CAMBRIDGE, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Magenta Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MGTA), a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing novel medicines to bring the curative power of immune and blood systems reset via stem cell transplant to more patients, today announced data presentations across its stem cell mobilization and targeted conditioning programs at the Transplantation and Cellular Therapy (TCT) Annual Meeting, to be held virtually on February 8-12, 2021.
Magenta continues to generate encouraging data across our pipeline, furthering our commitment to patients to expand eligibility and improve the clinical outcomes with stem cell transplant, said John Davis Jr., M.D., M.P.H., M.S., Magentas Head of Research & Development and Chief Medical Officer. Our presentations this year at TCT highlight the potential wide-ranging utility of our portfolio, and we are particularly excited to share these results, and to continue our progress in the year ahead.
Oral Presentations Showcasing Clinical Data of MGTA-145 Stem Cell Mobilization Program
Magenta is developing MGTA-145 in combination with plerixafor utilizing complementary mechanisms to mobilize hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs) for collection and transplantation. This combination has the potential to be the preferred mobilization regimen for rapid, reliable, predictable and safe collection of high numbers of functional blood stem cells to improve outcomes across autologous and allogeneic stem cell transplantation, which also includes stem cells necessary for all HSC-based gene therapies.
Title: MGTA-145 / Plerixafor-Mediated HSC Mobilization and Intravenous HDAd5/35++ Vector Injection into Mice Allows for Efficient in vivo HSC Transduction and Stable Gene Marking in Peripheral Blood Cells (Oral Abstract, #16)Presenting Author: Chang Li, Ph.D., Division of Medical Genetics, Department of Medicine, University of WashingtonDate and Time of Presentation: Session B Transplantation for Non-Malignant Disease; Monday, February 8, 2021, 3:15PM CST / 4:15PM EST
Data from this preclinical study demonstrate the potential of MGTA-145 plus plerixafor to serve as an efficient, single-dose mobilization regimen for in vivo HSC gene therapy where stem cells could be gene corrected or edited without having to remove them from the body. This could potentially replace current mobilization regimens that rely on ex vivo gene therapy approaches to treat genetic diseases.
Title: MGTA-145, in Combination with Plerixafor in a Phase 1 Clinical Study, Mobilizes Large Numbers of Hematopoietic Stem Cells and a Graft with Potent Immunosuppressive Properties for Autologous and Allogeneic Transplant (Oral Abstract, #35)Presenting Author: Kevin Goncalves, Ph.D., Magenta TherapeuticsDate and Time of Presentation: Session E Consider the Source: Stem Cell Grafts and Donors; Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 4:00PM CST / 5:00PM EST
Data from this Phase 1 clinical trial with healthy volunteers further underscore the potential utility of MGTA-145 plus plerixafor as an effective, single-day mobilization and collection regimen for autologous and allogeneic HSC transplant. MGTA-145 plus plerixafor mobilized high numbers of HSCs and showed durable engraftment, successful gene-modification and immunosuppressive properties by reducing Graft-versus-Host disease (GvHD) in preclinical models.
Oral Presentation Showcasing Preclinical Study of MGTA-117 Targeted ADC Conditioning Program
Magenta is developing a suite of novel antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs) for conditioning, a step in the transplant process that currently relies on the use of systemic chemotherapy agents and radiation. Magentas targeted conditioning programs are designed to selectively eliminate stem cells and/or immune cells from a patient prior to transplant or gene therapy, and to reduce or potentially eliminate the need for high dose or high intensity chemotherapy-based treatments. These programs focus on developing targeted products that remove specific cell types, with an approach that is tailored to the patients disease and transplant requirements.
MGTA-117, Magentas most advanced conditioning program, is a CD117-targeted ADC designed to precisely deplete hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells to clear space in the bone marrow prior to transplant, and to support long-term engraftment and improved disease outcomes in patients. MGTA-117 has shown to be highly selective with potent activity, efficacy and tolerability in preclinical models.
Title: A Single Dose of a Novel Anti-Human CD117-Amanitin Antibody Drug Conjugate (ADC) Engineered for a Short Half-life Provides Dual Conditioning and Anti-Leukemia Activity and Extends Survival Compared to Standard of Care in Multiple Pre-clinical Models of Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) (Oral Abstract, #53)Presenting Author: Leanne Lanieri, M.S., Magenta TherapeuticsDate and Time of Presentation: Session H Novel Conditioning Regimens & Transplantation for Aged Populations, Wednesday, February 10, 2021, 4:00PM CST / 5:00PM EST
Hematopoietic stem cell transplant (HSCT) can often be a curative treatment for patients with acute myeloid leukemia (AML). There is currently a need for safer and more effective targeted conditioning agents, as current conditioning regimens are associated with severe toxicities and high post-transplant relapse or graft failure. MGTA-117 was studied in multiple human leukemic xenograft murine models to mimic untreated and refractory AML. In preclinical models, MGTA-117 significantly increased median survival versus a multi-day standard-of-care regimen using cytarabine. Data from this study demonstrate MGTA-117s potential as a potent, targeted HSCT conditioning agent with anti-leukemic activity, emphasizing its potential to improve HSCT outcomes in AML by reducing the risk of post-transplant relapse.
Poster Presentation Highlighting Preclinical Data of CD45-ADC Targeted Conditioning Program
Magentas other ADC-based conditioning program, CD45-ADC, targets both patient HSCs and disease-causing immune cells. The programs lead target is CD45, a cell surface molecule broadly expressed throughout the hematopoietic and immune systems. CD45-ADC has the potential to significantly increase the number of patients eligible to receive a stem cell transplant, particularly those patients with autoimmune diseases and acute leukemias.
Developing a broad targeting approach for safer patient conditioning prior to HSCT could bring the curative potential of allogeneic HSCT to more patients with both malignant and non-malignant disorders. Current conditioning regimens limit accessibility of this procedure due to toxicity.
Title: Targeted CD45 Antibody Drug Conjugate Enables Full Mismatch Allogeneic Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation in a Murine HSCT Model as a Single Agent (AML) (Poster #242)Lead Author: Sharon Hyzy, M.S., Magenta Therapeutics
Data from this study showed conditioning with single agent CD45-ADC enabled complete chimerism in a full mismatch allogeneic HSCT model.
Oral Presentation of MGTA-456 Stem Cell Therapy Expansion Program in Patients with Blood Cancer
Magenta is continuing long-term patient follow up to evaluate MGTA-456 in blood cancers through the investigator-initiated Phase 2 trial in blood cancers at the University of Minnesota and will assess best next steps for the program. Magenta previously announced in June 2020 it had discontinued enrollment in the Phase 2 trial of MGTA-456 in patients with inherited metabolic disorders.
Title: MGTA-456, A CD34 Expanded Cord Blood Product, Permits Selection of Better HLA Matched Units and Results in Rapid Hematopoietic Recovery, Uniform Engraftment and Reduced Graft-Versus-Host Disease in Adults with High-Risk Hematologic Malignancies (Oral Abstract, #31)Presenting Author: Heather Stefanski, M.D., Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatrics, University of MinnesotaDate and Time of Oral Presentation: Session E Consider the Source: Stem Cell Grafts and Donors; Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 3:00PM CST / 4:00PM EST
Twenty-two patients were enrolled in the study, with 18 transplanted with MGTA-456. Compared to transplant patients who had undergone the same conditioning, GvHD prophylaxis and supportive care, patients who received MGTA-456 showed faster neutrophil recovery (median of 17 days compared to 23 days) and better platelet recovery (median 36 days compared to 59 days). Additionally, incidence of grade 2-4 acute GvHD was lower (24% compared to 46%), likely because of the ability to find a better matched cord unit.
About Magenta Therapeutics
Magenta Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing medicines to bring the curative power of immune system reset through stem cell transplant to more patients with blood cancer, genetic diseases and autoimmune diseases. Magenta is combining leadership in stem cell biology and biotherapeutics development with clinical and regulatory expertise, a unique business model and broad networks in the stem cell transplant community to revolutionize immune reset for more patients.
Magenta is based in Cambridge, Mass. For more information, please visit http://www.magentatx.com.
Follow Magenta on Twitter: @magentatx.
This press release may contain forward-looking statements and information within the meaning of The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and other federal securities laws, including express or implied statements regarding Magentas future expectations, plans and prospects, including, without limitation, statements regarding expectations and plans for presenting clinical data, projections regarding our long-term growth, cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities, the anticipated timing of our clinical trials and regulatory filings, the development of our product candidates and advancement of our clinical programs, the timing, progress and success of our collaborations, as well as other statements containing words such as may, will, could, should, expects, intends, plans, anticipates, believes, estimates, predicts, projects, seeks, endeavor, potential, continue or the negative of such words or other similar expressions that can be used to identify forward-looking statements. The express or implied forward-looking statements included in this press release are only predictions and are subject to a number of risks, uncertainties and assumptions, including, without limitation: uncertainties inherent in clinical studies and in the availability and timing of data from ongoing clinical studies; whether interim results from a clinical trial will be predictive of the final results of the trial; whether results from pre-clinical studies or earlier clinical studies will be predictive of the results of future trials; the expected timing of submissions for regulatory approval or review by governmental authorities; regulatory approvals to conduct trials or to market products; whether Magenta's cash resources will be sufficient to fund Magenta's foreseeable and unforeseeable operating expenses and capital expenditure requirements; risks, assumptions and uncertainties regarding the impact of the continuing COVID-19 pandemic on Magentas business, operations, strategy, goals and anticipated timelines, Magentas ongoing and planned pre-clinical activities, Magentas ability to initiate, enroll, conduct or complete ongoing and planned clinical trials, Magentas timelines for regulatory submissions and Magentas financial position; and other risks concerning Magenta's programs and operations set forth under the caption Risk Factors in Magentas Annual Report on Form 10-K filed on March 3, 2020, as updated by Magentas most recent Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q and its other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In light of these risks, uncertainties and assumptions, the forward-looking events and circumstances discussed in this press release may not occur and actual results could differ materially and adversely from those anticipated or implied in the forward-looking statements. You should not rely upon forward-looking statements as predictions of future events. Although Magenta believes that the expectations reflected in the forward-looking statements are reasonable, it cannot guarantee that the future results, levels of activity, performance or events and circumstances reflected in the forward-looking statements will be achieved or occur. Moreover, except as required by law, neither Magenta nor any other person assumes responsibility for the accuracy and completeness of the forward-looking statements included in this press release. Any forward-looking statement included in this press release speaks only as of the date on which it was made. We undertake no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by law.
- Individualized brain cell grafts reverse Parkinson's symptoms in monkeys - University of Wisconsin-Madison - March 3rd, 2021
- New Controversy for Stem Cell Therapy That Repairs Spinal Cords - The Great Courses Daily News - March 3rd, 2021
- Cell Therapy Company Raises $160 Million to Advance iPSC-Derived Therapies to Clinic - BioSpace - March 3rd, 2021
- NSAIDs to Treat Arthritic Canines Through 2028; Stem Cell Therapies to Invigorate Canine Arthritis T - PharmiWeb.com - March 3rd, 2021
- A region within GLI1 gene could potentially be targeted as cancer treatment - News-Medical.Net - March 3rd, 2021
- Magenta Therapeutics Reports Fourth Quarter and Full-Year 2020 Financial Results and Recent Program Highlights - Galveston County Daily News - March 3rd, 2021
- Global Animal Stem Cell Therapy Market 2020 2025 Research Report Segment Outlook, Growth Potentials and Analysis of COVID-19 Worldwide Outbreak KSU... - March 3rd, 2021
- Global Autologous stem cell and Non-stem cell based Therapies Market- Industry Analysis, Growth, Segmentation and Forecast-2019-2027 - The Bisouv... - March 3rd, 2021
- Stem Cell manufacturing Market Witness an Outstanding Growth and Strong Revenue and Forecast 2027 KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - KSU | The Sentinel... - March 3rd, 2021
- New study launches into COVID-19 vaccine responses in patients with impaired immune systems - University of Birmingham - March 3rd, 2021
- U. Cancer Center pilot projects: investigating cancer connections - The Brown Daily Herald - March 3rd, 2021
- Animal Stem Cell Therapy Market Size 2021 | Global Trends, Business Overview, Challenges, Opportunities and Forecast to 2027 The Bisouv Network - The... - March 1st, 2021
- Human Lung and Brain Organoids Respond Differently to SARS-CoV-2 Infection in Lab Tests - UC San Diego Health - March 1st, 2021
- Contemporary Critical Care Complications of Stem Cell Transplant/Cellular Therapies - TMC News - Texas Medical Center News - March 1st, 2021
- Global Human Embryonic Stem Cells Market Size-Share Analysis and System Production | Addressing the Potential Impact of COVID-19 Top Companies FLA... - February 21st, 2021
- Studies Show ApoE4 Carriers Appear More Susceptible to COVID-19Experts Say the Jury Is Still Out - Being Patient - February 21st, 2021
- Global Stem Cell Therapy Market 2020 | Demand and Scope with Outlook, Business Strategies, Challenges and Forecasts to 2025 KSU | The Sentinel... - February 19th, 2021
- Associating Baseline PROs and Complications of Stem Cell Transplant - MedPage Today - February 19th, 2021
- USC scientist Ya-Wen Chen receives American Lung Association grant to advance stem cell-based lung therapies - USC News - February 10th, 2021
- Gamida Cell Presents Efficacy and Safety Results of Phase 3 Study of Omidubicel in Patients with Hematologic Malignancies at the 2021 TCT Meetings of... - February 10th, 2021
- Creative Bioarray Offers Stem Cell Lines Generation Service for Promoting Scientific Research - Press Release - Digital Journal - February 10th, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Revenue, Key Players, Supply-Demand, Investment Feasibility and Forecast By 2029: Osiris Therapeutics, NuVasive, Chiesi... - February 10th, 2021
- The International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society (MDS) Continues to Caution Against Unproven Cell-Based Therapies for Parkinson's Disease -... - February 10th, 2021
- Global Stem Cell Partnering Terms and Agreements Directory 2020: Company AZ, Headline Value, Stage of Development at Signing, Deal Component Type,... - February 10th, 2021
- Money on the Move: January 27 February 2 - BioSpace - February 3rd, 2021
- Stem Cell Study Illuminates the Cause of a Devastating Inherited Heart Disorder - Newswise - February 2nd, 2021
- Experts Predict the Hottest Life Science Tech in 2021 and Beyond - The Scientist - February 2nd, 2021
- Global Apoptosis Assays Market Report 2020: Apoptosis Assay Kits Lead the Demand with 42.5% Share - Forecast to 2026 - GlobeNewswire - February 2nd, 2021
- Choroideremia Research Foundation Supports New Research to Expand Knowledge of This Rare Inherited Retinal Disease - PRNewswire - February 2nd, 2021
- APOE Tied to Increased Susceptibility to SARS-CoV-2 | ALZFORUM - Alzforum - February 2nd, 2021
- Stem Cell Research & Therapy | Home page - January 28th, 2021
- Stem cell - Wikipedia - January 28th, 2021
- stem cell | Definition, Types, Uses, Research, & Facts ... - January 28th, 2021
- Researchers use patients' cells to test gene therapy for rare eye disease - National Institutes of Health - January 28th, 2021
- Cooperation, appropriation, and vaccines relying on fetal ... - January 28th, 2021
- Stem Cell Manufacturing includes Attractiveness and Raw Material Analysis and Competitor Position Grid Analysis to 2027 | Merck KGaA, Thermo Fisher... - January 28th, 2021
- Cell Expansion Supporting Equipment Market Research Report 2020 key Insights Based on Product Type, End-use and Regional Demand Till 2027 | Beckman... - January 28th, 2021
- Global Cord Blood Stem Cells Market : Industry Analysis and Forecast (2019-2026) by Type, Application, and Region NeighborWebSJ - NeighborWebSJ - January 26th, 2021
- Animal Stem Cell Therapy Market to witness high growth in near future - Fractovia News - January 26th, 2021
- Groundbreaking Treatment for Severe COVID-19 Using Stem Cells It's Like Smart Bomb Technology in the Lung - SciTechDaily - January 6th, 2021
- Development Of New Stem Cell Type May Lead To Advances In Regenerative Medicine - Anti Aging News - January 6th, 2021
- Global Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells (iPSCs) Market 2020-2025 Business Insights and Sustainable Growth in Respective Industry - LionLowdown - January 6th, 2021
- Cell Therapy Speed and Efficiency Driven by Draper's New Way of Thinking - BioSpace - January 6th, 2021
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) Drugs Market: Increasing Burden of Kidney Disease is Expected to Drive the Market - BioSpace - January 6th, 2021
- Global Circulating Tumor Cells and Cancer Stem Cells Market To Reach A New Threshold of Growth By 2026 - The Courier - January 6th, 2021
- RNA molecules are masters of their own destiny - MIT News - January 6th, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Analysis, COVID-19 Impact,Outlook, Opportunities, Size, Share Forecast and Supply Demand 2021-2025 - Farming Sector - January 4th, 2021
- How brain inflammation and healing is pointing to new glioblastoma targets - FierceBiotech - January 4th, 2021
- Discover the Global Stem Cell Banking Market Opportunities, Key Manufacturers and Outlook - The Courier - December 30th, 2020
- Impacts of COVID 19 on Stem Cell Therapy Market 2020 Size, Demand, Opportunities & Forecast To 2026 - Factory Gate - December 30th, 2020
- Nociceptive neurons shown to boost hematopoiesis | 2020-12-28 - BioWorld Online - December 28th, 2020
- Global Stem Cell Therapy Market Growth Graph To Demonstrate Inclination Towards Positive Axis By 2026 - The Courier - December 28th, 2020
- Stem cells from cord blood can now be used across many conditions: Mayur Abhaya, MD & CEO, LifeCell Internat.. - ETHealthworld.com - December 28th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market (COVID-19 Analysis) 2020-2025 Is Booming Worldwide with Comprehensive Study Explores Huge Revenue Scope in Future - Farming... - December 28th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Size 2020 | Opportunities, Regional Overview, Top Leaders, Revenue and Forecast to 2025 - LionLowdown - December 28th, 2020
- Autologous Stem Cell & Non-Stem Cell Based Therapies Market Research Report - Global Forecast to 2025 - Cumulative Impact of COVID-19 - Yahoo... - December 27th, 2020
- Global Adipose Stem Cells (ASCS) Market 2020 Global Insights and Technology Advancement, Trends, Opportunities and Forecast to 2027 - Factory Gate - December 27th, 2020
- Creative Medical Technology Holdings Announces Successful Application of ImmCelz Immunotherapy for Treatment of Stroke - PRNewswire - December 17th, 2020
- Global NK Cell Therapy and Stem Cell Therapy Market: Development, Current Analysis and Estimated Forecast to 2025 - The Courier - December 17th, 2020
- I Peace, Inc. and Avery Therapeutics announce collaboration to bring iPSC derived cell therapy for heart failure to the clinic - PRNewswire - December 17th, 2020
- Stem Cell Exosomes Market: Increasing advanced applications of exosomes is expected to drive the market - BioSpace - December 17th, 2020
- Creative Medical Technology Stock Price Increased 80.77%: Why It Happened - Pulse 2.0 - December 17th, 2020
- 1st Patients To Get CRISPR Gene-Editing Treatment Continue To Thrive - NPR - December 17th, 2020
- California's Proposition 14: short in the arm for stem cell research - BioNews - December 15th, 2020
- Networks of genes involved in congenital heart disease revealed - News-Medical.net - December 15th, 2020
- Researchers Discover Clue to How to Protect Neurons and Encourage Their Growth - UC San Diego Health - December 15th, 2020
- COVID-19 vaccine shows the long-term value of curiosity-driven basic research - News-Medical.Net - December 15th, 2020
- Global Cancer Stem Cells Market to Boost with CAGR of 11.8% and Cross a Margin of $1,898.3 Million During the Covid-19 Outbreak Exclusive Report [150... - December 10th, 2020
- City of Hope Doctors Present Innovative Therapies to Better Treat Blood Cancers at American Society of Hematology Virtual Conference - BioSpace - December 10th, 2020
- Procyon Technologies LLC and Novo Nordisk A/S to Collaborate on the Development of a Stem-Cell Based Therapy for Type 1 Diabetes - PRNewswire - December 10th, 2020
- Better education needed to give patients improved understanding of gene therapies, new review highlights - University of Birmingham - December 10th, 2020
- Extended Virus Shedding After COVID in Some Patients With Cancer - Medscape - December 10th, 2020
- Jasper Therapeutics Announces Data from First Transplant-naive Patient in Phase 1 Clinical Trial of JSP191 as Conditioning Agent in Patients with SCID... - December 10th, 2020
- How do you donate stem cells? Donating cells can help treat cancer, blindness and other conditions - heres how - The Scotsman - December 6th, 2020
- Free radicals may be important for the brain to remain adaptable - News-Medical.Net - December 6th, 2020
- New Cedars-Sinai Biomanufacturing Center to Spur Cell Therapies - Newswise - December 6th, 2020
- Worldwide Stem Cell Therapy Market Insights to 2025 - Analysis and Forecasts - GlobeNewswire - December 6th, 2020
- Gene therapy gives man with sickle cell disease the chance for a better future - UCLA Newsroom - December 6th, 2020
- UCLA receives $7.3 million grant to build state-of-the-art facility for developing gene, cell therapies - UCLA Newsroom - December 6th, 2020
- Anatomy of a vaccine: What it takes to create a safe, effective COVID shot - University of California - December 6th, 2020