SAN DIEGO, Aug. 31, 2021 /PRNewswire/ --Poseida Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ:PSTX), a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company utilizing proprietary genetic engineering platform technologies to create cell and gene therapeutics with the capacity to cure, today announced preliminary results from its Phase 1 clinical trial of P-PSMA-101, the Company's solid tumor autologous CAR-T product candidate to treat patients with metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC). These data will be presented at the 6th Annual CAR-TCR Summit virtual meeting at 10:00am ET today in a presentation entitled, "P-PSMA-101 is a High-Tscm Autologous CAR-T Targeting PSMA Producing Exceptionally Deep and Durable Responses in Castration-Resistant Metastatic Prostate Cancer."
"We are excited about the preliminary data from our Phase 1 trial of P-PSMA-101, which provides further evidence of the effectiveness of our CAR-T platform for solid tumor cancers," said Eric Ostertag, M.D., Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer of Poseida, who will present at the CAR-TCR Summit. "To date, other CAR-T therapeutics have not had much success outside of hematologic malignancies. The deep and durable responses in our trial demonstrate that CAR-T products have the potential to work well against solid tumors, even at low doses, when using the appropriate technology platform."
As of the cutoff date, the study had enrolled a total of nine patients with mCRPC: five patients at Dose A who each received a single treatment of 0.25X10E6 cells/kg (an average of about 20M cells), and four patients at Dose B, who each received a single treatment of 0.75X10E6 cells/kg (an average of about 60M cells). All patients received a lymphodepletion regimen consisting of 30 mg/m2 fludarabine + 300 mg/m2 cyclophosphamide. Patients were heavily pre-treated, having received an average of six prior lines of therapy with a median time since diagnosis of 6.4 years.
Key findings included:
-Five patients dosed showed measurable declines in PSA levels-Three patients treated showed a greater than 50% decline in PSA levels and had concordant improvements in PSMA-PET imaging-One patient demonstrated evidence of complete tumor elimination and remains in a durable response of greater than five months at the time of this presentation
"This innovative Poseida PSMA-directed CAR T cell platform has demonstrated a robust anti-tumor response in patients with metastatic castration resistant prostate cancer," commented Susan F. Slovin, M.D., Ph.D., Associate Vice Chair of Academic Administration at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and investigator on the trial. "This is the first time that I have seen such impressive responses with an immunotherapy product. The responses of my patients in the trial are far beyond my expectations."
Safety and Tolerability:
P-PSMA-101 demonstrated a favorable safety and tolerability profile. After a previously reported case of Macrophage Activation Syndrome (MAS) exacerbated by patient non-compliance, only three cases of possible Cytokine Release Syndrome (CRS) were observed, which were all low grade (1/2) and were managed well with early treatment. No cases of neurotoxicity (CRES/ICANS) were observed as of the cutoff date.
The Phase 1 trial is an open label, multi-center, 3+3 dose-escalating study designed to assess the safety of P-PSMA-101 in up to 40 adult subjects with mCRPC. The primary objectives of this study are to determine the safety, efficacy, and maximum tolerated dose of P-PSMA-101. Additional information about the study is available at http://www.clinicaltrials.gov using identifier: NCT04249947.
"We believe the key to success in solid tumors is a product with a high percentage of desirable stem cell memory T cells (Tscm)," said Matthew Spear, M.D., Chief Medical Officer of Poseida. "In this study, we have demonstrated that a high-percentage Tscm CAR-T product can home to the bone marrow and, in at least one case, completely eliminate tumor. This bone marrow homing property may be particularly important for bone avid diseases such as prostate adenocarcinoma. Importantly, the favorable tolerability associated with our Tscm CAR-T products has carried over to prostate cancer where we have so far seen manageable cytokine release syndrome and no neurotoxicity."
Company-Hosted Conference Call and Webcast Information
Poseida's management team will host a conference call and webcast today, August 31, 2021 at 11:00am ET. The dial-in conference call numbers for domestic and international callers are (866) 939-3921 and (678) 302-3550, respectively. The conference ID number for the call is 50220147. Participants may access the live webcast and the accompanying presentation materials on Poseida's website at http://www.poseida.com in the Investors section under Events and Presentations. An archived replay of the webcast will be available for 30 days following the event.
Additional CAR-TCR Summit Highlights
Presentation: "Developing CAR-T Cells for Multiple Myeloma: From Autologous to Allogeneic"Session Date/Time: Wednesday, September 1, 2021, 4:00pm ETPresenter: Matthew Spear, M.D., CMO, Poseida Therapeutics
This presentation will outline Phase 1 and 2 development of the Company's lead autologous P-BCMA-101 CAR-T therapy and insights that were used to develop a fully allogeneic version, P-BCMA-ALLO1 that is expected to enter the clinic soon. The presentation will be part of the afternoon session on the Clinical Management Track.
Presentation: "Advancing Nonviral Manufacturing for Multi-Product Allogeneic T-Cell Therapies"Session Date/Time: Wednesday, September 1, 2021, 4:30pm ETPresenter: Devon Shedlock, Ph.D., SVP Research & Development, Poseida Therapeutics
This presentation will discuss how Poseida's piggyBac DNA Delivery System, Cas-CLOVER Site-specific Gene Editing System and Booster Molecule are used to manufacture multi-product, fully allogeneic T-cell therapies. The Company will also discuss how efficient multiplexed Cas-CLOVER gene editing exhibits low to no off-target editing or translocations as determined by next-generation sequencing, and how the Company's Booster Molecule helps to protect against the "allo tax," maintaining a favorable high-stem cell memory T cell (Tscm) product and enabling up to hundreds of doses in a single manufacturing run. This presentation will be part of the afternoon session on the Manufacturing Track.
Presentation: "Developing 'Off-the-Shelf' CAR-T Cells for Bone Marrow Transplant Conditioning"Session Date/Time: Thursday, September 2, 2021, 9:00am ETPresenter: Nina Timberlake, Ph.D., Associate Director, Research (Gene Therapy), Poseida Therapeutics
This presentation will discuss leveraging the piggyBac DNA Delivery System and Cas-CLOVER Site-specific Gene Editing System to generate off-the-shelf fully allogeneic CAR-T cells to specifically target hematopoietic cells in the bone marrow. This potential therapeutic could be used as a non-myeloablative conditioning regimen for hematopoietic stem cell transplant or as a therapeutic for the treatment of acute myeloid leukemia (AML). The presentation will occur as part of the conference's Focus Day, "CAR-TCR Beyond Oncology: Fundamental Biology & Mechanisms of Action Beyond Oncology."
The full presentations at the CAR-TCR Summit will be made available on Poseida's website at their respective session times.
About Poseida Therapeutics, Inc.
Poseida Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to utilizing our proprietary genetic engineering platform technologies to create next generation cell and gene therapeutics with the capacity to cure. We have discovered and are developing a broad portfolio of product candidates in a variety of indications based on our core proprietary platforms, including our non-viral piggyBac DNA Delivery System, Cas-CLOVER Site-specific Gene Editing System and nanoparticle- and AAV-based gene delivery technologies. Our core platform technologies have utility, either alone or in combination, across many cell and gene therapeutic modalities and enable us to engineer our wholly-owned portfolio of product candidates that are designed to overcome the primary limitations of current generation cell and gene therapeutics. To learn more, visit http://www.poseida.com to connect with us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Statements contained in this press release regarding matters that are not historical facts are "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements include statements regarding, among other things, the potential benefits of Poseida's technology platforms and product candidates, Poseida's plans and strategy with respect to developing its technologies and product candidates, and anticipated timelines and milestones with respect to Poseida's development programs. Because such statements are subject to risks and uncertainties, actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are based upon Poseida's current expectations and involve assumptions that may never materialize or may prove to be incorrect. Actual results could differ materially from those anticipated in such forward-looking statements as a result of various risks and uncertainties, which include, without limitation, risks and uncertainties associated with development and regulatory approval of novel product candidates in the biopharmaceutical industry and the other risks described in Poseida's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. All forward-looking statements contained in this press release speak only as of the date on which they were made. Poseida undertakes no obligation to update such statements to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date on which they were made, except as required by law.
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/poseida-therapeutics-presents-preliminary-results-from-phase-1-trial-of-p-psma-101-at-the-6th-annual-car-tcr-summit-301365692.html
SOURCE Poseida Therapeutics, Inc.
Here is the original post:
- All hopes to save the northern white rhinos now rest on a single female - ZME Science - October 23rd, 2021
- AVROBIO Reports New Interim Safety Data Across Investigational Gene Therapies for Fabry and Gaucher Disease Type 1 - StreetInsider.com - October 21st, 2021
- CDMO: The Rise of End-to-End Services - Marketscreener.com - October 21st, 2021
- MeiraGTx Announces the Presentation of Two Novel Inherited - GlobeNewswire - October 21st, 2021
- Current status of drug repositioning in hematology - DocWire News - October 19th, 2021
- Is Fresh Breast Milk Better for Preemies Than Pumped and Stored? - UMass News and Media Relations - October 19th, 2021
- Vertex Announces Positive Day 90 Data for the First Patient in the Phase 1/2 Clinical Trial Dosed With VX-880, a Novel Investigational Stem... - October 19th, 2021
- Headband Could Beat Insomnia By Zapping The Brain While Sufferers Wear It For 20 Minutes At Bedtime - - Todayuknews - October 19th, 2021
- BioLineRx Announces Positive Results from Pharmacoeconomic Study Positioning Motixafortide as Potential Standard of Care in Stem Cell Mobilization -... - October 17th, 2021
- Misinformation on stem cell treatments for COVID-19 linked to overhyped science, researchers argue - EurekAlert - October 17th, 2021
- FDA Approves Genentech's Tecentriq as Adjuvant Treatment for Certain People With Early Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer - BioSpace - October 17th, 2021
- Nic Chapman: my MS battle and the treatment that's given me hope - The Times - October 17th, 2021
- Dream Body Clinic Stem Cell Therapy Stem Cells HGH - October 13th, 2021
- Hematopoietic Stem Cells - October 13th, 2021
- 3D printing: Healthcare insiders' view on the tech - Verdict - October 13th, 2021
- Top 10 Best Stem Cell Supplement Brands - Healthtrends - October 13th, 2021
- Mitochondrial superoxide dismutase overexpression and low oxygen conditioning hormesis improve the performance of irradiated sterile males |... - October 13th, 2021
- Researchers uncover how cancer cells use sugar residue to evade the immune system - News-Medical.net - October 13th, 2021
- The science and practicality of cultured meat The Stute - The Stute - October 11th, 2021
- Vitro Biopharma Inc. July 31st 2021; 3rd Quarter ended Financial Results of Operations and Shareholder Le - Benzinga - October 11th, 2021
- Want To Support Healthy Bones? It's Time To Get Your Vitamin D In Check - mindbodygreen.com - October 11th, 2021
- Joint : Why Breast Cancer Awareness Matters, and How to Get It Done - marketscreener.com - October 11th, 2021
- Faster healing of wounds can decrease pain and suffering and save lives - KY3 - October 7th, 2021
- Fasting boosts stem cells regenerative capacity | MIT ... - October 7th, 2021
- Adventist Review Online | Vaxed, Vexed, or Other? - Adventist Review - October 7th, 2021
- Sickle cell disease patients given hope for the future with first new treatment in 20 years - iNews - October 7th, 2021
- StemExpress Partners with the Alliance for Regenerative Medicine to Provide COVID-19 Testing for the Cell and Gene Meeting on the Mesa - WCAX - October 7th, 2021
- New Australian-first gene therapy gives Rylee and Saman sight at night and the chance at a new life - ABC News - October 7th, 2021
- Is Stathmin-2 the Next Piece of the ALS Jigsaw Puzzle? - BioSpace - October 7th, 2021
- Ashley Black, Entrepreneur Of The Year For Health And Beauty, To Launch Best-Selling FasciaBlaster System - LatestLY - October 5th, 2021
- 25 Best Body Scrubs and Exfoliators in 2021 - the Trend Spotter - The Trend Spotter - October 5th, 2021
- Potential of exosomes as cell-free therapy | IJN - Dove Medical Press - October 2nd, 2021
- Poseida Therapeutics to Present at Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer 2021 Annual Meeting - PRNewswire - October 2nd, 2021
- 12 of the best face serums 2021 - Medical News Today - October 2nd, 2021
- Humanigen Submits All Planned Modules for Potential Conditional Marketing Authorization from the UK's MHRA - Business Wire - October 2nd, 2021
- Envigo Announces Collaboration With Biocytogen to Distribute the B-NDG Triple Immunodeficient and Humanizable Mouse Model - StreetInsider.com - September 29th, 2021
- Large-Scale Bioproduction of Adherent Cells To Support Advanced Therapy Workflows - Technology Networks - September 29th, 2021
- Sidney author warns against the abuses of technology Saanich News - Saanich News - September 27th, 2021
- Jasper Therapeutics Closes Transaction With Amplitude Healthcare Acquisition Corporation, Creating a Publicly Traded Biotechnology Company Dedicated... - September 25th, 2021
- Dr. Sean Kelishadi provides stem cell therapy for facial procedures - Digital Journal - September 25th, 2021
- Pipeline of cell and gene therapies holds promise for repairing the Parkinsonian brain - EurekAlert - September 25th, 2021
- National Institutes of Health awards Children - EurekAlert - September 25th, 2021
- Amplitude Healthcare Acquisition : Announces Shareholder Approval of Business Combination with Jasper Therapeutics, Inc (Form 8-K) -... - September 25th, 2021
- Can you mix and match COVID vaccines or boosters? What scientists and doctors say - CNET - September 22nd, 2021
- All The Reasons Why You Should Add Nutrient-Dense Mushrooms To Your Diet - NDTV Doctor - September 22nd, 2021
- My children know I have a terminal illness talking openly about cancer benefits all of us - iNews - September 22nd, 2021
- Orthopedic Regenerative Surgical Products Market Size to Expand Significantly by the End of 2031 - BioSpace - September 22nd, 2021
- Health tips from Dr. Oz and Dr. Roizen for 9-21-21 - The Commercial Dispatch - September 22nd, 2021
- Prescription Drugs Can Be Affordable and Innovative - Center For American Progress - September 18th, 2021
- The Promise of Regenerative Medicine to Treat Chronic Pain - Mega Doctor News - September 18th, 2021
- Precise CRISPR gene editing can correct the mutation that causes cystic fibrosis in mini-intestines - Massive Science - September 18th, 2021
- Fate Therapeutics Announces Publication of FT538 Preclinical Data Demonstrating Enhanced ... - The Bakersfield Californian - September 18th, 2021
- A New Company With a Wild Mission: Bring Back the Woolly Mammoth - The New York Times - September 14th, 2021
- TreeFrog Therapeutics Secures $75m In Series B Financing To Advance A Pipeline Of Stem Cell-Derived Cell Therapies And Deploy Proprietary C-Stem... - September 14th, 2021
- Therapeutic inhibition of USP9x-mediated Notch signaling in triple-negative breast cancer - pnas.org - September 14th, 2021
- What are the health benefits of nectarines? - Medical News Today - September 10th, 2021
- Time to humanize European health research with an action plan - POLITICO.eu - September 10th, 2021
- Tiny radio tags reveal the lives of Neotropical stingless bees - Massive Science - September 10th, 2021
- Bristol Myers Squibb Research at ESMO 2021 Demonstrates Clinical Benefits of Immunotherapies in Multiple Hard-to-Treat Advanced or Metastatic Cancers... - September 8th, 2021
- Opdivo: Use with Yervoy, Side Effects, Cost, and More - Healthline - September 8th, 2021
- The Deal in Duluth: Catholics here on their own in seeking a religious exemption to being vaccinated - Duluth News Tribune - September 8th, 2021
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Three Primary Malignant Tumors | BCTT - Dove Medical Press - September 8th, 2021
- Jeff Bezos is reportedly funding Altos Labs, a new anti-ageing venture aiming to cheat death - Screen Shot - September 7th, 2021
- Sorrento Announces Enrollment of First Subject in Brazil Phase 2 Study of COVI-MSC for Treatment of COVID-19 Associated Acute Respiratory Distress in... - September 2nd, 2021
- 11 of the best vitamin C serums 2021 - Medical News Today - September 2nd, 2021
- Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) advice on third primary dose vaccination - GOV.UK - September 2nd, 2021
- Japanese scientists have 3D printed a square of lab-grown wagyu beef - The A.V. Club - September 2nd, 2021
- This Company is Producing Bioprinted Fur, Wool & Eyelashes Which Could Make Fur Farms Obsolete - vegconomist - the vegan business magazine -... - September 2nd, 2021
- Operational Highlights and Financial Results for the Year Ended June 30, 2021 - GlobeNewswire - September 1st, 2021
- KNUCKLES Role in Flower Clock; This Tiny Multi-Functional Protein Helps Complete Floral Development Properly at the Right Time - Science Times - September 1st, 2021
- Outlook on the Multiple Myeloma Drugs Global Market to 2026 - by Therapy, Drug Type, End-user, Distribution Channel and Region - Yahoo Finance - August 30th, 2021
- 6 Benefits of Not Eating Meat (or at Least Less of It) - Healthline - August 30th, 2021
- Cell Therapy Manufacturing Market by Type of Cell Manufactured, Source of Cell, Scale of Operation, Purpose of Manufacturing and Key Geographical... - August 25th, 2021
- The world's first 3D-printed Wagyu beef is revealed-it's marbling like the real thing - Texasnewstoday.com - August 25th, 2021
- Science-Backed Benefits of Prickly Pear Cactus - Healthline - August 25th, 2021
- AdAlta and Carina Biotech to develop next-generation CAR-T cancer therapeutics | More News | News Channels - PipelineReview.com - August 25th, 2021
- Educating California and the world on the benefits of hydrogen-powered transportation - H2 View - August 25th, 2021
- The Future is Fat: The Startups Looking to Fatten up Vegan Food - vegconomist - the vegan business magazine - August 25th, 2021
- This tech investor believes well soon live to 150. Here are his seven longevity hacks - The Irish Times - August 25th, 2021
- The Best New CBD Skincare Products Of 2021 (So Far) - Forbes - August 25th, 2021