Groundbreaking research on stem cells recently provided some hope for male individuals struggling with infertility as scientists succeeded in developing functional sperm cells taken from the stem cells of monkeys.
ABrinkwirereport said the University of Georgia scientists could produce useful sperm cells from embryonic stem cells of monkey species, particularly the rhesus macaque monkeys, igniting new hope for male infertility.
Researchers at the University of Georgia developed the embryonic cells in a dish using stem cells collected from the said mountain species to produce the so-called round spermatids, immature sperm cells.
As a result, they validated that such spermatids could fertilize a rhesus macaque egg, also igniting new hope for human trials.
ALSO READ:Sperm Memory Helps in Embryotic Transfer of Non-DNA Coded Traits
(Photo: Md. Tareq Aziz Touhid on Wikimedia Commons)Rhesus Macaque monkey
In a Daily Starreport, Charles Easley, the lead researcher, said this new approach is a breakthrough towards generating stem cell-based treatments to cure male infertility in circumstances where the men are not producing "any viable sperm cells."
He added this is the initial step that exhibits this technology is possibly translatable.
They are using a species that's more significant to them, and they are having success in developing healthy embryos.
"This is the first step that shows this technology is potentially translatable. We're using a species that's more relevant to us, and we're having success in making healthy embryos."
Nevertheless, rhesus macaques are found to have a closer match to the reproductive system of humans, so much so, the researchers added these monkeys are a "perfect and essential" model for the exploration of cell-based treatments for male infertility.
Nevertheless, for fertilization to occur in vitrospermatids, several factors are coming into play, including activating the egg to guarantee that the fertilized egg is developing into a healthy embryo.
Now that the research team has successfully achieved this, the researchers are planning to implant the embryos into a replacement rhesus macaque,ScienceDailyreported.
The next step will contribute to the assessment of if the embryos can indeed generate a healthy baby or not.
This news comes a few months following the prediction of experts that most couples will necessitate medical support to conceive by the year 2045, as chemicals crash human health.
According to a separate Daily Starreport, experts have forecasted that most couples will require medical support to conceive by, as mentioned, 2045.
Environmental medicine and public health professor Shanna Swan from Mount Sinai school of medicine in New York City said she had spent years examining the patterns of chemical impacts on the human body.
In 2017, the professor documented how average sperm counts among western males have more than halved in the last four decades.
According to Swan, in following that curve from the 2017 sperm-decline meta-analysis, it forecasts that by the mid-2040s, they will have "a median sperm count of zero."
Lastly, the hormone expert forecasted that most couples would need to resort to medication or IVF to assist with conceiving, saying they have observed growth in infertility among the younger generations.
Related information about male infertility is shown on Michigan Medicine's YouTube video below:
RELATED ARTICLE: Male Fertility: Increased Chemical Exposure, Lifestyle Changes Cause Sperm Quality in the US to Decline
Check out more news and information onMedicine & Healthin Science Times.
Here is the original post:
- Irving Weissman Laboratory | Institute for Stem Cell ... - December 4th, 2021
- Nine Things To Know About Stem Cell Treatments - A Closer ... - December 4th, 2021
- Regenerative Medicine & Stem Cell Therapy Las Vegas ... - December 4th, 2021
- World AIDS Day: is a cure for HIV finally in sight? - Thomson Reuters Foundation - December 4th, 2021
- New genetic technology for gene expression analysis of cancer cells - News-Medical.net - December 4th, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy Restores Insulin Production in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes - MD Magazine - December 4th, 2021
- It takes guts to make a heart - EurekAlert - December 4th, 2021
- Appia Bio Announces Appointment of Irving Weissman, MD, and Mark Exley, PhD, to Scientific Advisory Board - BioSpace - December 4th, 2021
- The Intramural Research Program at the Abu Dhabi Stem Cell Center (ADSCC) Signs a Letter of Intent to Collaborate with the Division of Intramural... - December 4th, 2021
- TScan Therapeutics to Host a Virtual Event to Discuss Highlights from the 63rd ASH Annual Meeting and Exposition - GlobeNewswire - December 4th, 2021
- Genomic Testing Cooperative to Present data at the American Society of Hematology Meeting on its Proprietary Machine Learning Approaches for RNA... - December 3rd, 2021
- Cell Culture Media Market is predicted to grow from US$ 2.6 Bn in 2020 to over US$ 5.6 Bn by 2031 - PRNewswire - December 3rd, 2021
- Appia Bio Announces Appointment of Irving Weissman, MD, and Mark Exley, PhD, to Scientific Advisory Board - PRNewswire - December 3rd, 2021
- Treatment Tricks Cancer Cells Into Changing Their Identity To Eliminate Them - Technology Networks - December 3rd, 2021
- Soumit K. Basu MD PhD is recognized by Continental Who's Who - The Wellsboro Gazette - December 3rd, 2021
- Report of Placebo-Controlled Clinical Trial Evaluating MultiStem Cell Therapy for Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome Published in Intensive Care... - November 30th, 2021
- Restorative treatments for erectile dysfunction arent proven to work. Men pay thousands anyway. - The Philadelphia Inquirer - November 30th, 2021
- Talaris Therapeutics Announces Initiation of Phase 2 Clinical Trial of FCR001 in Individuals with a Severe Form of Scleroderma - Yahoo Finance - November 30th, 2021
- Letter to the editor | In support of Hakeem Jefferson and the Early Career Black Faculty Group - The Stanford Daily - November 30th, 2021
- Jasper Therapeutics: Advancing Cures With HSC Transplants And Safer Prior Conditioning - Seeking Alpha - November 30th, 2021
- Immunomic Therapeutics Announces Collaboration With iOncologi - BioSpace - November 28th, 2021
- How drugs are reviewed and approved in Canada - The Globe and Mail - November 27th, 2021
- JGC : Investment in two companies in the MSC regenerative medicine and digital therapeutics fields through CVC fund - marketscreener.com - November 27th, 2021
- Global Cell Therapy Manufacturing Market Report 2021, Featuring Key Players KBI Biopharma, Waisman Biomanufacturing, Merck and Thermo Fisher... - November 27th, 2021
- Digital twins for predictive oncology will be a paradigm shift for precision cancer care - Nature.com - November 27th, 2021
- From tummy tucks to facelifts: Pet plastic surgery is happening in Ohio - NewsNation Now - November 27th, 2021
- Susanna Park inducted as holder of Roth Endowed Chair for Discovery, Education and Patient Care - UC Davis Health - November 24th, 2021
- Global Cell Therapy Markets Report 2021-2030: Cell Therapy Markets According to Therapeutic Areas, Technologies, & Companies - PRNewswire - November 24th, 2021
- Research Developments in the Treatment of Advanced Kidney Cancer - liherald - November 24th, 2021
- The Expanding Role of Interferons in Myeloproliferative Neoplasms - Targeted Oncology - November 24th, 2021
- InGeneron Publishes Significant Support for the Existence of Naturally Pluripotent Stem Cells in All Organs in the Adult Body - Galveston County Daily... - November 24th, 2021
- UoH start-up ties up with GenepoweRx for personalizing medical procedures - United News of India - November 24th, 2021
- BioRestorative Therapies Enters into Letter of Intent with PRC Clinical - BioSpace - November 22nd, 2021
- FDA Action Alert: Takeda, Aadi and Fennec - BioSpace - November 22nd, 2021
- New MedHouse Location Opens in West Palm Beach, Powered by R3 Health: Popular Concierge Membership Social Wellness and Biohacking Club Welcomes New... - November 22nd, 2021
- Researchers use model of hypothalamus to implicate genes associated with sleep, BMI, puberty, and more - EurekAlert - November 21st, 2021
- Orchard Therapeutics Announces New England Journal of Medicine Publication of Interim Proof-of-concept Study Results of OTL-203 for Hurler Syndrome -... - November 21st, 2021
- Gene Therapy May Reverse Hurler Syndrome, a Rare and Severe Illness in Kids - HealthDay - November 18th, 2021
- Braeden Lichti - Investing in Precision Medicine to Yield New Treatments for Neurodegenerative Diseases - PRNewswire - November 18th, 2021
- Orchard Therapeutics Announces New England Journal of Medicine Publication of Interim ... - The Bakersfield Californian - November 18th, 2021
- Diabetes breakthrough: Revolutionary stem cell technique treated 'severe' disease in study - Daily Express - November 18th, 2021
- French biotech CellProthera welcomes three exceptional talents to its executive management team - Business Wire - November 18th, 2021
- FDA Approves Merck's KEYTRUDA (pembrolizumab) as Adjuvant Therapy for Certain Patients With Renal Cell Carcinoma (RCC) Following Surgery - Business... - November 18th, 2021
- BioBridge Global continues history of innovation with umbilical cord collection and processing under cGMP standards for further manufacture -... - November 18th, 2021
- PhD Studentship, Cartilage Regenerative Medicine job with UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHAMPTON | 271677 - Times Higher Education (THE) - November 16th, 2021
- Behind the FDA Approval: Belumosudil for Chronic Graft Versus Host Disease - Targeted Oncology - November 16th, 2021
- Dr. Nathan Newman Recognized as a Professional of the Year for 2021 by Strathmore's Who's Who Worldwide - PR.com - November 16th, 2021
- A second HIV patient may have been 'cured' of infection without stem cell treatment, in extremely rare case - CNN - November 16th, 2021
- miRNA-based therapeutics to treat Glioblastoma at Johns Hopkins Medical Institute in Baltimore - Open Access Government - November 16th, 2021
- New dates announced for global scientific conference recruited to Memphis by UT Health Science Center and Tennessee Institute of Regenerative Medicine... - November 13th, 2021
- Regenerative Medicine Market to reach US$ 25,959.5 Mn by end of 2028, Says Coherent Market Insights - PRNewswire - November 13th, 2021
- ASCO Reading Room | CAR T-Cell Therapy in Hematologic Malignancies | MedPage Today - MedPage Today - November 13th, 2021
- This Week at FDA: CDRH and Endologix leaks, OTC monograph reform, and more - Regulatory Focus - November 13th, 2021
- Always Ready: A military man's motto on service and cancer - Yale School of Medicine - November 13th, 2021
- 100 years after insulin treatment was invented, researchers hope to ditch needles once and for all - CBC.ca - November 13th, 2021
- These 5 Things Can Cause Your Hip to Collapse Eat This Not That - Eat This, Not That - November 13th, 2021
- Athersys Reports Updates on Timing for Japan ARDS and Stroke Programs From Healios KK - GuruFocus.com - November 13th, 2021
- Putting the move back in movement - Scope - Scope - November 11th, 2021
- Revolutionizing the way we treat lack of blood flow diseases by using stem cell therapy - InvestorIntel - November 11th, 2021
- Creative Medical Technology Holdings Announces Implementation of Reverse Stock Split in Preparation for Planned Uplisting to The Nasdaq Capital Market... - November 11th, 2021
- It takes a village (of cells) to heal the intestine - Baylor College of Medicine News - November 11th, 2021
- Fate Therapeutics Announces Abstract Highlighting FT538 and FT573 Programs Selected for Presentation at SITC 2021 Annual Meeting Press Conference -... - November 11th, 2021
- CAR T-cell therapy: Hear from a Canadian patient - CTV News - November 9th, 2021
- UM teams to research under-studied aspects of COVID-19 - UM Today - November 9th, 2021
- COVID Booster Eligibility: Who Can Get the Third Vaccine Dose Now? - NBC10 Boston - November 9th, 2021
- He cant cure his dad. But a scientists research may help everyone else. - The Indian Express - November 9th, 2021
- Hoth Therapeutics Inks API and Drug Product Contracts with WuXi STA to Advance Manufacturing of HT-KIT Cancer Therapeutic - Yahoo Finance - November 9th, 2021
- MS in Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine - November 7th, 2021
- Institute for Stem Cell & Regenerative Medicine ... - November 7th, 2021
- Stem-cell niche - Wikipedia - November 7th, 2021
- Stem Cell Network - November 7th, 2021
- This is such an important moment: how stem cell research ... - November 7th, 2021
- Experts gain insights into pathomechanisms of dilated cardiomyopathy - News-Medical.Net - November 7th, 2021
- Updates in Therapies of Relapsed and Refractory Follicular Lymphoma - Cancer Network - November 7th, 2021
- Totipotent Stem Cell - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics - November 7th, 2021
- Editas Medicine to Present Data Demonstrating Progress Towards Transformative Gene Editing Medicines for the Treatment of Hemoglobinopathies and... - November 5th, 2021
- Parkinson's gene therapy restores responses to dopamine-boosting drug in mouse models - FierceBiotech - November 5th, 2021
- Treatment Sequencing Could Change With Complementary Combinations and CAR T Options in B-ALL - OncLive - November 5th, 2021
- Shockwave therapy brings new healing opportunities for heart attack patients and hope for people with spinal cord injuries - WDRB - November 5th, 2021
- Clade Therapeutics Raises $87 Million Series A Financing to - GlobeNewswire - November 5th, 2021