanced Approaches In 2020 The Manomet Current - The Manomet Current - June 11th, 2021
- Global Stem Cell Banking Market Growth Factor with Key Drivers Analysis till 2026 | Cord Blood Registry (CBR) Systems, Cordlife Group Limited,... - June 9th, 2021
- Global Cord Blood Banking Market Revolutionary Trends in Industry Groeth Statistics By 2027 The Courier - The Courier - June 9th, 2021
- Seminar on future stem cell treatment in Libya - The Libya Observer - June 9th, 2021
- GMP Cell Banking Services Market Overview Of The Key Driving Forces To Create Positive Impact On The Industry Growth 2026 The Courier - The Courier - June 5th, 2021
- Stem Cell Manufacturing Market Size, Business Growth Tactics, Future Strategies, Competitive Outlook and Forecast to 2027 The Courier - The Courier - June 5th, 2021
- Umbilical Cord Blood Banking: Pros & Cons, Costs, Basics - June 1st, 2021
- Stem Cell Banking Houston | Sugar Land - Hope Biosciences - June 1st, 2021
- Stem Cell Banking Market | Growing at a CAGR of 8.2% ... - May 28th, 2021
- Global GMP Cell Banking Services Market Revenue Is To Reach A Value Of CAGR Forecast Till 2027 - PharmiWeb.com - May 28th, 2021
- Global Stem Cell Therapy Market Latest Innovative Solutions to Boost Global Growth, Overview, Driver, Restraints, Deployments and Key Players... - May 28th, 2021
- Chemical Filters Market Will Generate Record Revenue by 2027 Covid-19 Analysis The Manomet Current - The Manomet Current - May 28th, 2021
- Stem Cell Banking Market to Witness Growth Acceleration | Cryo-Save Ag (A Subsidiary Of Esperite NV), Lifecell International, Stemcyte, Viacord (A... - May 22nd, 2021
- Global Cord Stem Cell Banking Market In Depth Industry Analysis on Trends, Growth, Opportunities and Forecast till 2028||Cryo-Cell International,... - May 22nd, 2021
- Global Stem Cell Banking Market with Top Growth Companies, Size, Trends, Industry Analysis, and Key Players, Forecast 2020-2028 The Courier - The... - May 22nd, 2021
- Global Cord Blood Banking Services Market Regional Demand, Revenue, Sales Data, and Industry Forecast to 2027 Wall Street Call - Reported Times - May 16th, 2021
- Biopreservation Market Know the diverse technological advancements in the biopreservation - BioSpace - May 16th, 2021
- StemCyte Inc. Extends Umbilical Cord Blood Collection Operation at Three Hospital Collection Sites in Southern California - PRNewswire - May 14th, 2021
- Stem Cell Banking Market Size 2020, Share, Global Trends, Comprehensive Research Study, Development Status The Manomet Current - The Manomet Current - May 14th, 2021
- Stem Cell Banking Market Analysis 2021 Upcoming Trends, Latest Innovations, Key Players and Competitive Strategies by 2027 The Courier - The Courier - May 14th, 2021
- Europe Biobanks Market In-depth Analysis on Latest Trend, Current Status and Insight Driven Transformation 2021-2026 KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper -... - May 14th, 2021
- Global Cord Blood Banking Services Market-Industry Analysis and Forecast (2020-2027) By Type, End User, Application, and Region. Clark County Blog -... - May 14th, 2021
- Cryo-Cell International Proudly Announces Two Ongoing COVID-19 Related Trials - GlobeNewswire - May 10th, 2021
- How many creepy childhood keepsakes are too many? - Salon - May 10th, 2021
- Emerging Trend: Stem Cell Banking Market Business Strategy and Forecast to 2028 | Cord Blood Registry Systems, Cordlife, Cryo-Cell International The... - May 9th, 2021
- Informative Report On Stem Cell Banking Market 2021 Clark County Blog - Clark County Blog - May 9th, 2021
- Global Stem Cell Banking Market by Type (Umbilical Cord Blood Stem Cell, Embryonic Stem Cell, Adult Stem Cell, Other, Stem Cell Bankin), By... - May 9th, 2021
- Upcoming Opportunities in Stem Cell Banking Market: Future Trend and Analysis of Key Segments and Forecast 2021 to 2026 NeighborWebSJ - NeighborWebSJ - May 5th, 2021
- Stem Cell Banking Market 2021 Is Rapidly Increasing Worldwide in Near Future | Top Companies Analysis- CCBC, CBR, ViaCord, Esperite, Vcanbio, etc. ... - May 5th, 2021
- Cell Banking Outsourcing Market Witness an Outstanding Growth and Strong Revenue and Forecast 2027 The Courier - The Courier - May 5th, 2021
- Global Stem Cell Banking Market Analysis and Forecast (2018-2024) The Courier - The Courier - April 30th, 2021
- Global Stem Cell Banking Market : Industry Analysis and Forecast (2021-2027) By Type, Application and Region The Courier - The Courier - April 28th, 2021
- India Cord Stem Cell Banking Market to gain significant revenue and Competitive Outlook UP To 2026 KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - KSU | The Sentinel... - April 24th, 2021
- Growth Prospects of Stem Cell Banking Market: Business Outlook 2021-2026 by Global Stem Cell Banking Market, By Type, 2016-2021, 2022-2027 ($... - April 24th, 2021
- LifeCell is strengthening its diagnostics and biologics business divisions - BusinessLine - April 24th, 2021
- Excellthera and Ossium Health Announce a Collaboration to Advance Their Technologies and Platforms to Improve Human Health - StreetInsider.com - April 24th, 2021
- Stem Cell Banking Storage Market is Expected to Deliver Higher Revenue in Next 5 Years Clark County Blog - Clark County Blog - April 24th, 2021
- Stem Cell Banking Market Potential Growth During 2021-2026, Industry Share and Demand Analysis of Key Players NeighborWebSJ - NeighborWebSJ - April 18th, 2021
- Stem Cell Banking Market Detailed Analysis and Forecast To-2028 The Courier - The Courier - April 18th, 2021
- Innovative Report on Stem Cell Banking Market with Innovations, Competitive Analysis and New Business Developments NeighborWebSJ - NeighborWebSJ - April 18th, 2021
- Global Stem Cell Technologies and Applications Market 2020-2030 - Yahoo Finance - April 18th, 2021
- Global Stem Cell Banking Market 2020 Research by Top Manufacturers, Business Growth and Forecast to 2025 - The Courier - April 18th, 2021
- Meet The Company Reprogramming The Future Of Synthetic Biology - Forbes - April 18th, 2021
- Global Stem Cell Banking Market Registering A CAGR Of 11.03% In The Forecast 2026||SMART CELLS PLUS, LifeCell International, Global Cord Blood... - April 14th, 2021
- Biobanking Market 2021 Trending Technologies, Development Plans, Future Growth and Geographical Regions to 2027 KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - KSU |... - April 14th, 2021
- [Full text] Binding of the SARS-CoV-2 Spike Protein | HMER - Dove Medical Press - April 14th, 2021
- Global Stem Cell Therapy Market Analysis and Forecast (2019-2024) KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - April 10th, 2021
- STEM CELL BANKING Market Competitive Landscape, Analysis Report By Product, By Application, By End Use, By Region And Segment Forecasts from 2021 To... - April 10th, 2021
- COVID-19 Impacts: Cord Stem Cell Banking Market Will Accelerate at a CAGR xx% Through 2021-2027 | Rising Technological Innovations to Boost Growth | ... - April 10th, 2021
- Stem Cell Banking Market 2021 Industry Size, Share, Growth and Top Companies Analysis- CCBC, CBR, ViaCord, Esperite, Vcanbio, etc. The Bisouv Network... - April 6th, 2021
- Episode 46: 3 ways to enhance the veterinary client experience - DVM 360 - April 3rd, 2021
- Stem Cell Banking Market 2021 Is Booming Across the Globe by Share, Size, Growth, Segments and Forecast to 2027 | Top Players Analysis- CCBC, CBR,... - April 3rd, 2021
- Cell Banking Outsourcing Market to gain significant revenue in the Period of 2027 KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - March 30th, 2021