Magenta Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MGTA), a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing novel medicines to bring the curative power of stem cell transplant to more patients, today announced that data across the portfolio will be presented at the American Society of Hematology (ASH) annual meeting, to be held December 5-8, 2020.
These data demonstrate the progress of our clinical and preclinical pipeline to expand patient eligibility to safely and effectively benefit from a potentially curative stem cell transplant, said John Davis Jr., M.D., M.P.H., M.S., Head of Research & Development and Chief Medical Officer, Magenta Therapeutics. Our ASH presentations give insight into the significant impact our mobilization and conditioning programs stand to make for a broad range of patient populations. We look forward to advancing this pipeline further in 2021, with several anticipated data milestones ahead.
Oral Presentation Showcasing Clinical Data of MGTA-145 Stem Cell Mobilization Program:
Magenta is developing MGTA-145 to be the first-line therapy for same-day mobilization and collection of hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs) for transplant, to enable successful rebuilding of the blood and immune system. MGTA-145 has the potential to be used across a broad range of diseases, including genetic diseases, such as sickle cell disease, as well as blood cancers, and autoimmune diseases.
All primary and secondary endpoints were met in the MGTA-145 Phase 1 trial in healthy volunteers completed earlier this year. By the end of 2020, Magenta intends to initiate multiple Phase 2 clinical trials of MGTA-145. These trials, including both allogeneic and autologous transplant settings across multiple diseases, are intended to evaluate mobilization and collection of functional hematopoietic stem cells and engraftment of these cells in patients after transplant.
Title: MGTA-145, in Combination with Plerixafor in a Phase 1 Clinical Trial, Mobilizes Large Numbers of Human Hematopoietic Stem Cells and a Graft with Immunosuppressive Effects for Allogeneic Transplant (Oral Abstract #184) Presenting Author: Steven M. Devine, MD, Center for International Blood and Marrow Transplant Research, National Marrow Donor Program / Be The Match Date and Time of Oral Presentation: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 12:15pm PT
These clinical data provide further confirmation that MGTA-145, in combination with plerixafor, provides a rapid and reliable method to obtain large numbers of functional hematopoietic stem cells for both autologous and allogeneic stem cell transplantation with preclinical data demonstrating enhanced engraftment and reduced Graft-versus-Host disease (GvHD).
Preclinical Data from Magentas Antibody-Drug Conjugate Conditioning Programs
Pre-transplant patient conditioning is a critical component necessary to prepare a patients body to receive the edited cells, which carry the corrected gene and must engraft in the patients bone marrow to be effective. Targeted antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs) are designed to selectively and rapidly remove disease-causing cells in the body and enable immune and blood system reset and long-term engraftment, without the need for aggressive chemotherapy or radiation.
Magenta expects to generate initial clinical data in 2021 in MGTA-117, the Companys clinical candidate for ADC-based conditioning for stem cell transplant and gene therapy and its most advanced conditioning program.
Title: A Single Dose of a Novel Anti-Human CD117-Amanitin Antibody Drug Conjugate (ADC) Engineered for a Short Half-life Provides Dual Conditioning and Anti-Leukemia Activity and Extends Survival Compared to Standard of Care in Multiple Preclinical Models of Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) (Abstract #1044) Presenting Author: Leanne Lanieri, M.S., Magenta Therapeutics Date and Time to View Poster Presentation: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 7:00am to 3:30pm PT
These preclinical data show that a single dose of MGTA-117, a targeted ADC, was effective as a conditioning agent for transplant, and significantly decreased peripheral tumor burden leading to delayed tumor growth and increase median survival rates. MGTA-117 has potential to serve as an effective, potent conditioning and anti-leukemia agent, improving HSCT outcomes in patients with acute myeloid leukemia (AML). MGTA-117 was well-tolerated in all three AML xenograft models, both as a single- and multi-dose regimen.
Title: Single Agent CD45-Targeted Antibody Drug Conjugate Enables Full Mismatch Allogeneic Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation in a Murine HSCT Model (Abstract #2330) Presenting Author: Bruce Blazar, M.D., Regents Professor of Pediatrics in the Division of Blood and Marrow Transplantation, University of Minnesota Date and Time to View Poster Presentation: Sunday, December 6, 2020, 7:00am to 3:30pm PT
Magentas CD45-ADC program targets CD45, a protein expressed on immune cells and blood stem cells and is designed to remove the cells that cause autoimmune diseases to enable curative immune reset. Magenta has identified a lead antibody for its CD45-ADC program for blood and immune system reset and IND-enabling work continues to advance.
Preclinical data in this abstract show that a single dose of CD45-ADC for conditioning enabled complete chimerism in a fully mismatched allogeneic HSCT model, which may provide a reduced toxicity conditioning regimen for patients with malignant and non-malignant blood disorders, among other diseases.
Title: Reversing Clonal Hematopoiesis and Associated Atherosclerotic Disease by Targeted Antibody Drug Conjugate (ADC) Conditioning and Transplant (Abstract #1843) Presenting Author: Karin Gustafsson, Ph.D., Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard University Date and Time to View Poster Presentation: Sunday, December 6, 2020, 7:00am to 3:30pm PT
Title: MGTA-145/Plerixafor-Mediated HSC Mobilization and Intravenous HDAd5/35++ Vector Injection into Mice Allows for Efficient in vivo HSC Transduction and Stable Gene Marking in Peripheral Blood Cells of CD46-Transgenic and Thalassemia Mice (Abstract #2602) Presenting Author: Chang Li, Ph.D., Division of Medical Genetics, Department of Medicine, University of Washington Date and Time to View Poster Presentation: Monday, December 7, 2020, 7:00am to 3:30pm PT
About Magenta Therapeutics
Magenta Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing medicines to bring the curative power of immune system reset through stem cell transplant to more patients with autoimmune diseases, genetic diseases and blood cancers. Magenta is combining leadership in stem cell biology and biotherapeutics development with clinical and regulatory expertise, a unique business model and broad networks in the stem cell transplant world to revolutionize immune reset for more patients.
Magenta is based in Cambridge, Mass. For more information, please visit http://www.magentatx.com.
Follow Magenta on Twitter: @magentatx.
This press release may contain forward-looking statements and information within the meaning of The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and other federal securities laws. The use of words such as may, will, could, should, expects, intends, plans, anticipates, believes, estimates, predicts, projects, seeks, endeavor, potential, continue or the negative of such words or other similar expressions can be used to identify forward-looking statements. The express or implied forward-looking statements included in this press release are only predictions and are subject to a number of risks, uncertainties and assumptions, including, without limitation risks set forth under the caption Risk Factors in Magentas Annual Report on Form 10-K filed on March 3, 2020, as updated by Magentas most recent Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q and its other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In light of these risks, uncertainties and assumptions, the forward-looking events and circumstances discussed in this press release may not occur and actual results could differ materially and adversely from those anticipated or implied in the forward-looking statements. You should not rely upon forward-looking statements as predictions of future events. Although Magenta believes that the expectations reflected in the forward-looking statements are reasonable, it cannot guarantee that the future results, levels of activity, performance or events and circumstances reflected in the forward-looking statements will be achieved or occur. Moreover, except as required by law, neither Magenta nor any other person assumes responsibility for the accuracy and completeness of the forward-looking statements included in this press release. Any forward-looking statement included in this press release speaks only as of the date on which it was made. We undertake no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by law.
Lyndsey Scull, Director, Corporate Communications, Magenta Therapeutics
Jill Bertotti, W2O Group
Go here to see the original:
- Global Cord Blood Corporation Reports Financial Results for the Second Quarter and First Half of Fiscal 2021 - Galveston County Daily News - November 25th, 2020
- Global Stem Cell Banking Market to Get Expansion admist COVID 19, Scope With Advanced Technologies Top Key Players and Forecast 2020-2027 - The... - November 25th, 2020
- Global Regenerative Medicine Market 2020-2025: Opportunities with the Implementation of the 21st Century Cures Act - Stockhouse - November 25th, 2020
- Application and Product Portfolio Analysis During the forecasted period of Stem Cell Banking Market - The Think Curiouser - November 20th, 2020
- Why Bank Cord Blood & Tissue? Is Banking Worth It? | Cryo-Cell - November 16th, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking | Michigan Center for Regenerative Medicine - November 16th, 2020
- Latest Study explores the Stem Cell Banking Market Witness Highest Growth in nea - GroundAlerts.com - November 6th, 2020
- Cord Stem Cell Banking Market 2020-2026 Global Share and Forecast Research | Global Players Lifecell, StemCyte India Therapeutics Pvt. Ltd, Viacord,... - November 6th, 2020
- Cell Expansion Market 2020 and Forecast 2021-2027 Includes Business Impact Analysis of COVID-19 - Eurowire - November 6th, 2020
- High Density Cell Banking Market 2020 Growing Demand, Top Companies, Innovative Technologies, Segmental Outlook and Industry Insights 2027 - Zenit... - November 6th, 2020
- Cell Banking Outsourcing Market Detailed analysis of current Industry figures with forecasts growth by 2028 | SGS Life Sciences, Lonza, CCBC,... - November 4th, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market Is Staring At A Promising Future During The Forecast Period Owing to Rapid Advances in Technology 2018 2026 - Aerospace... - November 2nd, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market to witness an impressive growth during the forecast pe - News by aeresearch - November 2nd, 2020
- Global Cord Blood Banking Market 2020 Growth Analysis with Production, Trends and Forecast up to 2027 - Illadel Graff Supply - November 2nd, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market to Witness an Outstanding Growth by 2028 PRnews Leader - PRnews Leader - October 29th, 2020
- Early Impacts of COVID-19 on Cancer Stem Cells Market Trends and Future Dynamics 2027 - The Think Curiouser - October 29th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market to Register Unwavering Growth During 2025 - The Think Curiouser - October 29th, 2020
- In-Depth Report on Canine Stem Cell Therapy Market 2020|by Top Key players Aratana Therapeutics, Okyanos, Magellan Stem Cells, Stem Cell Vet - The... - October 29th, 2020
- AgeX Therapeutics Sublicenses Stem Cell Line ESI-053 to ImStem Biotechnology for Development of Cell Therapy - Global Banking And Finance Review - October 29th, 2020
- Global Cell Banking Outsourcing Market Research Report 2020 Growing Demand, Business Opportunities, Competitive Analysis, Future Prospects and... - October 29th, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market from Key End-use Sectors to Surge in the Near Future - The Think Curiouser - October 22nd, 2020
- India Cord Stem Cell Banking Market is Projected to Grow Massively in Near Future - PRnews Leader - October 22nd, 2020
- Global Cord Blood Banking Services Market Expected to Reach Highest CAGR By 2026: Cord Blood America, California Cryobank Stem Cell Services LLC,... - October 22nd, 2020
- Cell Banking Outsourcing Market 2020 Progress Factors, Size, Share, Analysis and Forecast 2027 | Charles River Laboratories, Cryo-Cell International... - October 22nd, 2020
- Growing Focus on Product Innovation Likely to Impact the Growth of the Stem Cell Banking Market 2018 2026 - Aerospace Journal - October 22nd, 2020
- Cell Banking Outsourcing Market Report, History And Forecast 2020-2027, Breakdown Data By Manufacturers, Key Regions, Types And Application - PRnews... - October 22nd, 2020
- The COVID-19 Fallout: Cancer Stem Cells Market Key Growth Factors and Opportunities in 2020-2027 - The Think Curiouser - October 22nd, 2020
- Global Cord Blood Banking Services Market Expected to Reach xx.xx Mn By 2026 : Cord Blood America, California Cryobank Stem Cell Services LLC,... - October 18th, 2020
- Global Cell Banking Outsourcing Market Size 2020 Share, Trends, Growth Opportunities, Type, Application and Worldwide Forecast to 2024 - PRnews... - October 17th, 2020
- Banking wisdom: Teen saving stem cells in hopes of future treatment - LubbockOnline.com - October 14th, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market to witness an impressive growth during the forecast period 2020 2025 - Express Journal - October 14th, 2020
- Global Cell Banking Outsourcing Market Potential Growth, Share, Size, Demand and Analysis of Key Players Industry Research Forecasts to 2026 | SGS... - October 14th, 2020
- Global Stem Cell Banking Market 2015-2025 In-Depth Analysis, CO-VID 19 Impact on Industry Demands, Trends, Sales and Applications|CCBC, CBR, ViaCord,... - October 4th, 2020
- STEM CELL BANKING Market Potential Growth, Size, Share, Demand and Analysis of Key Players Research Forecasts to 2027 - The Daily Chronicle - October 2nd, 2020
- Cell Banking Outsourcing Market Research Provides an In-Depth Analysis on the Future Growth Prospects and Industry Trends Adopted by top key players... - October 2nd, 2020
- Abu Dhabi Stem Cells Center and Pluristem Unveil Joint Projects at Malta Conferences Foundation Online Event - Global Banking And Finance Review - October 2nd, 2020
- Global Stem Cell manufacturing Market Analysis 2020 With COVID 19 Impact Analysis| Leading Players, Business Prospects, In-depth Analysis Research... - September 20th, 2020
- Cord Stem Cell Banking Market Analysis 2020 With COVID 19 Impact Analysis| Leading Players, Business Prospects, In-depth Analysis Research Report... - September 20th, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market Analysis, Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities, Threats, Trends, Applications, And Growth Forecast To 2027 - Owned - September 13th, 2020
- India Cord Stem Cell Banking Market To Register Phenomenal Growth in the Period of 2019 2026 - Verdant News - September 13th, 2020
- Global Bio-Banks Market : Industry Analysis and Forecast (2019-2026) By Type, Product,Application,Analysis,and Region. - Galus Australis - September 3rd, 2020
- Innovative Report on Stem Cell Banking Market with Innovations, Competitive Analysis, New Business Developments and Top Companies Forecast to 2027 -... - September 3rd, 2020
- Global Cord Blood Banking Market 2020 with Analysis of 44 Industry Players - PRNewswire - September 3rd, 2020
- Global Cell Banking Outsourcing market 2020 Global Industry Size Estimation, Research Update, Future Scope, Latest Trend Analysis, Research Findings,... - September 3rd, 2020
- Global Stem Cell Banking Market with Covid-19 Effect Analysis, Growth, Research Findings, Type, Application, Element Global Trends and Forecast to... - August 31st, 2020
- Cord Blood & Cord Blood Banking: An Industry Overview 2020 - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - August 31st, 2020
- Global Stem Cell Banking Market Size To Witness A Lucrative Growth Over 2020-2026 - Bulletin Line - August 31st, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market IN COVID-19: IMPLICATIONS AND BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES FOR GROWTH GLOBALLY - Scientect - August 27th, 2020
- Global Cord Blood Corporation Reports Financial Results for the First Quarter of Fiscal 2021 - Stockhouse - August 27th, 2020
- At 8.4% CAGR, STEM CELL BANKING Market Size is Expected to Exhibit 11.2 Billion US$ by 2025 - Scientect - August 20th, 2020
- Global stem cell banking market Enhancement And Its growth prospects forecast 2020 to 2027 - Scientect - August 20th, 2020
- Placental Stem Cells (PSCS) Market 2020-2027 Reporting And Evaluation of Recent Industry Developments || Leading Players StemCyte India Therapeutics... - August 20th, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market Size, Share, Global Future Trend, Segmentation, Business Growth, Top Key Players, Opportunities and Forecast to 2027 - Owned - August 20th, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market Size By Product Analysis, By Application, By End-Users, By Regional Outlook, By Top Companies and Forecast to 2027 - Bulletin... - August 20th, 2020
- On the move at the OneAZ, Spencer Fane, UArizona - AZ Big Media - August 20th, 2020
- Erwinase Market Expected to Witness High Growth over the Forecast Period 2020 - - News.MarketSizeForecasters.com - August 20th, 2020
- Covid-19 Update : Cord Stem Cell Banking Market 2020 Next Big Thing | Global Players CBR Systems, - PharmiWeb.com - July 18th, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market Poised to Grow at a Healthy CAGR of XX% During the Forecast Period 2018 2026 - Jewish Life News - July 18th, 2020
- Global Stem Cell Banking Market 2020 Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updated Analysis By Product (Umbilical Cord Blood Stem Cell, Embryonic Stem Cell, Adult... - July 18th, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Storage Market Size By Product Analysis, Application, End-Users, Regional Outlook, Competitive Strategies And Forecast Up To 2026 -... - July 18th, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Storage Market Size, Production, Consumption, Export and Import, Growth Rate and Price Analysis by Types and Applications, Forecast... - July 18th, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market Regions And Top Key Players Analysis From 2020-2029 - Cole of Duty - July 11th, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market Growth By Manufacturers, Countries, Types And Application, End Users And Forecast To 2026 - 3rd Watch News - July 11th, 2020
- Cell Banking Outsourcing Market 2019 | Analyzing The Impact Followed By Restraints, Opportunities And Projected Developments | Industry Growth... - July 11th, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market Growth By Manufacturers, Type And Application, Forecast To 2026 - 3rd Watch News - July 6th, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market Global Industry Analysis and Opportunity and Forecast 2018 to 2028 - Cole of Duty - July 1st, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market Size, Analysis, Trends and Segmented Data by Top Companies and Opportunities 2020-2027 - Apsters News - July 1st, 2020
- Global Covid-19 impact on Stem Cell Banking Market Trends, Analysis by Application and Region by 2025| CCBC,CBR,ViaCord,Esperite - 3rd Watch News - July 1st, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market Report Explores Share, Development By Companies Outlook, Growth Prospects And 2021 Key Opportunities Forecast - Industry... - July 1st, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market: Predictable To Witness Sustainable Evolution over 2020-2030 - 3rd Watch News - July 1st, 2020
- Cord Blood Bank Market is expected to double its Market Size in Upcoming Years | Cordlife, Cryo-cell, Neostem, Virgin Health Bank, LifeCell - Apsters... - July 1st, 2020
- Bio Bank Market 2020: Challenges, Growth, Types, Applications, Revenue, Insights, Growth Analysis, Competitive Landscape, Forecast- 2025 - Cole of... - July 1st, 2020
- Global Cord Blood Corporation Reports Financial Results for the Fourth Quarter and Full Year of Fiscal 2020 - Stockhouse - July 1st, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market Recent Developments and Growth Strategies Adopted by Top Key Players Worldwide and Assessment to 2020-2025 - Cole of Duty - June 21st, 2020
- Global Stem Cell Market Study and Forecast 2020-2025: Oncology Disorders Expected to Exhibit the Fastest Growth Rate - ResearchAndMarkets.com -... - June 21st, 2020
- 15 Biotech Companies In Houston To Know - Built In - June 21st, 2020
- Global Stem Cell Banking Market to Improve Revenue to Reach US$ 2410 Million by 2025 - 3rd Watch News - June 19th, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market: Technological Innovations and Analysis Till 2030 - 3rd Watch News - June 16th, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Outsourcing Market Analysis, Top Manufacturers, Share, Growth, Statistics, Opportunities and Forecast To 2026 - Cole of Duty - June 16th, 2020
- Global Bone Marrow-Derived Stem Cells (BMSCS) Market (COVID 19 Impact Analysis) Data Highlighting Major Vendors, Promising Regions, Anticipated Growth... - June 16th, 2020