Trusted Business Insights answers what are the scenarios for growth and recovery and whether there will be any lasting structural impact from the unfolding crisis for the Cell Expansion market.
Trusted Business Insights presents an updated and Latest Study on Cell Expansion Market 2020-2029. The report contains market predictions related to market size, revenue, production, CAGR, Consumption, gross margin, price, and other substantial factors. While emphasizing the key driving and restraining forces for this market, the report also offers a complete study of the future trends and developments of the market.The report further elaborates on the micro and macroeconomic aspects including the socio-political landscape that is anticipated to shape the demand of the Cell Expansion market during the forecast period (2020-2029).It also examines the role of the leading market players involved in the industry including their corporate overview, financial summary, and SWOT analysis.
Get Sample Copy of this Report @ Cell Expansion Market 2020 and Forecast 2021-2027 Includes Business Impact Analysis of COVID-19
Report Overview: Cell Expansion Market
The global cell expansion market size was estimated at USD 18.1 billion in 2020 is expected to register a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.3% over the forecast period 2021-2027. Increase in usage of automated solutions in cell expansion applications is one of the market drivers. Automated systems minimize the manpower and cost incurred during the production of Cell Therapy Products (CTP), gene therapies, and other biologics; leading to robust and reliable processes.
Key players engaged in CTP development are expanding their product line to suffice the significant rise in the global demand for these therapy products. For instance, in March 2019, Lonza introduced a comprehensive portfolio of CellBio Services, which includes cell-line expansion and banking services. This solution is designed to fulfill research application requirements, finally accelerating the revenue generation in the market.
The paradigm shift toward Single-Use Systems (SUS) offers substantial production advantages in CTP manufacturing. SUS eliminates concerns of cross-contamination and culture contamination caused due to inappropriate sterilization. SUS also allows the production of CTP with high cell densities as well as offers cost-savings in the long run. Thus, a rise in the adoption of SUS surges the development of CTP, which boosts the market growth.
Cellular therapies are constantly gaining popularity in the life sciences industry. Rise in funding from private & government organizations and initiatives undertaken by them to encourage the development of cellular therapies act as drivers for the market. The International Society for Stem Cell Research is involved in the identification of stem cell-related funding opportunities across biomedical research applications.
Substitution of serum and other incompatible reagents is essential to control the quality of the product in CTP manufacturing. Several research studies have validated that the application of serum-free media controls product quality. Researchers have also developed an optimization platform that integrates high-throughput tools with a differential evolution-based algorithm, which acts as an automated effective optimization strategy for serum-free culture formulations.
Product Insights: Cell Expansion Market
Consumables led the product segment in 2019 and accounted for 46.8% of the overall share. It is estimated to retain its dominant position throughout the forecast years. Availability of a wide range of commercial media and reagent products that are dedicated to specific type of cells contributes to the large revenue share of this segment. In addition, these products are convenient, ready-to-use, and are also available as serum-free formulations.
The instruments segment is expected to register the highest CAGR over the forecast period owing to automation in bioreactors and other expansion platforms to enhance the efficiency of culturing procedures. The advent of automated platforms standardizes the process and facilitates process tracking while reducing the hands-on time; therefore, enables more effective use of the time of skilled personnel.
Continuous commercialization and introduction of automated culturing equipment also drive the revenue generation in the instruments segment. For instance, in March 2019, Hitachi, Ltd. commercialized its automated cell mass culture equipment in Japan. This commercialization allowed manufacture of induced pluripotent stem cells for regenerative medicine applications. Such efforts are expected to accelerate the revenue generation for instruments.
Cell Type Insights: Cell Expansion Market
Mammalian cells segment held the largest revenue share of 58.5% in 2019 and will remain dominant during the forecast period as these culture systems are highly preferred in production of complex protein therapeutics. This is because these systems are pharmacokinetically and functionally relevant to post-translational modifications in humans. Therefore, most of the biopharmaceuticals, including monoclonal antibodies, specific interferons, thrombolytics, and various therapeutic enzymes, are produced using these culture systems.
Differentiated human cells accounted for substantial revenue share as these cells perform a specific function in the body. Differentiated cells, such as fibroblasts, have gained immense importance in the cutaneous wound healing and skin bioengineering, thereby augmenting the segment growth. Moreover, evaluation of 3D Gingival Fibroblast (GF) toroids as a feasible and simple in vitro assay for biomaterial testing has expanded their usage rate.
Human stem cells have gained significant traction and are expected to witness the fastest CAGR from 2020 to 2027. The exponential growth of research in this sector and the huge success of regenerative medicine are among the key factors that can be attributed to the fastest growth rate. Furthermore, implementation of automated, robotic, and closed production systems in the manufacturing of clinical-grade mesenchymal stem cells drives the segment.
Application Insights: Cell Expansion Market
The biopharmaceutical segment captured the largest revenue share of 22.9% in 2019 owing to increase in the approvals of biopharmaceutical products in the past few years. The entry of new biopharmaceutical companies and the proliferation of bioprocessing technologies further drive the development of biopharmaceuticals, which, in turn, boosts the expansion procedures conducted during bio-production.
In addition, single-use technologies are gaining immense traction in manufacturing cellular therapies on a commercial level. The introduction of alternative planar cell expansion technologies, such as compact multi-layer bioreactors, has been witnessed over the years. This sufficed the requirement of closed systems that limits the potential risks associated with contamination and maintains control of a large-scale upstream production and unit production.The vaccine production segment is expected to witness the fastest growth rate during the forecast period due to the expansion of cell-based vaccine production in recent years. The production of these vaccines offers a cost-effective manufacturing solution while accelerating the development process.
End-use Insights: Cell Expansion Market
Biotechnology & biopharmaceutical companies segment held the largest share of 48% in 2019 and will expand further at a significant growth rate. The broadening horizon of cell-based therapeutics in the healthcare industry is one of the major factors contributing to the large share of biopharmaceutical companies. For instance, cellular-based therapies have gained immense popularity in regenerative medicine with constant improvements in injectable cell delivery systems for various clinical applications.
In addition, pharmaceutical & biopharmaceutical companies are also engaged in acquisitions to expand their product portfolio. For instance, in December 2019, Sartorius AG signed an agreement to acquire 50% shares of Biological Industries, an Israeli cell culture media manufacturer. This acquisition expanded the cell culture media portfolio of Sartorius, especially for cellular and gene therapies, regenerative medicine, and other advanced therapies.
Research institutes are anticipated to register the highest CAGR from 2020 to 2027 as researchers are engaged in several studies in the biomedical field. For instance, in April 2019, researchers at the University of Wisconsin, U.S., introduced a new technology for effortless development of the H3N2 vaccine. For this, they developed a new cell line that enhanced the growth of H3N2 for vaccine use. Such research findings are expected to help in introducing new products in this market.
Regional Insights: Cell Expansion Market
North America accounted for the largest share of 43.1% in 2019. The region will retain its leading position over the coming years due to a rise in funding initiatives by the government agencies, which has accelerated the manufacture of stem cells and the development of regenerative medicine and cellular therapy products. This, in turn, drives the demand for cell expansion platforms in this region.
For instance, in October 2019, the FDA and the Medical Technology Enterprise Consortium (MTEC) together provided funding of USD 5.3 million to the Southwest Research Institute (SwRI) (U.S.). The SwRI invested these funds to propagate cells for the development of personalized regenerative medicine. Such investments boost the revenue generation in this region.
Asia Pacific is expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period due to increasing efforts laid down by several local pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to develop and commercialize their cellular therapies. An Indian company, Stempeutics Research Pvt. Ltd., signed an alliance with Kemwell Biopharma in July 2019 for the commercialization of its stem cell-based product, Stempeucel. Such agreements are expected to boost product sales of small- and mid-scale companies.
Key Companies & Market Share Insights: Cell Expansion Market
Key market participants are undertaking several initiatives to expand their market presence and maintain a competitive edge in the space. Moreover, they are involved in collaboration & partnership models, product development, agreements, and business expansion strategies in untapped regions.
For instance, in June 2019, Demcon acquired a share in the Scinus Cell Expansion B.V., a manufacturer of stem cell-based therapy equipment headquartered in the Netherlands. This acquisition helped Scinus to expand its business in the stem cell therapy market. Such growth initiatives are expected to enhance the utilization rate of bioreactors used for culturing stem cells, thereby leading to market growth. Some of the prominent players in the cell expansion market include:
Key companies Profiled: Cell Expansion Market Report
This report forecasts revenue growth at global, regional, and country levels and provides an analysis of the latest industry trends in each of the sub-segments from 2016 to 2027. For the purpose of this study, Trusted Business Insights has segmented the global cell expansion market report on the basis of product, cell type, application, end use, and region:
Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 2027)
Cell Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 2027)
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 2027)
End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 2027)
Looking for more? Check out our repository for all available reports on Cell Expansion in related sectors.
Quick Read Table of Contents of this Report @ Cell Expansion Market 2020 and Forecast 2021-2027 Includes Business Impact Analysis of COVID-19
Trusted Business InsightsShelly ArnoldMedia & Marketing ExecutiveEmail Me For Any ClarificationsConnect on LinkedInClick to follow Trusted Business Insights LinkedIn for Market Data and Updates.US: +1 646 568 9797UK: +44 330 808 0580
See the original post here:
- Cord Stem Cell Banking Market 2020 Industry Share, Size, Growth, Segments, Revenue, Statistics, Busi - PharmiWeb.com - November 30th, 2020
- Global Cord Blood Corporation Reports Financial Results for the Second Quarter and First Half of Fiscal 2021 - PRNewswire - November 30th, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Outsourcing Market 2020-2026- Business Insights, Trends and Key Drivers| CCBC, CBR, ViaCord - The Haitian-Caribbean News Network - November 30th, 2020
- Impact Of Covid-19 On Stem Cell Banking Market 2020 Industry Challenges, By Key Players, Types, Applications, Countries, Market Size, Forecast To 2026... - November 30th, 2020
- Covid-19 Impact on Global Cell Banking Outsourcing Market Expected To Reach Highest CAGR by 2026 : SGS Life Sciences, Lonza, CCBC, Vcanbio, AMAG... - November 30th, 2020
- Global Cord Blood Corporation Reports Financial Results for the Second Quarter and First Half of Fiscal 2021 - Galveston County Daily News - November 25th, 2020
- Global Stem Cell Banking Market to Get Expansion admist COVID 19, Scope With Advanced Technologies Top Key Players and Forecast 2020-2027 - The... - November 25th, 2020
- Global Regenerative Medicine Market 2020-2025: Opportunities with the Implementation of the 21st Century Cures Act - Stockhouse - November 25th, 2020
- Application and Product Portfolio Analysis During the forecasted period of Stem Cell Banking Market - The Think Curiouser - November 20th, 2020
- Why Bank Cord Blood & Tissue? Is Banking Worth It? | Cryo-Cell - November 16th, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking | Michigan Center for Regenerative Medicine - November 16th, 2020
- Latest Study explores the Stem Cell Banking Market Witness Highest Growth in nea - GroundAlerts.com - November 6th, 2020
- Cord Stem Cell Banking Market 2020-2026 Global Share and Forecast Research | Global Players Lifecell, StemCyte India Therapeutics Pvt. Ltd, Viacord,... - November 6th, 2020
- High Density Cell Banking Market 2020 Growing Demand, Top Companies, Innovative Technologies, Segmental Outlook and Industry Insights 2027 - Zenit... - November 6th, 2020
- Magenta Therapeutics Announces Multiple Presentations Across Stem Cell Transplant Portfolio at The American - Global Banking And Finance Review - November 6th, 2020
- Cell Banking Outsourcing Market Detailed analysis of current Industry figures with forecasts growth by 2028 | SGS Life Sciences, Lonza, CCBC,... - November 4th, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market Is Staring At A Promising Future During The Forecast Period Owing to Rapid Advances in Technology 2018 2026 - Aerospace... - November 2nd, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market to witness an impressive growth during the forecast pe - News by aeresearch - November 2nd, 2020
- Global Cord Blood Banking Market 2020 Growth Analysis with Production, Trends and Forecast up to 2027 - Illadel Graff Supply - November 2nd, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market to Witness an Outstanding Growth by 2028 PRnews Leader - PRnews Leader - October 29th, 2020
- Early Impacts of COVID-19 on Cancer Stem Cells Market Trends and Future Dynamics 2027 - The Think Curiouser - October 29th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market to Register Unwavering Growth During 2025 - The Think Curiouser - October 29th, 2020
- In-Depth Report on Canine Stem Cell Therapy Market 2020|by Top Key players Aratana Therapeutics, Okyanos, Magellan Stem Cells, Stem Cell Vet - The... - October 29th, 2020
- AgeX Therapeutics Sublicenses Stem Cell Line ESI-053 to ImStem Biotechnology for Development of Cell Therapy - Global Banking And Finance Review - October 29th, 2020
- Global Cell Banking Outsourcing Market Research Report 2020 Growing Demand, Business Opportunities, Competitive Analysis, Future Prospects and... - October 29th, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market from Key End-use Sectors to Surge in the Near Future - The Think Curiouser - October 22nd, 2020
- India Cord Stem Cell Banking Market is Projected to Grow Massively in Near Future - PRnews Leader - October 22nd, 2020
- Global Cord Blood Banking Services Market Expected to Reach Highest CAGR By 2026: Cord Blood America, California Cryobank Stem Cell Services LLC,... - October 22nd, 2020
- Cell Banking Outsourcing Market 2020 Progress Factors, Size, Share, Analysis and Forecast 2027 | Charles River Laboratories, Cryo-Cell International... - October 22nd, 2020
- Growing Focus on Product Innovation Likely to Impact the Growth of the Stem Cell Banking Market 2018 2026 - Aerospace Journal - October 22nd, 2020
- Cell Banking Outsourcing Market Report, History And Forecast 2020-2027, Breakdown Data By Manufacturers, Key Regions, Types And Application - PRnews... - October 22nd, 2020
- The COVID-19 Fallout: Cancer Stem Cells Market Key Growth Factors and Opportunities in 2020-2027 - The Think Curiouser - October 22nd, 2020
- Global Cord Blood Banking Services Market Expected to Reach xx.xx Mn By 2026 : Cord Blood America, California Cryobank Stem Cell Services LLC,... - October 18th, 2020
- Global Cell Banking Outsourcing Market Size 2020 Share, Trends, Growth Opportunities, Type, Application and Worldwide Forecast to 2024 - PRnews... - October 17th, 2020
- Banking wisdom: Teen saving stem cells in hopes of future treatment - LubbockOnline.com - October 14th, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market to witness an impressive growth during the forecast period 2020 2025 - Express Journal - October 14th, 2020
- Global Cell Banking Outsourcing Market Potential Growth, Share, Size, Demand and Analysis of Key Players Industry Research Forecasts to 2026 | SGS... - October 14th, 2020
- Global Stem Cell Banking Market 2015-2025 In-Depth Analysis, CO-VID 19 Impact on Industry Demands, Trends, Sales and Applications|CCBC, CBR, ViaCord,... - October 4th, 2020
- STEM CELL BANKING Market Potential Growth, Size, Share, Demand and Analysis of Key Players Research Forecasts to 2027 - The Daily Chronicle - October 2nd, 2020
- Cell Banking Outsourcing Market Research Provides an In-Depth Analysis on the Future Growth Prospects and Industry Trends Adopted by top key players... - October 2nd, 2020
- Abu Dhabi Stem Cells Center and Pluristem Unveil Joint Projects at Malta Conferences Foundation Online Event - Global Banking And Finance Review - October 2nd, 2020
- Global Stem Cell manufacturing Market Analysis 2020 With COVID 19 Impact Analysis| Leading Players, Business Prospects, In-depth Analysis Research... - September 20th, 2020
- Cord Stem Cell Banking Market Analysis 2020 With COVID 19 Impact Analysis| Leading Players, Business Prospects, In-depth Analysis Research Report... - September 20th, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market Analysis, Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities, Threats, Trends, Applications, And Growth Forecast To 2027 - Owned - September 13th, 2020
- India Cord Stem Cell Banking Market To Register Phenomenal Growth in the Period of 2019 2026 - Verdant News - September 13th, 2020
- Global Bio-Banks Market : Industry Analysis and Forecast (2019-2026) By Type, Product,Application,Analysis,and Region. - Galus Australis - September 3rd, 2020
- Innovative Report on Stem Cell Banking Market with Innovations, Competitive Analysis, New Business Developments and Top Companies Forecast to 2027 -... - September 3rd, 2020
- Global Cord Blood Banking Market 2020 with Analysis of 44 Industry Players - PRNewswire - September 3rd, 2020
- Global Cell Banking Outsourcing market 2020 Global Industry Size Estimation, Research Update, Future Scope, Latest Trend Analysis, Research Findings,... - September 3rd, 2020
- Global Stem Cell Banking Market with Covid-19 Effect Analysis, Growth, Research Findings, Type, Application, Element Global Trends and Forecast to... - August 31st, 2020
- Cord Blood & Cord Blood Banking: An Industry Overview 2020 - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - August 31st, 2020
- Global Stem Cell Banking Market Size To Witness A Lucrative Growth Over 2020-2026 - Bulletin Line - August 31st, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market IN COVID-19: IMPLICATIONS AND BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES FOR GROWTH GLOBALLY - Scientect - August 27th, 2020
- Global Cord Blood Corporation Reports Financial Results for the First Quarter of Fiscal 2021 - Stockhouse - August 27th, 2020
- At 8.4% CAGR, STEM CELL BANKING Market Size is Expected to Exhibit 11.2 Billion US$ by 2025 - Scientect - August 20th, 2020
- Global stem cell banking market Enhancement And Its growth prospects forecast 2020 to 2027 - Scientect - August 20th, 2020
- Placental Stem Cells (PSCS) Market 2020-2027 Reporting And Evaluation of Recent Industry Developments || Leading Players StemCyte India Therapeutics... - August 20th, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market Size, Share, Global Future Trend, Segmentation, Business Growth, Top Key Players, Opportunities and Forecast to 2027 - Owned - August 20th, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market Size By Product Analysis, By Application, By End-Users, By Regional Outlook, By Top Companies and Forecast to 2027 - Bulletin... - August 20th, 2020
- On the move at the OneAZ, Spencer Fane, UArizona - AZ Big Media - August 20th, 2020
- Erwinase Market Expected to Witness High Growth over the Forecast Period 2020 - - News.MarketSizeForecasters.com - August 20th, 2020
- Covid-19 Update : Cord Stem Cell Banking Market 2020 Next Big Thing | Global Players CBR Systems, - PharmiWeb.com - July 18th, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market Poised to Grow at a Healthy CAGR of XX% During the Forecast Period 2018 2026 - Jewish Life News - July 18th, 2020
- Global Stem Cell Banking Market 2020 Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updated Analysis By Product (Umbilical Cord Blood Stem Cell, Embryonic Stem Cell, Adult... - July 18th, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Storage Market Size By Product Analysis, Application, End-Users, Regional Outlook, Competitive Strategies And Forecast Up To 2026 -... - July 18th, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Storage Market Size, Production, Consumption, Export and Import, Growth Rate and Price Analysis by Types and Applications, Forecast... - July 18th, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market Regions And Top Key Players Analysis From 2020-2029 - Cole of Duty - July 11th, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market Growth By Manufacturers, Countries, Types And Application, End Users And Forecast To 2026 - 3rd Watch News - July 11th, 2020
- Cell Banking Outsourcing Market 2019 | Analyzing The Impact Followed By Restraints, Opportunities And Projected Developments | Industry Growth... - July 11th, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market Growth By Manufacturers, Type And Application, Forecast To 2026 - 3rd Watch News - July 6th, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market Global Industry Analysis and Opportunity and Forecast 2018 to 2028 - Cole of Duty - July 1st, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market Size, Analysis, Trends and Segmented Data by Top Companies and Opportunities 2020-2027 - Apsters News - July 1st, 2020
- Global Covid-19 impact on Stem Cell Banking Market Trends, Analysis by Application and Region by 2025| CCBC,CBR,ViaCord,Esperite - 3rd Watch News - July 1st, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market Report Explores Share, Development By Companies Outlook, Growth Prospects And 2021 Key Opportunities Forecast - Industry... - July 1st, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market: Predictable To Witness Sustainable Evolution over 2020-2030 - 3rd Watch News - July 1st, 2020
- Cord Blood Bank Market is expected to double its Market Size in Upcoming Years | Cordlife, Cryo-cell, Neostem, Virgin Health Bank, LifeCell - Apsters... - July 1st, 2020
- Bio Bank Market 2020: Challenges, Growth, Types, Applications, Revenue, Insights, Growth Analysis, Competitive Landscape, Forecast- 2025 - Cole of... - July 1st, 2020
- Global Cord Blood Corporation Reports Financial Results for the Fourth Quarter and Full Year of Fiscal 2020 - Stockhouse - July 1st, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market Recent Developments and Growth Strategies Adopted by Top Key Players Worldwide and Assessment to 2020-2025 - Cole of Duty - June 21st, 2020
- Global Stem Cell Market Study and Forecast 2020-2025: Oncology Disorders Expected to Exhibit the Fastest Growth Rate - ResearchAndMarkets.com -... - June 21st, 2020