The market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 22. 1% from 2020 to 2027. Increasing demand for tumor modelling and biobanking, rising adoption of personalized drugs, and growing focus on developing alternatives for animal testing models are anticipated to drive the market.
New York, Feb. 23, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Reportlinker.com announces the release of the report "Organoids Market Forecast to 2027 - COVID-19 Impact and Global Analysis By Type ; Application ; Source, and Geography" - https://www.reportlinker.com/p06027557/?utm_source=GNW However, issues related to the incorporation of organoids into existing workflows and dearth of skilled professionals are likely to pose a negative impact on the market growth.Organoids are tiny, self-organized, three-dimensional tissue cultures that are derived from stem cells.Such cultures can be crafted to replicate much of the complexity of an organ, or to express selected aspects of it like producing only certain types of cells.
Organoids grow from stem cellscells that can divide indefinitely and produce different types of cells as part of their progeny. Organoids can range in size from less than the width of a hair to five millimeters.Organoids are microscopic and self-organizing 3D structures, which are grown from stem cells in vitro.They review various structural and functional characteristics of their in vivo counterpart organs.
This multipurpose technology has led to the development of several novel human cancer models.It is now possible to create indefinitely expanding organoids starting from the tumor tissue of individuals suffering from a range of carcinomas.
Alternatively, CRISPR-based gene modification allows the engineering of organoid models of cancer by introducing any combination of cancer gene alterations to normal organoids.Tumor organoids, when combined with immune cells and fibroblasts, become a model for the cancer microenvironment enabling immune-oncology applications.
Also, recent studies have proved that organoids have a place in personalized medicine approaches.The constant progress in organoid technology has paved the way for tumors and patient-centric 3D cultures of cells isolated from tumor biopsies.Over the past few decades, organoids have been generated from diverse human cancers, related to breast, colon, pancreas, prostate, bladder, and liver.
Studies involving these models are increasing knowledge of the etiology and features of these malignancies.Due to constant advancements, in the current scenario, tumoroid lines are increasingly being passed in vitro, which opens up new paths for a range of downstream applications.
Moreover, 3D-based cultures offer added advantages over the conventional 2D cancer-derived cell lines.Further, research and development activities have specified that tumoroid culturing is highly effective in allowing the collection of various cancer subtypes from a large pool of patients.
As organoids can be easily derived and expanded from single cancer cells, the adoption of organoids to mimic intratumor diversification in culture is increasing, which, in turn, is projected to propel the global organoids market during the forecast period.Type InsightsBased on type, the global organoids market is segmented into stomach, intestine, liver, pancreas, lung, brain, kidney, and others.In 2019, the intestine segment held the largest market share.
This segment is also expected to dominate the market in 2027 as various experimental techniques have also been developed in parallel with, and applied to, intestinal organoid cultures with a scientifically synergistic effect. Moreover, the kidney segment is anticipated to grow at the fastest rate during the forecast period.
Application InsightsBased on application, the global organoids market is segmented into developmental biology, disease pathology of infectious disease, regenerative medicine, drug toxicity and efficacy testing, drug discovery and personalized medicine, and others.In 2019, the developmental biology segment held the largest market share in the organoids market.
This segment is also expected to dominate the market by 2027 as it is considered a primary investigative research tool of the human developmental biology. Moreover, organoids derived from embryonic stem cells offer complete understanding of the embryonic process development and insights on development of the stem cells.
Source InsightsIn terms of source, the global organoids market is segmented into pluripotent stem cells and organ-specific adult stem cells.In 2019, the pluripotent stem cells segment held the largest market share.
This segment is also expected to dominate the market during the forecast period as induced pluripotent stem cells are considered an important resource for regenerative medicine to replace diseased or damaged tissues. Moreover, induced pluripotent stem cells have numerous biomedical applications in basic research, drug screening, toxicological studies, disease modeling, and cell therapy.Major primary and secondary sources included in the report are STEMCELL Technologies, Inc.; Cellesce Ltd.; Hubrecht Organoid Technology; Definigen; 3Dnamics, Inc.; Organoid Therapeutics; PeproTech, Inc.; Thermo Fisher Scientific; Corning Incorporated (Life Sciences); and Merck KGgA.Read the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p06027557/?utm_source=GNW
About ReportlinkerReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
- Overview of stem cells therapy in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis - DocWire News - February 27th, 2021
- Cord Blood Banking Leader Cryo-Cell International Enters Into An Exclusive License Agreement with Duke University - GlobeNewswire - February 27th, 2021
- Microchip can help scientists study the regenerative potential of mice heart cells - News-Medical.Net - February 27th, 2021
- GMP Cytokines Market Forecast to 2027 - COVID-19 Impact and Global Analysis By Type, and Application, and Geography - GlobeNewswire - February 27th, 2021
- Spinal Cord Injuries Repaired In Patients Using Their Own Stem Cells In Preliminary Trial - IFLScience - February 27th, 2021
- Uncovering Secrets of Heart Regeneration in Baby Mice - Technology Networks - February 27th, 2021
- Researchers identify cells responsible for maintenance and regeneration of liver - News-Medical.Net - February 27th, 2021
- Global $79.23 Bn Regenerative Medicine Markets, Analysis 2015-2019 & Forecasts 2020-2026 - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - February 27th, 2021
- Relapsed/Refractory DLBCL Undergoes Rapid Evolution With CAR T-Cell Therapy, ADCs, and Bispecific Antibodies - OncLive - February 27th, 2021
- Proliferation tracing reveals regional hepatocyte generation in liver homeostasis and repair - Science Magazine - February 27th, 2021
- A Canadian success story: world-first to treat Fabry disease with gene therapy - Newswise - February 27th, 2021
- The global cell therapy market is expected to reach US$ 12,563.23 million by 2027 from US$ 7,260.50 million in 2019 - Yahoo Sports - February 23rd, 2021
- GMP Cytokines Market Forecast to 2027 - COVID-19 Impact and Global Analysis By Type, and Application, and Geography - Yahoo Sports - February 23rd, 2021
- Therapeutic Solutions International Uses StemVacs Platform to Generate Personalized Adoptive T Cell Therapy Targeting Cancer Stem Cells - PRNewswire - February 23rd, 2021
- First experience of the use of a generic of plerixafor in peripheral blood stem cell mobilization in multiple myeloma and lymphoma patients - DocWire... - February 23rd, 2021
- Coya Therapeutics Announces Formation of Scientific Advisory Board - GlobeNewswire - February 23rd, 2021
- Outlook on the Cell Therapy Biomanufacturing Global Market to 2025 - by Product Type, Application and Region - GlobeNewswire - February 23rd, 2021
- Anthony Nolan Cell & Gene Therapy Services and ONK Therapeutics Announce Collaboration - BioSpace - February 23rd, 2021
- Incyte Announces Acceptance and Priority Review of sNDA for Jakafi (ruxolitinib) as a Treatment for Patients with Chronic Graft-Versus-Host Disease -... - February 23rd, 2021
- In B-Cell NHL, Off-the-Shelf NK Immunotherapy Shows Promise When Used With Chemotherapy and ASCT - Cancer Network - February 23rd, 2021
- Global Cell Therapy Biomanufacturing Market (2020 to 2025) - Featuring Lonza Group, Merck & Novartis Among Others - ResearchAndMarkets.com -... - February 21st, 2021
- Meet the women hoping to recruit more stem cells donors from Black communities - CTV News - February 19th, 2021
- Stem Cell Banking Market Report 2021 | Growth and Opportunities Analysis - BioSpace - February 19th, 2021
- The Untapped Potential of Cell and Gene Therapy - AJMC.com Managed Markets Network - February 19th, 2021
- Mouth Sores from Chemo: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatments - Healthline - February 19th, 2021
- World Regenerative Medicine Market Outlook to 2030, by Product, Material and Application - PRNewswire - February 19th, 2021
- Cholangiocyte organoids can repair bile ducts after transplantation in the human liver - Science - February 19th, 2021
- CAR T-Cell Therapy Carves Out a Role in Multiple Myeloma - OncLive - February 19th, 2021
- Recombinant Growth Factors to Account for Over 45% of Overall Demand through 2031: Persistence Market Research - PRNewswire - February 19th, 2021
- Off-the-Shelf NK Immunotherapy With Chemotherapy and Transplant Shows Early Activity in B-Cell NHL - OncLive - February 19th, 2021
- EMA: Lentiviral thalassemia treatment on hold pending cancer investigation - Regulatory Focus - February 19th, 2021
- Novartis, Gates Foundation pursue a simpler gene therapy for sickle cell - STAT - February 19th, 2021
- Research Associate in Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine job with KINGS COLLEGE LONDON | 246711 - Times Higher Education (THE) - February 17th, 2021
- Takeda announces expansion of stem cell therapy production facility in Ireland - Gov.ie - February 17th, 2021
- Braunschweig Makes the Case for Earlier Use of CAR T-Cell Therapy in DLBCL - OncLive - February 17th, 2021
- Off-the-Shelf NK Immunotherapy Is Safe and Promising in B-Cell NHL With Chemotherapy and Transplant - Targeted Oncology - February 17th, 2021
- Lineage to Host Virtual OPC1 Investor & Analyst Day on February 22, 2021 - Business Wire - February 17th, 2021
- Global Opportunity Analysis in the Regenerative Medicine Market to 2030 - A $172.17 Billion Market by 2030 - GlobeNewswire - February 17th, 2021
- Discovery for turning on cell repair in tissues and organs - Monash University - February 17th, 2021
- AI project to power the future of stem cell manufacturing - TechCentral.ie - February 17th, 2021
- Creative Medical Technology Holdings Files Patent on Prevention of Organ Transplant Rejection using ImmCelz - PRNewswire - February 17th, 2021
- From organoids to cell painting: Investigate 3D and complex biology using advanced methods in high-content cellular imaging and analysis - Drug Target... - February 17th, 2021
- CRISPR Therapeutics Provides Business Update and Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2020 Financial Results - GlobeNewswire - February 17th, 2021
- Smart Stem Cells Made From Fat Have the Power to Heal - Freethink - February 14th, 2021
- Researchers discover factor that triggers muscle stem cells to heal - Drug Target Review - February 12th, 2021
- Stem cell study illuminates the cause of an inherited heart disorder | Penn Today - Penn Today - February 12th, 2021
- Neurons from patient blood cells enable researchers to test treatments for genetic brain disease - Brown University - February 12th, 2021
- Florida boy battling cancer in need of blood stem cell donor - ABC Action News - February 12th, 2021
- New research aims to explore functions of bile acids in the gut stem cell niche - News-Medical.Net - February 12th, 2021
- Therapeutic Solutions International Acquires Stem Cell Therapy That Successfully Completed FDA Double Blind Placebo Controlled Efficacy Study for Lung... - February 12th, 2021
- Types of leukemia: Prevalence, treatment options, and prognosis - Medical News Today - February 12th, 2021
- Novel finding could lead to better treatments for Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes - News-Medical.Net - February 12th, 2021
- Jasper Therapeutics Announces Launch of New Clinical Trial with National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute to Evaluate JSP191 in Sickle Cell Disease -... - February 12th, 2021
- Notch Therapeutics Closes $85 Million Series A Financing to Develop Pipeline of Renewable Stem Cell-Derived Cancer Immunotherapies - PRNewswire - February 12th, 2021
- Researchers discover a recipe for cyclical regeneration of bioengineered hair - News-Medical.net - February 12th, 2021
- Ensoma Launches to Pioneer Next-Generation In Vivo Approach to Deliver First Off-the-shelf Genomic Medicines - Business Wire - February 12th, 2021
- Apamistamab Conditioning Treatment Induces High Rates of HCT Success in AML - OncLive - February 12th, 2021
- AlloVir Research Presented at the 2021 Transplantation & Cellular Therapy Meeting Digital Experience - Business Wire - February 12th, 2021
- Stem cell therapy treatment introduced in Pakistan - The Nation - February 8th, 2021
- Regenerative Medicine Market to be Valued at USD 6.49 Billion by 2027 | The Escalating Burden of Chronic Diseases and Genetic Aberrations will be the... - February 5th, 2021
- Stem cells' efficacy confirmed in treating ototoxic hearing loss - Korea Biomedical Review - February 5th, 2021
- iSpecimen expands offerings to support regenerative medicine, adding cryopreserved stem and immune cells to existing biospecimens available through... - February 3rd, 2021
- Ibrutinib-Based Regimen Safe and Effective in R/R Primary CNS Lymphoma, Early Results Show - Targeted Oncology - February 2nd, 2021
- MRD Could Prove to Be a Valuable Tool in Multiple Myeloma - OncLive - February 2nd, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Size to Reach USD 5,040 Million by 2028 | Rising Public-Private Investments and Developing Regulatory Framework for Stem Cell... - January 31st, 2021
- Stem cell and allergy clinics receive CBER untitled letters - Regulatory Focus - January 31st, 2021
- ProgenCell - Stem Cell Therapies offers an updated Stem Cell Therapy for Anti Aging Protocol - PR Web - January 31st, 2021
- Exacis Biotherapeutics Announces Key Addition To Its Executive Leadership Team With Dirk Huebner MD Joining As Chief Medical Officer - PRNewswire - January 31st, 2021
- Athersys to Host a Virtual Investor Day - Business Wire - January 31st, 2021
- Medicine by Design researchers focus on promoting self-repair of the brain - News@UofT - January 31st, 2021
- A 73-Year-Old Male With Mantle Cell Lymphoma - Targeted Oncology - January 31st, 2021
- Caladrius Biosciences Treats First Patient in the Phase 2b FREEDOM Trial of CLBS16 for the Treatment of Coronary Microvascular Dysfunction - Cath Lab... - January 31st, 2021
- Elevian Targets Aging to Solve Humanity's Toughest Diseases - BioSpace - January 31st, 2021
- Protein identified that may help treat Parkinsons disease - Medical News Today - January 31st, 2021
- Researchers from U of T, UBC focus on promoting self-repair of the brain - News@UofT - January 28th, 2021
- Valentina Greco Receives the 2021 ISSCR Momentum Award < Yale School of Medicine - Yale School of Medicine - January 28th, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy Market 2021: Global Key Players, Trends, Share, Industry Size, Segmentation, Forecast To 2027 KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - KSU |... - January 28th, 2021
- Stem Cell Recruitment Therapy Registration Awarded by US Patent & Trademark Office for Russell Health - PRNewswire - January 28th, 2021
- Cell and Gene Therapy Firms Gear up to Revolutionize Manufacturing - Labiotech.eu - January 28th, 2021
- Vertex Announces FDA Clearance of Investigational New Drug (IND) Application for VX-880, a Novel Cell Therapy for the Treatment of Type 1 Diabetes... - January 28th, 2021