CAMBRIDGE, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mar 3, 2021--
Magenta Therapeutics (Nasdaq: MGTA), a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing novel medicines to bring the curative power of stem cell transplants to more patients, today reported financial results for the fourth quarter and full-year ended December 31, 2020 and recent program highlights.
Building on our momentum from 2020, we continue to advance our portfolio with now two active Phase 2 clinical trials evaluating MGTA-145 plus plerixafor in patients with blood cancers undergoing autologous and allogeneic stem cell transplant and an additional planned Phase 2 clinical trial evaluating stem cell mobilization and collection in patients with sickle cell disease in partnership with bluebird bio. We have also made additional progress in our preparations for an IND filing for our MGTA-117 targeted conditioning program based on communications with the FDA and the advancement of our IND-enabling studies, said Jason Gardner, D.Phil., President and Chief Executive Officer, Magenta Therapeutics. We very much look forward to generating clinical data during the course of 2021 in these multiple disease settings.
MGTA-145: Stem Cell Mobilization and Collection for Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation and Gene Therapy
Magenta is developing MGTA-145 plus plerixafor to harness these agents complementary mechanisms to mobilize hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs) for collection and transplantation, including for use with gene therapies. The ability to provide rapid, reliable, predictable and safe mobilization and collection of HSCs in stem cell transplantation and gene therapy could position MGTA-145 plus plerixafor to be the preferred mobilization regimen across multiple diseases due to improved patient experience and collection outcomes.
MGTA-145 Current and Planned Activity:
MGTA-145 Recent and Upcoming Scientific Conference Presentations:
MGTA-117: Targeted Conditioning
Magenta is developing a platform of novel antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs) for conditioning, a step in the transplant process that currently relies on the use of systemic chemotherapy agents and radiation. Magentas targeted conditioning programs are designed to selectively eliminate stem cells and/or immune cells from a patient prior to transplant or gene therapy, and to reduce or potentially eliminate the need for high dose or high intensity chemotherapy-based regimens.
MGTA-117, Magentas most advanced conditioning program, is a CD117-targeted antibody conjugated to amanitin and intended for use in patients undergoing transplant. MGTA-117 is designed to deplete hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells to clear space in the bone marrow prior to transplant in support of long-term engraftment and improved disease outcomes in patients. MGTA-117 has shown high selectivity, potent efficacy and tolerability in multiple preclinical studies.
Targeted Conditioning Current and Planned Activity:
Targeted Conditioning Recent and Upcoming Scientific Conference Presentations:
Cash Position: Cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities as of December 31, 2020, were $148.8 million, compared to $145.7 million as of December 31, 2019. Magenta anticipates that its cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities will be sufficient to fund operations and capital expenditures into 2023.
Research and Development Expenses: Research and development expenses were $12.3 million in the fourth quarter of 2020, compared to $18.7 million in the fourth quarter of 2019. The decrease was driven primarily by decreased preclinical costs for manufacturing related to the conditioning programs, lower manufacturing and clinical trial costs due to the discontinuance of enrollment in the Phase 2 clinical trial of MGTA-456 in inherited metabolic diseases in June 2020 and lower clinical trial costs for the MGTA-145 Phase 1 clinical trial which was completed in the first quarter of 2020.
General and Administrative Expenses: General and administrative expenses were $6.8 million for the fourth quarter of 2020, compared to $5.9 million for the fourth quarter of 2019. The increase was primarily due to an increase in personnel costs, professional services and insurance costs associated with Magentas expanded clinical trial preparations.
Net Loss: Net loss was $18.2 million for the fourth quarter of 2020, compared to net loss of $23.2 million for the fourth quarter of 2019.
About Magenta Therapeutics
Magenta Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing medicines to bring the curative power of immune system reset through stem cell transplant to more patients with blood cancers, genetic diseases and autoimmune diseases. Magenta is combining leadership in stem cell biology and biotherapeutics development with clinical and regulatory expertise, a unique business model and broad networks in the stem cell transplant community to revolutionize immune reset for more patients.
Magenta is based in Cambridge, Mass. For more information, please visit http://www.magentatx.com.
Follow Magenta on Twitter: @magentatx.
This press release may contain forward-looking statements within the meaning of The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and other federal securities laws, including express or implied statements regarding Magentas future expectations, plans and prospects, including, without limitation, statements regarding expectations and plans for presenting pre-clinical and clinical data, projections regarding future revenues and financing performance, our long-term growth, cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities, the anticipated timing of our clinical trials and regulatory filings, the development of our product candidates and advancement of our preclinical programs, the timing, progress and success of our collaborations, as well as other statements containing the words anticipate, believe, continue, could, endeavor, estimate, expect, anticipate, intend, may, might, plan, potential, predict, project, seek, should, target, will or would and similar expressions that constitute forward-looking statements under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. The express or implied forward-looking statements included in this press release are only predictions and are subject to a number of risks, uncertainties and assumptions, including, without limitation: uncertainties inherent in clinical studies and in the availability and timing of data from ongoing clinical studies; whether interim results from a clinical trial will be predictive of the final results of the trial; whether results from preclinical studies or earlier clinical studies will be predictive of the results of future trials; the expected timing of submissions for regulatory approval or review by governmental authorities; regulatory approvals to conduct trials or to market products; whether Magenta's cash resources will be sufficient to fund Magenta's foreseeable and unforeseeable operating expenses and capital expenditure requirements; risks, uncertainties and assumptions regarding the impact of the continuing COVID-19 pandemic on Magentas business, operations, strategy, goals and anticipated timelines, Magentas ongoing and planned preclinical activities, Magentas ability to initiate, enroll, conduct or complete ongoing and planned clinical trials, Magentas timelines for regulatory submissions and Magentas financial position; and other risks concerning Magenta's programs and operations are described in additional detail in its Annual Report on Form 10-K expected to be filed on or about March 3, 2021, its Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q and its other filings made with the Securities and Exchange Commission from time to time. Although Magenta's forward-looking statements reflect the good faith judgment of its management, these statements are based only on facts and factors currently known by Magenta. As a result, you are cautioned not to rely on these forward-looking statements. Any forward-looking statement made in this press release speaks only as of the date on which it is made. Magenta undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future developments or otherwise.
- Cellino Biotech developing tech to help scale stem cell therapies - MedCity News - April 14th, 2021
- Global Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell (iPS Cell) Industry Report 2021: Methods of Commercializing iPSCs are Diverse and Continue to Expand -... - April 14th, 2021
- A Massive New Gene Editing Project Is Out to Crush Alzheimer's - Singularity Hub - April 14th, 2021
- eQcell Inc Announces the Appointment of Members of the Board of Directors - BioSpace - April 14th, 2021
- Researchers Receive Grant to Improve Cellular Therapies to Treat 'Incurable' Diseases - University of Arkansas Newswire - April 14th, 2021
- Lonza Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Nucleofector Cell Transfection Platform - Technology Networks - April 14th, 2021
- New consortium aims to accelerate development of stem cell-based therapies for Huntingtons disease - News-Medical.Net - April 10th, 2021
- Strengthening the Stem Cell Industry Through Better Regulation - The Regulatory Review - April 10th, 2021
- Global Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell (iPS Cell) Industry Report 2021: Research, Patents, Funding Events, Industry Partnerships, Biomedical... - April 10th, 2021
- Stem Cell Transplantation May Be Offered Less Often as a Treatment Option for Some Patients with Mantle Cell Lymphoma - Curetoday.com - April 10th, 2021
- Real-time imaging shines light on the coordination of neural stem cell activation - News-Medical.net - April 10th, 2021
- Searching for Molecular Targets in Myeloid Malignancies and Beyond - OncLive - April 10th, 2021
- Fitore Nutrition Launches Spectrum + to Better the Lives of Children With Autism - Influencive - April 10th, 2021
- Cancer Stem Cells Market By Size Estimation, Growth Rate, Regional Analysis With with the CAGR of 11.0% Over the Forecast Period. KSU | The Sentinel... - April 10th, 2021
- global market for regenerative medicines is predicted to grow at a CAGR of 13.99% over the forecast period of 2020-2030 - GlobeNewswire - April 10th, 2021
- Adipose Derived Stem Cell Therapy Market New Business Opportunities And Investment Research Report 2020-2027 | Coherent Market Insights KSU | The... - April 10th, 2021
- Celularity Announces Multiple Presentations at the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) Annual Meeting 2021 - GlobeNewswire - April 10th, 2021
- New local publication and book-signing event - Bowling Green Daily News - April 6th, 2021
- Human blastocyst-like structures generated entirely from pluripotent stem cells. Shifting the paradigm of developmental biology? - ESHRE - April 3rd, 2021
- Comprehensive Report on Stem Cell Therapy Market 2021 | Size, Growth, Demand, Opportunities & Forecast To 2026 | Cellular Dynamics... - April 3rd, 2021
- New approach to CAR T gene therapy yields efficient and longer-lasting response against HIV - News-Medical.Net - April 3rd, 2021
- New research offers hope to women with POI - Austin Daily Herald - Austin Herald - April 3rd, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy Market to Witness Strong Growth Over 2021-2027 | Key Manufacturers Overview- Osiris Therapeutics, NuVasive, Chiesi Pharmaceuticals,... - April 3rd, 2021
- The entelechy test: embryos and simbryos - BioNews - March 30th, 2021
- Multiple sclerosis: Recent research on causes and treatments - Medical News Today - March 30th, 2021
- Global Regenerative Medicine Conference, NCRM NICHE with Fujio Cup Quiz (FCQ), E-poster and Edogawa NICH - Times of India - March 30th, 2021
- Study: Anti-Inflammatory Therapies Could Reduce Heart Disease Risk in Elderly Patients With Clonal Hematopoiesis - Pharmacy Times - March 30th, 2021
- Can This New Electrophysiology Technology Boost Neurology Research? - Labiotech.eu - March 30th, 2021
- Stem Cell Characterization and Analysis ToolMarket Size, Share, Industry Analysis, Forecast and Global Research Report to 2027 - The Market Eagle - March 30th, 2021
- Researchers describe the systems that manage embryonic stem cells - Microbioz India - March 26th, 2021
- Cell therapy player Fate Therapeutics sees CSO and 12-year veteran Shoemaker retire - FierceBiotech - March 26th, 2021
- Stem cells - a mix of promise and hype - ABC News - March 26th, 2021
- Global Vaccine, Insulin and Stem Cell Market Research Report Covers, Future Trends, Past, Present Data and Deep Analysis 2020-2026 The Bisouv Network... - March 26th, 2021
- Stem cell therapy could help restore debilitating age-related muscle loss - News-Medical.Net - March 24th, 2021
- Cell Culture: Disrupting the Meat Industry - Open Access Government - March 24th, 2021
- Canine Stem Cell Therapy Market Research and New Developments 2021-2026 KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - March 24th, 2021
- Two In-Space Production Applications and Calls for Proposals Announced - Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News - March 24th, 2021
- Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation (HSCT) Market 2020-2027 Onset of Advanced Technologies to Upsurge the Growth The Courier - The Courier - March 24th, 2021
- Trending News: Stem Cell Cartilage Regeneration Market New Research Report 2021 to 2027| Anika Therapeutics, Zimmer Biomet, BioTissue Technologies -... - March 24th, 2021
- Researchers Have Grown 'Human Embryos' From Skin Cells. Is It Ethical? - The Wire Science - March 20th, 2021
- Stem cell therapy could help bear recover from painful disease - FOX 35 Orlando - March 20th, 2021
- The J&J vaccine was developed with stem cells. Thats caused confusion and division among Catholics. - OregonLive - March 20th, 2021
- Adipose-derived Stem Cell Overview Market Trend, Growth, Size, Forecast, Key Players and Competitive Landscape Research Report by2027 The Courier -... - March 20th, 2021
- Scientists Grow Tear Gland Organoids That Can Actually Cry - Freethink - March 20th, 2021
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Stem Cell Therapy Market Predicted to Witness Surge in the Near Future 2018 to 2028 KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - KSU | The... - March 18th, 2021
- Catholic opinions on Johnson & Johnson vaccine highlight debate between hardliners on abortion and others in the church - Fairfield Citizen - March 18th, 2021
- Original Error: Retracing the History of the Mutation That Gave Rise to Cancer Decades Later - SciTechDaily - March 11th, 2021
- Super-resolution system microscopy can reveal pluripotency and differentiation of live stem cells - News-Medical.net - March 11th, 2021
- New multi-faculty Centre for Cell Therapy Translation gives UCalgary skin in the game for regenerative medicine research - UCalgary News - March 11th, 2021
- Policymakers urged to extend the 14-day limit on embryo research - BioNews - March 11th, 2021
- The Sacramento Business Journal announced that Cate Dyer, CEO, and founder of StemExpress, has been selected as one of SBJ's 2021 Most Admired CEOs -... - March 11th, 2021
- Coronavirus Insights: Ongoing Updates Covering The Impact On Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell Market - The Courier - March 11th, 2021
- Longeveron and University of Miami Expand Exclusive License Agreement, and Enter into CRADA To Facilitate Future Collaborations - GlobeNewswire - March 11th, 2021
- Adipose Stem Cells (ASCS) Market 2021 Global Analysis and Outlook: LifeCell, EMD Millipore, Geron, BrainStorm Cell Therapeutics, Minerva... - March 11th, 2021
- Stem cells: Therapy, controversy, and research - March 5th, 2021
- Human embryo research beyond the primitive streak - Science - March 5th, 2021
- Research Antibodies Market Size to Reach USD 5325.8 Million by 2027 | Increasing R&D Activities in the Fields of Oncology, Neurobiology, and Stem... - March 5th, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Research Reveals Enhanced Growth During The Forecast Period 2017 2025 FLA News - FLA News - March 5th, 2021
- Astrocytes Derived from Patients with Bipolar Disorder Malfunction - UC San Diego Health - March 5th, 2021
- Global Stem Cell Therapy Market Booming Market To Hit $ 18.66 Billion By 2027 With Top Key Players Osiris Therapeutics, Inc. (US), MEDIPOST Co., Ltd.... - March 5th, 2021
- Stem Cell Derived Exosome Production in Stirred-Tank Bioreactors - BioProcess Insider - March 5th, 2021
- Researchers study iPSCs to uncover genetic causes of disease - Drug Target Review - March 5th, 2021
- Moderna Hires Harvard Stem Cell Researcher Jonathan Hoggatt as Director of Hematology: What You Need to Know - Benzinga - March 5th, 2021
- Intrapericardial injection provides a less invasive means of treating cardiac injury - News-Medical.Net - March 5th, 2021
- Individualized brain cell grafts reverse Parkinson's symptoms in monkeys - University of Wisconsin-Madison - March 3rd, 2021
- New Controversy for Stem Cell Therapy That Repairs Spinal Cords - The Great Courses Daily News - March 3rd, 2021
- Cell Therapy Company Raises $160 Million to Advance iPSC-Derived Therapies to Clinic - BioSpace - March 3rd, 2021
- NSAIDs to Treat Arthritic Canines Through 2028; Stem Cell Therapies to Invigorate Canine Arthritis T - PharmiWeb.com - March 3rd, 2021
- A region within GLI1 gene could potentially be targeted as cancer treatment - News-Medical.Net - March 3rd, 2021
- Global Animal Stem Cell Therapy Market 2020 2025 Research Report Segment Outlook, Growth Potentials and Analysis of COVID-19 Worldwide Outbreak KSU... - March 3rd, 2021
- Global Autologous stem cell and Non-stem cell based Therapies Market- Industry Analysis, Growth, Segmentation and Forecast-2019-2027 - The Bisouv... - March 3rd, 2021
- Stem Cell manufacturing Market Witness an Outstanding Growth and Strong Revenue and Forecast 2027 KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - KSU | The Sentinel... - March 3rd, 2021
- New study launches into COVID-19 vaccine responses in patients with impaired immune systems - University of Birmingham - March 3rd, 2021
- U. Cancer Center pilot projects: investigating cancer connections - The Brown Daily Herald - March 3rd, 2021
- Animal Stem Cell Therapy Market Size 2021 | Global Trends, Business Overview, Challenges, Opportunities and Forecast to 2027 The Bisouv Network - The... - March 1st, 2021
- Human Lung and Brain Organoids Respond Differently to SARS-CoV-2 Infection in Lab Tests - UC San Diego Health - March 1st, 2021
- Contemporary Critical Care Complications of Stem Cell Transplant/Cellular Therapies - TMC News - Texas Medical Center News - March 1st, 2021
- Global Human Embryonic Stem Cells Market Size-Share Analysis and System Production | Addressing the Potential Impact of COVID-19 Top Companies FLA... - February 21st, 2021
- Studies Show ApoE4 Carriers Appear More Susceptible to COVID-19Experts Say the Jury Is Still Out - Being Patient - February 21st, 2021
- Global Stem Cell Therapy Market 2020 | Demand and Scope with Outlook, Business Strategies, Challenges and Forecasts to 2025 KSU | The Sentinel... - February 19th, 2021