DGAP-News: Vita 34 AG / Key word(s): Annual Results30.03.2021 / 07:30 The issuer is solely responsible for the content of this announcement.
Vita 34 continues to grow in 2020 in core markets after good year-end business
Leipzig, 30 March 2021 - Vita 34 AG (ISIN: DE000A0BL849; WKN: A0BL84), one of the largest cell banks in Europe, closed the 2020 financial year slightly above previous year's level after a good fourth quarter. In the year-end business, the company succeeded in overcoming the pandemic-related weaker market environment in the core markets of the DACH region and generated sales increases again.
With revenues of EUR 20.1 million (2019: EUR 19.9 million), the company succeeded in the intended trend reversal in the third and fourth quarters after a weaker start to the year. This development still shows a clear development gap between the markets in the DACH region, which are developing positively again, and the markets in Southern Europe, which are still noticeably affected by the pandemic. However, the situation in these countries has also been improving since the turn of the year.
In the course of 2020, it became clearer from quarter to quarter that the investments made in recent years in digitizing the company's marketing and sales processes are increasingly paying off. Despite pandemic-related lock downs, it was thus possible to interest an increasing number of health-conscious customers in stem cell storage, although proven multipliers such as gynecologists and midwives were only able to maintain contact with their patients to a significantly lesser extent during COVID-19. "In the current environment, our high level of digitalization is an absolute asset for our company," explains Dr. Wolfgang Knirsch, CEO of Vita 34 AG. "This gives us better opportunities to establish intensive contact with customers and multipliers via intelligent targeting processes. This measurably increases the success of our marketing efforts and maximizes our sales opportunities."
Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) were down 1.6 percent overall year-on-year at EUR 5.3 million (2019: EUR 5.4 million). Adjusted for the consulting costs resulting from the takeover offer of AOC Health GmbH as well as the examination of a possible merger with PBKM in the amount of EUR 0.5 million, however, it even increased slightly on the basis of the purely operational development. "A takeover offer, the review of a merger and all costs directly related to this represent a special financial effect for our company," explains Falk Neukirch, CFO of Vita 34. "As we still expect significant costs in this context in 2021, we have decided to introduce an adjusted EBITDA from the current financial year. This should make it easier for our investors to better evaluate our actual operating performance." With further reduced administrative costs and even slightly increased marketing and selling expenses, the EBITDA margin amounted to 26.6 percent. Adjusted for the costs of the takeover bid, it was 29.1 percent.
Compared to the full-year guidance, which assumed a range of EUR 19 to 21 million for revenues and a range of EUR 4.8 to 5.8 million for EBITDA, 2020 revenues and EBITDA were correspondingly in the middle of the range. Measured in terms of adjusted EBITDA, i.e. the purely operational development of the company, the EBITDA forecast was even exceeded.
The key figures for business development are as follows:
* Prior-year figures adjusted. The adjustments are explained in the notes to the consolidated financial statements under 2.3.
At EUR 4.0 million, operating cash flow was around a third lower than in the previous year (2019: EUR 6.3 million). The main reasons for this are the increased demand since the second quarter of 2020 for annual payment contracts under the PUR pricing model, which involve lower upfront payments than under the conventional pricing model and thus increase working capital, as well as scheduled tax payments for prior periods. The increase in inventories to safeguard process stability during the pandemic had a minor impact on working capital. Cash and cash equivalents nevertheless increased further and, at EUR 10.4 million at the end of 2020, underline the Group's solid financial structure (31.12.2019: EUR 9.1 million).
The future and development projects, in particular the storage of immune cells from adult peripheral blood and the storage of fat cells for use in aesthetic medicine ("AdipoVita"), continue to develop according to plan. With the Institute for Radiopharmaceutical Cancer Research of the Helmholz Center in Dresden-Rossendorf (HZDR), a renowned project partner could be won for a research cooperation. Within the framework of the collaboration, the principal suitability of cryopreserved immune cell isolates for the production of immune cell therapeutics will initially be examined in preclinical scientific work. The influence of long-term storage of immune cell preparations on cell therapy quality will also be analyzed.
Against the backdrop of the positive business development, particularly in the second half of 2020, and the improving market environment, the Management Board considers the company's prospects for success to be very good. For the full year, the Management Board accordingly expects revenues of between EUR 20.3 and 22.3 million and adjusted EBITDA (reported EBITDA adjusted for negative special effects due to consulting costs as a result of a potential merger with PBKM) of between EUR 5.5 and 6.1 million.
The Management Board of Vita 34 AG will be available to interested investors, analysts and members of the press today at 1 p.m. for additional explanations on the business development within the framework of an open telephone conference. Registration for this takes place by e-mail via the Investor Relations departments (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Contact:Ingo MiddelmenneInvestor RelationsVita 34 AGTelefon: +49 (0341) 48792 - 0Mobil: +49 (0174) 9091190E-Mail: email@example.com
Company profileVita 34 was founded in 1997 in Leipzig and is today one of the leading cell banks in Europe. As Europe's first private cord blood bank and a pioneer in cell banking, the company has since offered collection logistics, processing and storage of stem cells from umbilical cord blood and tissue as a full-service provider for cryopreservation. Based on the expansion of the business model in 2019, Vita 34 also intends to offer the storage of immune cells from peripheral blood and stem cells from autologous fat in the future. Endogenous cells are a valuable starting material for medical cell therapy and are kept alive at temperatures around minus 200 degrees Celsius so that they can be used as part of a treatment if required. More than 247,000 customers from more than 20 countries have already provided for their family's health with a cell depot at Vita 34.
30.03.2021 Dissemination of a Corporate News, transmitted by DGAP - a service of EQS Group AG.The issuer is solely responsible for the content of this announcement.
The DGAP Distribution Services include Regulatory Announcements, Financial/Corporate News and Press Releases. Archive at http://www.dgap.de
Read more here:
- ThermoGenesis : The History of Cell and Gene Therapy - Marketscreener.com - April 14th, 2021
- Cord Blood Stem Cells Market 2021 Overview, Opportunities, In-Depth Analysis by 2027 : Becton, Dickinson and Company, DomaniCell, LLC, Future Health... - April 14th, 2021
- Umbilical Cord Blood (UCB) Stem Cell Market Booming CAGR +10% by 2028|| Osiris Therapeutics, Athersys, Opexa Therapeutics, NeoStem, Mesoblast Limited,... - April 14th, 2021
- Cord Blood Stem Cells Market 2021 Is Rapidly Increasing Worldwide in Near Future | Top Companies Analysis- Advanced Cell Technology, California Stem... - April 14th, 2021
- Cidara Therapeutics to Present at the 20th Annual Needham Virtual Healthcare Conference - April 8th, 2021
- Vincerx Pharma To Host Key Opinion Leader Webinar on Bioconjugation and CDK9 Inhibitors for the Treatment of Hematologic and Solid Tumors - April 8th, 2021
- Cabaletta Bio to Present at the 20th Annual Needham Healthcare Conference - April 8th, 2021
- Arch Oncology Appoints Laurence Blumberg, M.D. President and CEO - April 8th, 2021
- X4 Pharmaceuticals to Present at the 20th Annual Needham Virtual Healthcare Conference - April 8th, 2021
- Immutep Announces European Patent Grant For LAG525 Antibody In Combination Therapy - April 8th, 2021
- Cannalogue Expands Compassionate Care Program to Provide Lowest Medical Cannabis Price in Canada - April 8th, 2021
- Allena Pharmaceuticals Appoints Mark J. Fitzpatrick to its Board of Directors - April 8th, 2021
- Fortress Biotech to Participate in the 20th Annual Needham Virtual Healthcare Conference - April 8th, 2021
- Chinook Therapeutics Announces First Patient Dosed in Phase 2 AFFINITY Basket Study of Atrasentan in Proteinuric Glomerular Diseases - April 8th, 2021
- Rhythm Pharmaceuticals to Present at 20th Annual Needham Virtual Healthcare Conference - April 8th, 2021
- NKGen Biotech Announces Appointment of Philip Moody as Chief Financial Officer - April 8th, 2021
- CorMedix Inc. to Present at the 20th Annual Needham Virtual Healthcare Conference - April 8th, 2021
- Innovation Pharma Announces Brilacidin Abstract Accepted for Oral Presentation at the American Society for Virology’s Annual Meeting - April 8th, 2021
- AIM ImmunoTech Announces Positive Safety Data in First Cohort of Phase 1 Clinical Study Investigating Intranasal Administration of Ampligen as a... - April 8th, 2021
- Cullinan Oncology, Inc. to Participate in the 20th Annual Needham Virtual Healthcare Conference - April 8th, 2021
- Cord Blood Stem Cells Market 2021 Is Booming Across the Globe by Share, Size, Growth, Segments and Forecast to 2027 | Top Players Analysis- Advanced... - April 6th, 2021
- Cord Blood Stem Cells Market 2021 Will Reflect Significant Growth in Future with Size, Share, Growth, and Key Companies Analysis- Advanced Cell... - April 6th, 2021
- 25 Children with Autism Treated with Cord Blood: How Efficient is the Treatment? - Science Times - April 6th, 2021
- Latest Trending Report on Cord Blood Stem Cells Market by Advanced Cell Technology, California Stem Cell, Cytori Therapeutics, Mesoblast Limited,... - April 3rd, 2021
- The Governments Watchful Eye on Fraud Stemming from Stem Cell Therapy - JD Supra - April 3rd, 2021
- Hematopoietic Stem Cells Transplantation Market 2021 Analysis, Growth By Top Companies with Forecast 2025 : CBR Systems, ThermoGenesis, China Cord... - April 1st, 2021
- Why Hematopoietic Stem Cells Transplantation Market will be in Trend in Coming Period? Top Key Players- CBR Systems, China Cord Blood Corporation,... - April 1st, 2021
- Global Cell Isolation Market Sales Scenario of to Stay Positive Through 2026 KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - April 1st, 2021
- Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation (HSCT) Market 2021 Is Booming Across the Globe by Share, Size, Growth, Segments and Forecast to 2027 | Top... - April 1st, 2021
- Global Autologous Stem Cell Based Therapies Market Industry Size, Future Trends, Development Strategy, Growth Factors, Top Players, Historical... - March 30th, 2021
- Hematopoietic Stem Cells HSCs Market 2021 Will Reflect Significant Growth in Future with Size, Share, Growth, and Key Companies Analysis- Kite Pharma... - March 30th, 2021
- Biobanking Market | 2021 Global Industry Analysis by Covid-19 Impact On Healthcare Sector, Business with Forecast to 2027 The Bisouv Network - The... - March 30th, 2021
- Cord Blood Stem Cells Market to Witness Strong Growth Over 2021-2027 | Key Manufacturers Overview- Advanced Cell Technology, California Stem Cell,... - March 26th, 2021
- Stem Cell Assay Market Study Top Key Players, Application, Growth Analysis And Forecasts To 2016 2024 FLA News - FLA News - March 26th, 2021
- Inner Wheel Blayney held a cord blood fundraising event in the Community Centre - Blayney Chronicle - March 26th, 2021
- Research on Stem Cells Cryopreservation Equipments Market Key Data Points Necessary for Effective Strategies | Chart, Worthington Industries, Cesca... - March 26th, 2021
- Stem Cells Cryopreservation Equipments Market : Trends, Growth, Regions, Types and Key Developments, Applications By 2026 | Chart, Worthington... - March 26th, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy Market- What Are The Main Factors That Contributing Towards Industry Growth? The Bisouv Network - The Bisouv Network - March 24th, 2021
- Stem cells from umbilical cords might be the answer for severely ill COVID patients: Canadian researchers - National Post - March 24th, 2021
- Global Stem Cell Banking Market Projected to Gain Significant Value by 2021-2025 The Bisouv Network - The Bisouv Network - March 24th, 2021
- Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation Market to See Major Growth by 2026 | Gilead Sciences, Cesca Therapeutics, R&D Systems Investments Revolution... - March 22nd, 2021
- Umbilical Cord Blood Stem Cells - March 22nd, 2021
- Mouse embryos grow for days in culture, but the requirements are a bit nuts - Ars Technica - March 22nd, 2021
- Cell Transplant Market 2021 Will Reflect Significant Growth in Future with Size, Share, Growth, and Key Companies Analysis- Regen Biopharma, Global... - March 22nd, 2021
- [Full text] Early Detection of Negative Smoking Impacts: Vascular Adaptation Devia | VHRM - Dove Medical Press - March 22nd, 2021
- Global Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation (HSCT) Market Size by Top Key Players are including in this report: Regen Biopharma Inc, China Cord... - March 18th, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy Market expected to reach USD 16.51 Billion by 2025 with the CAGR of 8.5% FLA News - FLA News - March 18th, 2021
- Research on Stem Cells Cryopreservation Equipments Market 2021 : By Growing Rate, Type, Applications, Geographical Regions, and Forecast to 2026 KSU... - March 18th, 2021
- Father, daughter honored for their work supporting nonprofit - dayton.com - March 18th, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Size | Growth, Opportunities, Trends And Forecast To 2027 Cabell Standard - Cabell Standard - March 18th, 2021
- Global Cell Transplant Market 2020 Overview of Vital Industry Drivers | Top Players Regen Biopharma , Global Cord Blood Corporation , Escape... - March 18th, 2021
- This is not science fiction. Israeli researchers have grown an embryo outside the womb - Haaretz - March 18th, 2021
- Global Stem Cells Cryopreservation Equipments Industry Market 2021 Overview, Opportunities, In-Depth Analysis by 2027:Sichuan mountain vertical, Cesca... - March 18th, 2021
- One step closer to treating spinal cord injury with our own stem cells - Speaking of Research - March 17th, 2021
- Global Stem Cell Therapy Market to Reach $242.3 Million by 2027 - GlobeNewswire - March 17th, 2021
- Global Cord Stem Cell Banking Market Is Expected To Bring In USD 13.8 Billion By 2026 - PharmiWeb.com - March 17th, 2021
- Global Stem Cells Banking Market 2026 : Analyse the Industry Developments and Investment Decisions of Esperite, Neostem, Smart Cells International ... - March 17th, 2021
- Gamida Cell Presents Efficacy and Safety Results of Phase 3 Study of Omidubicel in Patients with Hematologic Malignancies at the 47th Annual Meeting... - March 17th, 2021
- Research Antibodies Market is Driven by Increasing Incidence of Chronic Diseases and Life-threatening Diseases KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - KSU |... - March 17th, 2021
- Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation (HSCT) Market Analysis, Growth, Emerging Trends, Opportunity and Forecast To 2027 FLA News - FLA News - March 17th, 2021
- Placental Stem Cell Therapy Market: Regenerative Ability to Develop into Other Types of Cells to Drive Global Market - BioSpace - March 13th, 2021
- Global Stem Cell Banking Market Comprehensive Study Explores Huge Growth Near in The Future||SMART CELLS PLUS, LifeCell International, Global Cord... - March 13th, 2021
- The Insight Partners's Detailed Report on Stem Cell Umbilical Cord Blood (UCB) Market Offers Projections of Potential Impact of Corona Virus Outbreak ... - March 11th, 2021
- Affimed Announces Presentations at the AACR Annual Meeting 2021 - GlobeNewswire - March 11th, 2021
- Cord Blood Stem Cells Market Trends 2021-2026 with Opportunities, Challenges and Companies' Profile Advanced Cell Technology, California Stem Cell,... - March 9th, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy Useful In The Treatment Of A Range Of Diseases - Nerd's Magazine - March 9th, 2021
- Cord Blood Stem Cells: An Overview | The Center for ... - March 7th, 2021
- Stem cells can give new life to ovaries and potentially restore fertility - Salon - March 7th, 2021
- Chromosomal translocation t(11;14) and p53 deletion induced by the CRISPR/Cas9 system in normal B cell-derived iPS cells - DocWire News - March 7th, 2021
- Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation (HSCT) Market 2021 Will Reflect Significant Growth in Future with Size, Share, Growth, and Key Companies... - March 5th, 2021
- Black people are three times less likely to find a bone marrow donor than white people - WLNS - March 5th, 2021
- Therapeutic Solutions International Spin-off Campbell Neurosciences Announces Umbilical Cord Derived Monocyte Immunotherapy Candidate for Suicide... - March 5th, 2021
- Global Hematopoietic Stem Cells Transplantation Market 2020 In-depth study, Size, Trends, Emerging Growth Factors and Regional Forecast to 2025 The... - March 5th, 2021
- Why Global Cord Blood Corporation Stock Is Jumping Today - Motley Fool - March 3rd, 2021
- NYCU shares lung therapy data with firms - - March 3rd, 2021
- Covid-19 Impact on Global Stem Cells Cryopreservation Equipments Market (2020-2025) | Potential growth, attractive valuation make it is a long-term... - March 3rd, 2021
- Autologous Stem Cell Based Therapies Market Analysis By Industry Value, Size, Top Companies And Growth Forecast To 2025 KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper... - March 3rd, 2021
- Global Cord Blood Corp.: Subscriber Growth Continues With 23% EPS CAGR And 25% FCF Yield - Seeking Alpha - March 3rd, 2021
- Overcoming chemotherapy resistance in leukemia with a diarrhea drug from Merck - FierceBiotech - March 3rd, 2021
- Global Cord Blood Banking Services Market 2021 | Growing Rapidly with Significant CAGR, Leading Players, Innovative Trends and Expected Revenue by... - February 21st, 2021