Jen Psaki clashed with a Fox News reporter when he questioned why Joe Biden still referred to Covid-19 as a pandemic of the unvaccinated.
The White House press secretary pounded Pete Doocy with virus statistics after he highlighted the large number of vaccinated Americans suffering breakthrough infections.
It was Mr Doocys first press briefing back after he suffered a breakthrough infection himself.
I understand that the science says that vaccines prevent death, said Mr Doocy.
But Im triple-vaxxed, still got Covid. Youre triple-vaxxed, still got Covid. Why is the president still referring to this as a pandemic of the unvaccinated?
Ms Psaki reminded Mr Doocy that she had only suffered minor symptoms after getting Covid-19 following vaccination.
There is a huge difference between that and being unvaccinated, she said bluntly.
You are 17 times more likely to go to the hospital if youre not vaccinated, 20 times more likely to die.
So yes, the impact for people who are unvaccinated is far more dire than for those who are vaccinated.
Mr Doocys questioning of Ms Psaki came just days after his own father, Steve Doocy of Fox & Friends, explained he viewed the vaccine like a bullet-proof vest.
He said on Fox News that while the vest may not stop a bullet from hitting the person wearing it, it wont let the bullet kill you.
The United States has now seen more than 60.2m Covid cases during the pandemic, and 836,000 deaths.
With the Omicron variant still surging in the US, the daily average of Covid-19 hospitalisations for the week ending January 4 was 16,458, says the CDC.
Originally posted here:
- Mesenchymal Stem Cells Market Research Report by Type, by Indication, by Source of Isolation, by Application, by Region - Global Forecast to 2027 -... - January 13th, 2022
- Using lab-grown stomachs to shed light on the symptoms of COVID-19 - News-Medical.Net - January 13th, 2022
- Induction of robust cellular and humoral immunity against SARS-CoV-2 after a third dose of BNT162b2 vaccine in previously unresponsive older adults -... - January 13th, 2022
- Century Therapeutics to Present at the 40th Annual JP Morgan Healthcare Conference - MyChesCo - January 13th, 2022
- BioRestorative Therapies Announces the Appointment of Robert Paccasassi to Vice President of Quality Assurance/Regulatory Compliance - Stockhouse - January 13th, 2022
- Cutler Reviews the Role of Ruxolitinib in Patients With Acute GVHD - Targeted Oncology - January 11th, 2022
- Magenta Therapeutics Highlights Recent Pipeline Progress and Milestone Expectations for 2022 - BioSpace - January 11th, 2022
- New Insights Into Lung Damage And Repair Relevant To Covid-19 - Forbes - January 11th, 2022
- Dead Cells: The Queen And The Sea DLC review - water ending - Metro.co.uk - January 11th, 2022
- Sickle Cell Anemia Update: Gene Therapy Reverses Pain Events for Years - Clinical Advisor - January 5th, 2022
- UAB researchers may have discovered a gene therapy treatment for sickle cell disease - Birmingham Business Journal - Birmingham Business Journal - January 5th, 2022
- Low iron saturation: Symptoms, treatment, and more - Medical News Today - January 5th, 2022
- Researchers compare survival rates of AML patients treated with two forms of transplantation methods - News-Medical.Net - January 5th, 2022
- Researchers discover how the sponginess of stem cell nuclei controls cell differentiation - News-Medical.net - January 3rd, 2022
- Here's 7 things the International Space Station taught us in 2021 - Space.com - December 31st, 2021
- Autologous Adult Stem Cells in the Treatment of Stroke | SCCAA - Dove Medical Press - December 31st, 2021
- Are the Brain Cells in a Dish That Learned Pong Conscious? - Walter Bradley Center for Natural and Artificial Intelligence - December 31st, 2021
- Therapeutic Solutions International Successfully Treats No Option Patients with its JadiCell Stem Cell Therapy While Advancing Preparations for Phase... - December 31st, 2021
- Results of a multicenter phase I/II trial of TCR and CD19-depleted haploidentical hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for adult and pediatric... - December 26th, 2021
- Adaptation Is Key to Advancing Care for Adult Patients With Leukemia - OncLive - December 25th, 2021
- Creative Bioarray Provides Reliable and Consistent FBS Products to Facilitate the Research of Cell Culture - Digital Journal - December 25th, 2021
- New clinical trials from University Hospitals Seidman Cancer Center to begin with human protein following successful on-site approach to producing and... - December 21st, 2021
- Good from Bad: Turning the Tables | Good from Bad: Turning the Tables - Patheos - December 21st, 2021
- BioRestorative Therapies, Inc. Releases Year-End Message - GlobeNewswire - December 21st, 2021
- Century Therapeutics Added to the NASDAQ Biotechnology Index - Stockhouse - December 21st, 2021
- Stem cell agency: Following the money - and its performance - Capitol Weekly - December 19th, 2021
- Adult mouse and human organoids derived from thyroid follicular cells and modeling of Graves' hyperthyroidism - pnas.org - December 19th, 2021
- Scientists discover why humans have larger brains than apes - Study Finds - December 19th, 2021
- CAR T-Cell Therapy Indications Grow Significantly in 2021 - Targeted Oncology - December 19th, 2021
- Daiichi Sankyo Authorizes the First YESCARTA (Axicabtagene Ciloleucel) CAR T-cell Therapy Treatment Site in Japan - Business Wire - December 19th, 2021
- ESSENT BIOLOGICS AND AMNION FOUNDATION PARTNER TO PROVIDE GERMINAL-ORIGIN CELLS TO FURTHER DRUG DISCOVERY AND REGENERATIVE MEDICINE RESEARCH - Yahoo... - December 15th, 2021
- Build Blood Better: New cell line is capable of giving rise to red blood cells outside the body - EurekAlert - December 15th, 2021
- Favorable Efficacy and Safety Profiles Seen With YTB323 in Relapsed/Refractory DLBCL - Cancer Network - December 15th, 2021
- BrainStorm Cell Therapeutics Announces peer reviewed publication of NurOwn's Phase 3 Study for ALS in Muscle and Nerve - marketscreener.com - December 15th, 2021
- No Improvement in EFS for Aggressive B-cell NHL Noted With Second-line Tisagenlecleucel - Cancer Network - December 15th, 2021
- Ash 2021 why Breyanzi and Yescarta might refresh the parts Kymriah cannot reach - Vantage - December 15th, 2021
- -Thalassemia Patients Go Transfusion-Free With Gene Therapy - MedPage Today - December 15th, 2021
- CAR T-Cell Win Streak Stopped by Negative Trial in Aggressive LBCL - MedPage Today - December 15th, 2021
- Rejuveron Increases to Near-majority Stake in Endogena Through Funding $20m to Progress Treatments for Degenerative Diseases of the Eye - PRNewswire - December 15th, 2021
- Kymriah May Be Safe and Effective in Children and Young Adults With Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia Subtype - Curetoday.com - December 12th, 2021
- BrainStorm Cell Therapeutics and Catalent Announce Completion of Technology Transfer for NurOwn Manufacturing - StreetInsider.com - December 12th, 2021
- Studies Highlight Novel Approaches to Screening for and Treating Blood Disorders - PRNewswire - December 12th, 2021
- Graphite Bio Presents Overview of Phase 1/2 CEDAR Trial Evaluating Investigational Gene Editing Therapy GPH101 in Sickle Cell Disease at 63rd ASH... - December 12th, 2021
- BrainStorm Cell Therapeutics and Catalent Announce Completion of Technology Transfer for NurOwn Manufacturing - PRNewswire - December 9th, 2021
- Representation learning of RNA velocity reveals robust cell transitions - pnas.org - December 7th, 2021
- FDA Approves Merck's KEYTRUDA (pembrolizumab) as Adjuvant Treatment for Adult and Pediatric (12 Years of Age) Patients With Stage IIB or IIC Melanoma... - December 4th, 2021
- Stem cell therapy to treat brittle bone disease - Open Access Government - December 3rd, 2021
- Outlook on the Adult Stem Cells Market to 2026 by Application, End-user and Geography - Northwest Diamond Notes - December 3rd, 2021
- BrainStorm Cell Therapeutics to Present New Biomarker Data on NurOwn at the International Symposium on ALS/MND - PRNewswire - December 3rd, 2021
- Mini-stomach organoids could be used to study how SARS-CoV-2 infection affects children - News-Medical.net - December 3rd, 2021
- Cell Therapy Markets, 2030 - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - November 27th, 2021
- NetScientific backs bone-regrowth innovator with US$1mln follow-on investment - Proactive Investors UK - November 27th, 2021
- Lymphocytosis: Definition, symptoms, and causes - Medical News Today - November 27th, 2021
- Beware of 'restorative' therapies for ED - Pampa News - November 22nd, 2021
- Celligenics starts small, but aims to grow big in everything it does - The Business Times - November 22nd, 2021
- Quizartinib Added to Chemotherapy Demonstrates Superior Overall Survival Compared to Chemotherapy Alone in Adult Patients with Newly Diagnosed... - November 21st, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy for Heart Failure Reduced Major Cardiac Events and Death - Diagnostic and Interventional Cardiology - November 21st, 2021
- Lifelong Dearborn Co. Resident Receives Stem Cell Transplant Through Be The Match Program - Eagle 99.3 FM WSCH - November 18th, 2021
- Global Roundup: Galapagos NV Wins European Approval for Ulcerative Colitis Therapy - BioSpace - November 18th, 2021
- Univ of Allahabad Scientists Inch Closer To Interpreting the Stem Cell Code - The Wire Science - November 15th, 2021
- Pfizer, Moderna COVID-19 Vaccines Less Effective in Immunocompromised People, But Help Avoid Hospitalization - Breastcancer.org - November 15th, 2021
- Covid-19 can impact the inner ear cells, affect hearing: Study - Hindustan Times - November 15th, 2021
- What are Stem Cells? Types of Stem Cell and their Uses - November 13th, 2021
- Intestinal Stem Cells - November 13th, 2021
- U.S. FDA Approves BESREMi (ropeginterferon alfa-2b-njft) as the Only Interferon for Adults With Polycythemia Vera - Business Wire - November 13th, 2021
- Mesenchymal Stem Cells in the Treatment of Severe COVID-19 | SCCAA - Dove Medical Press - November 9th, 2021
- Stem Cell Basics - A Closer Look at Stem Cells - November 9th, 2021
- Advancing the Understanding of hPSC-CM Biology With Multiomics - Technology Networks - November 9th, 2021
- Tracking the progression of liver disease in a dish - Scope - November 9th, 2021
- Cell division in the shoot apical meristem is a trigger for miR156 decline and vegetative phase transition in Arabidopsis - pnas.org - November 9th, 2021
- Probiotics Market to Experience Significant Growth during the Forecast Period 2021-2028 Bolivar Commercial - Bolivar Commercial - November 7th, 2021
- Best Stem Cell Therapy Center | Stem Cell Treatment In ... - November 3rd, 2021
- Stem Cell Quick Reference - University of Utah - November 3rd, 2021
- Biochemical cascade - Wikipedia - November 3rd, 2021
- Mesenchymal stem cells: Cell therapy and regeneration ... - November 3rd, 2021
- Researcher awarded $12 million for a stem cell trial to improve outcomes of young blood cancer patients - Stanford Medical Center Report - November 3rd, 2021
- T-cell lymphoma: Symptoms, pictures, and treatment - Medical News Today - October 30th, 2021
- The popes U.S. visit in 2015 was a powerful moment for Biden. - The New York Times - October 30th, 2021
- Researchers Discover the Role the Gene SATB2 Plays in the Colon Lining - Weill Cornell Medicine Newsroom - October 28th, 2021
- San Diego research centers receive $15 million to train next generation of scientists - Three San Diego research institutions have been awarded nearly... - October 28th, 2021