Cell therapyhas been identified as an effective method to regenerate damaged tissue.Bone marrow-derivedmononuclear cells (BM-MNCs)were first reportedon a therapeutic angiogenesis for treatment of the ischemic heart in 2000.And the abundant reserve of BM-MNCs in the bone marrow (BM)can avoid the problem ofin vitrocell expansion. Therefore, in the past decades bone marrow MNCs transplantation has been applied clinically forvarious ischemic diseases such as acute myocardial infarction, chronic ischemic cardiomyopathyand so on .
Bone marrowis a very heterogeneous compartment with multiple cellpopulations.The term BM-MNCis simply used to collectively denominate all cells present in BM whose nuclei are uninoculated or rounded and lack granules in the cytoplasm. These characteristics give the BM-MNCs a similar density and size, which is different from that of myeloid cells and red-cell progenitors, making them easy to separate by physical means. Among adult human bone marrow-derived mononuclear cells are hematopoietic progenitor cells at different stages of maturation as well as lymphoid cells (lymphocytes, plasmatic cells), monocytes, and macrophages. Furthermore, several cells of nonhematopoietic lineage, or which can differentiate into nonhematopoietic cells, have been identified in the mononuclear fraction of normal human adult BM. Among these are the side population cells, which present a phenotype and functionality characteristic of primitive stem cells having multipotent capacity; mesenchymal stromal cells; very small embryonic-like stem cells, which have characteristics similar to embryonic stem cells; multipotent adult progenitor cells; hemangioblasts (progenitor cells that are common for hematopoietic and vasculogenic lineages); endothelial progenitor cells (EPCs); and tissue-committed stem cells.
Generally, BM-MNCs are isolated by density gradient centrifugation in which Ficoll-Paque and Lymphoprep two different density gradient media are often used. It is demonstrated that Ficoll-Paque and Lymphoprep does not affect the composition and quantity of cell types of BM-MNCs.
Briefly, in the Ficoll protocol (used in the REPAIR-AMI trial), bonemarrow aspirates were diluted with 0.9% NaCl (1:5), were filtrated(100mm), and mononuclear cells were isolated by density gradientcentrifugation using Ficoll (800 g, 20 min, without brake).Mononuclear cells were washed three times with 45 mL PBS (800 g), were counted, and used for the experiments or incubated overnightat roomtemperature inX-vivo10 medium containing 20%autologous serum.
In the Lymphoprep protocol, bone marrow was diluted with 0.9% NaCl (1:5),filtrated, and isolated by density gradient centrifugation usingLymphoprep(800 g, 20 min, without brake). Mononuclear cells were washed three times with 45 mL 0.9% NaCl containing 1% autologous heparin-plasma (250 g), counted, and usedfor the experiments or incubated at 48C in 0.9% NaCl containing20% autologous heparin-plasma and 50 IU heparin. An illustrationof protocols is provided inFigure 1.
Figure 1. Isolation protocols at a glance. Bone marrow aspirates were divided and the same volume was used for isolation of BMNC according to the publishedLymphoprep (ASTAMI) or Ficoll (REPAIR-AMI) study protocols.
Isolated fractions were characterized by flow cytometry for hematopoietic stem cells, endothelial progenitor cells, T lymphocytes, B lymphocytes and NK cells using cell surface markers, respectively.
For the identification ofHSC populations, cells were incubated with fluorescein isothiocyanate (FITC)-labeled antibody against human CD45 and phycoerythrin (PE)-labeled antibody against human CD34 for 15 min at room temperature.
Endothelial progenitor cellswere analyzed by initially incubating samples with mouse serum IgG for 15 min at 4C to block nonspecific binding/specific binding via FcR.Following this, cells were incubated for 15 min at 4C with a cocktail of antibodies comprising allophycocyanin (APC)labeled antibody to CD133 and PE-labeled antibody to VEGFR2 to characterize EPCs and FITC-labeled monoclonal antibodies to CD2, CD13 and CD2 to identify and therefore eliminate inclusion of lineage-negative nonprogenitor cells. To ensure exclusion of nonviable cells in the final EPC count, cells were also incubated with a PerCPCy5- labeled 7AAD stain. Cells were then incubated for 15 min at room temperature with 2 ml of Pharm Lyse buffer to lyse RBCs. Samples were washed once in phosphate-buffered saline and 20 l of AccuCount flow cytometry beads were added before analysis.
Total lymphocyteswere identified by incubating for 15 min at room temperature with MultiTEST, multiclonal, four-color direct immunofluorescence reagent containing anti-bodies CD45-PerCP/ CD16+CD56-PE/CD3-FITC/CD19-APC to identify lymphocytes and the major subsets of NK, T and B cells, respectively .
BM-MNCs as a source of stem cells are injected into the heart to treat AMI. The regenerative potential of adult autologous SCs after AMI was assessed for the first time in 2001 by a German group. They used unfractionated bone marrow mononuclear stem cells, which contained both hematopoietic and nonhematopoietic cells, a protocol that was extensively used subsequently. After selective catheterization of the infarct-related artery, the cell suspension has been intracoronary injected. Ten weeks later, the infarct area had been notably reduced (from 24.6% to 15.7%); in addition, cardiac function had improved by 20%-30%. Accordingly, the authors concluded that intracoronary administration of human autologous adult bone marrow mononuclear stem cells is feasibly in clinical settings and that it can promote myocardial regeneration after transmural infarction .
Increasing evidence shows that administration of bone marrow MNCs is a potential treatment for various ischemic diseases, such as ischemic stroke. Cell transplantation using BM-MNCs has been well-documented to accelerate angiogenesis/neovascularizationin the several ischemic diseases. BM-MNCs contain endothelial progenitor cells (EPCs) that have been shown to contribute to revascularization of ischemic tissues and repair of injured endothelium. Furthermore, bone marrow MNCs may have an advantage because they contain several types of bone marrow cells, including hematopoietic stem cells and mesenchymal stem cells, which can produce large numbers of cytokines and trophic factors that promotecentral nervous systemrepair after stroke .
The experimental rationale for the use of bone marrow MNCs in stroke therapy includes a number of mechanisms of action, such as the modulation of local and systemic inflammation, promotion of angiogenesis and endogenous neurogenesis, differentiation into cell types that facilitate cellular repair processes, and secretion of neurotrophic factors from the acute phase to the chronic phase after stroke (Figure 2). The main mechanisms are considered to be angiogenesis and a reduction of endothelial damage .
Figure 2.Overview of proposed mechanism of cell-based stroke therapies.
BM-MNCs, the heterogeneous cell mixture, are widely used in cell-based therapy and regenerative medicine, which can promote distinct angiogenic properties, mediate vascular repair, express several cytoprotective growth factors and cytokines and restore pathologically altered genes after ischemic injury. BM-MNCs can be prepared rapidly within a few hours and be collected autologously just prior to administration, which could be advantageous in acute clinical care settings, compared with other cell sources, such as stem cells requiring a period of cell culture before transplantation.
Human Bone Marrow Mononuclear Cells are good resources for bone marrow related research. AcceGen provides the most authenticHuman Bone Marrow Mononuclear Cellsfor any specific research needs. Apart from Human Bone Marrow Mononuclear Cells,Non-human Primate Bone Marrow Mononuclear Cells,Canine Bone Marrow Mononuclear Cells, andother types of Human Bone Marrow Mononuclear Cellsare also provided in AcceGen.
It is our pleasure to help relative researches to move forward. All the products of AcceGen are strictly comply with international standards. For more detailed information, please visit our product portfolio or email@example.com.
 YangMei, ShengLingling, LiHua,et al:Improvement of the skin flap survival with the bone marrow-derived mononuclear cells transplantation in a rat model: Bone Marrow-Derived Mononuclear Cells.Microsurgery, 2010(30): 275-281.
 Natividad Cuende, Laura Rico, and Concha Herrera:Concise Review: Bone Marrow Mononuclear Cells for the Treatment of Ischemic Syndromes: Medicinal Product or Cell Transplantation?Stem Cells Transl Med, 2012 (5): 403-408.
 Florian H. Seeger, Torsten Tonn, Nicola Krzossok,et al:Cell isolation procedures matter: a comparison of different isolation protocols of bone marrow mononuclear cells used for cell therapy in patients with acute myocardial infarction.European Heart Journal, 2007(28): 766772.
Yeo, Saunders, Locca,et al.:Ficoll-Paque versus Lymphoprep: a comparative study of two density gradient media for therapeutic bone marrow mononuclear cell preparations.Regen. Med. 2009 (5): 689696
 Fabio S. Aguiar, Andr S. Melo, Ana Maria S. Arajo,et al:Autologous bone marrow-derivedmononuclear cell therapy in three patientswith severe asthma.Stem Cell Research & Therapy, 2020(11):167-175.
 Miruna Mihaela Micheu, Maria Dorobantu:Fifteen years of bone marrow mononuclear cell therapy in acute myocardial infarction.World J Stem Cells,2017 (4): 68-76.
 AKIKO NAKANO-DOI, TAKAYUKI NAKAGOM, MASATOSHI FUJIKAWA,et al:Bone Marrow Mononuclear Cells Promote Proliferation of Endogenous Neural Stem Cells Through Vascular Niches After Cerebral Infarction.STEM CELLS2010 (28):12921302
 Satoshi Suda, Chikako Nito, Shoji Yokobori,et al:Recent Advances in Cell-Based Therapies for Ischemic Stroke.Int. J. Mol. Sci.2020 (21) : 6718-6742
Read the original here:
- Heterogeneous expression of ACE2 and TMPRRS2 in mesenchymal stromal cells - DocWire News - November 27th, 2021
- American CryoStem Announces the Addition of John Schwartz, PhD to Its Advisory Board - Stockhouse - November 24th, 2021
- KU holds session on dynamics of health and research | The Academia - The Academia Mag - November 22nd, 2021
- Dutch stem cell biotech Neuroplast secures 10 million (US$ 11.5 million) in Series B funding to further advance its transformative stem cell therapy... - November 18th, 2021
- Direct Biologics, LLC Announces One Year Follow Up of Pilot Safety Study of ExoFlo for Treatment of Osteoarthritis in Combat-Related Injuries - Yahoo... - November 18th, 2021
- Low-Intensity Pulsed Ultrasound Promotes Osteogenic Differentiation of Reamer-Irrigator-Aspirator Graft-Derived Cells in Vitro - DocWire News - November 18th, 2021
- BRAINSTORM CELL THERAPEUTICS INC. Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations. (form 10-Q) -... - November 16th, 2021
- Nerve Repair with Help From Stem Cells | University of Pennsylvania Almanac - UPENN Almanac - November 9th, 2021
- Potential roles of mesenchymal stem cells and their exosomes in the treatment of COVID-19 - DocWire News - November 7th, 2021
- Exosomal miR-21-5p derived from bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells promote osteosarcoma cell proliferation and invasion by targeting PIK3R1 - DocWire... - November 7th, 2021
- Engineered Small Extracellular Vesicles as a FGL1/PD-L1 Dual-Targeting Delivery System for Alleviating Immune Rejection - DocWire News - November 7th, 2021
- Citius Pharmaceuticals Expands Management Team with Appointment of Kelly Creighton, PhD as Executive Vice President of Chemistry, Manufacturing and... - November 5th, 2021
- European Wellness Collaborates with Heidelberg University Germany to Conduct Efficacy Studies of Peptides and Cell Therapy Research - KEVN Black Hills... - November 3rd, 2021
- Erratum for the article The long-term fate of mesenchymal stem cells l | IJN - Dove Medical Press - November 3rd, 2021
- Global Stem Cell Characterization Kits Market 2021 Leading Strategies and Growth Status to 2027 Merck KGaA, Celprogen, Creative Bioarray, Thermo... - November 3rd, 2021
- BioRestorative Therapies Announces Implementation of Reverse Stock Split in Preparation for Planned Uplisting to Nasdaq - Yahoo Finance - November 1st, 2021
- Vitti Labs Announces FDA Approval of IND Application for Phase II Clinical Trial of Combination Mesenchymal Stem Cell and Exosome Treatment of Novel... - October 28th, 2021
- European Wellness Collaborates with Heidelberg University Germany to Conduct Efficacy Studies of Peptides and Cell Therapy Research - PRNewswire - October 28th, 2021
- Aiming for Global CDMO, Xcell Therapeutics opens an export route to 62 countries with cell therapy culture technology. - PRNewswire - October 28th, 2021
- Skeletal Muscle Regeneration by the Exosomes of Adipose Tissue-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells - DocWire News - October 28th, 2021
- Novel Stem Cell Therapy Approach Proves Effective in Treating COVID-19 - Asharq Al-awsat - English - October 28th, 2021
- Completion of Enrollment in Phase III Comparative Study for Investigational Regenerative Cellular Medicine (gMSC1) for Knee Chondrogenesis Using... - October 28th, 2021
- Managing superficial pyoderma with light therapy - DVM 360 - October 28th, 2021
- Global Mesenchymal Stem Cells Market Prospects, Upcoming Trends and Competitive Outlook till 2028 | Lonza, Thermo Fisher, Bio-Techne, ATCC,... - October 26th, 2021
- Bone Therapeutics Provides Third Quarter 2021 Business Update - GlobeNewswire - October 26th, 2021
- BioRestorative Therapies Announces Nomination of Two New Members to the Board of Directors - StreetInsider.com - October 26th, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy Market 2021 | What Is The Estimated Market Size In The Upcoming Years? | key players- Osiris Therapeutics, Inc, Pharmicell, Cynata,... - October 26th, 2021
- Mesenchymal Stem Cells Market Size Is Rapidly Increasing, Know The Key Reasons Behind The Growth | Key Players Lonza,Thermo Fisher,Bio-Techne. -... - October 21st, 2021
- Single Lgr5 stem cells build crypt-villus structures in ... - October 21st, 2021
- Kartogenin Promotes the BMSCs Chondrogenic Differentiation in Osteoarthritis by Down-Regulation of miR-145-5p Targeting Smad4 Pathway - DocWire News - October 21st, 2021
- Global Mesenchymal Stem Cells Market 2021 Comprehensive Insights, Growth and Forecast 2027 | Lonza, Thermo Fisher, Bio-Techne, ATCC IMIESA - IMIESA - October 19th, 2021
- Cellular Therapy in Oncology Market Latest Trends, Demands and Growing Business Opportunities 2017 to 2025 | TMR - Virtual-Strategy Magazine - October 19th, 2021
- Angiogenic effects of cell therapy within a biomaterial scaffold in a rat hind limb ischemia model - DocWire News - October 19th, 2021
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Stem Cell Therapy Market By Type (Allogeneic Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Bone Marrow Transplant, Adipose Tissue Stem Cells) and By... - October 15th, 2021
- Chitosan hydrogel/3D-printed poly(caprolactone) hybrid ... - October 15th, 2021
- Mesenchymal stem cells and COVID-19: What they do and what they can do - DocWire News - October 15th, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy Market Research Report by Cell Source, by Type, by Therapeutic Application, by End-User, by Region - Global Forecast to 2026 -... - October 15th, 2021
- Citius Pharmaceuticals to Host Investor Webcast to Discuss the Acquisition of Late Phase 3 Cancer Immunotherapy I/ONTAK (E7777) - Yahoo Finance - October 15th, 2021
- Stem cell population identified that is key for bone regeneration - EurekAlert - October 9th, 2021
- Nerve repair, with help from stem cells | Penn Today - Penn Today - October 9th, 2021
- Researchers identify a stem cell population with enhanced fracture healing and differentiation abilities - News-Medical.net - October 9th, 2021
- Mesenchymal Stem Cells Market is estimated to Rise Profitably during the Foreseeable Future - BioSpace - October 7th, 2021
- Stem cell & gene therapy to treat osteogenesis imperfecta: hype or hope - Open Access Government - October 7th, 2021
- Stem cells and their role in lung transplant rejection - Michigan Medicine - October 7th, 2021
- Knockdown of mesenchymal stem cellderived exosomal LOC100129516 suppresses the symptoms of atherosclerosis via upregulation of the PPAR/LXR/ABCA1... - October 7th, 2021
- Germany Approves Novel Cell Therapy Extracted from Skin - BioSpace - October 7th, 2021
- BrainStorm to Present at the 2021 Cell & Gene Meeting on the Mesa - KKCO-TV - October 5th, 2021
- Brazil investigates the use of stem cells in the treatment of covid-19 The Clare People - The Clare People - October 5th, 2021
- BrainStorm to Present Phase 2 Progressive MS Study Results in Oral Presentation at 37th Congress of ECTRIMS - StreetInsider.com - October 3rd, 2021
- Researchers report on new way to deliver healing stem cells to kidney injury patients - EurekAlert - October 3rd, 2021
- BrainStorm to Present Phase 2 Progressive MS Study Results in Oral Presentation at 37th Congress of ECTRIMS - Yahoo Finance - October 2nd, 2021
- CBMG Holdings Completes $120 Million in Series A Funding, Accelerating Development of CAR-T Therapy Pipelines and R&D for Innovative Solid Tumor... - October 2nd, 2021
- Bone Therapeutics signs research partnership with Implant - GlobeNewswire - September 29th, 2021
- Combination of Antioxidant Enzyme Overexpression and N-Acetylcysteine Treatment Enhances the Survival of Bone Marrow Mesenchymal Stromal Cells in... - September 29th, 2021
- Global Allogenic Stem Cell Therapy Market 2021 Size, Share, Growth and Regional Analysis by Segmentation and Country Forecast to 2028 - Digital... - September 29th, 2021
- Stem cell therapy for multiple sclerosis: Explanation and safety - Medical News Today - September 29th, 2021
- Bone Therapeutics in iPSC research partnership - BioPharma-Reporter.com - September 29th, 2021
- New Report On Exosome Therapeutic Market Global Trends and Demand 2021 to 2027 | Avalon Globocare Corp, CREATIVE MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY HOLDINGS INC, Stem... - September 25th, 2021
- Exosome Therapeutic Market 2021 Analysis by Latest COVID19 Impact with Market Positioning of Key Vendors Profile Stillwater Current - Stillwater... - September 25th, 2021
- Ex vivo stem cell treatment a promising therapy against MRSA - Drug Target Review - September 18th, 2021
- Comparative assessment of proliferation and immunomodulatory potential of Hypericum perforatum plant and callus extracts on mesenchymal stem cells... - September 14th, 2021
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Stem Cell Therapy Market to Flourish with an Impressive CAGR during 2021-2031; - PharmiWeb.com - September 10th, 2021
- Anti-inflammatory Effects of Mesenchymal Stem Cells and Their Secretomes in Pneumonia - DocWire News - September 10th, 2021
- A therapeutic convectionenhanced macroencapsulation device for enhancing cell viability and insulin secretion - pnas.org - September 10th, 2021
- Tech Moguls Splash Cash on Anti-Aging Tech - Sovereign Wealth Fund Institute - September 7th, 2021
- MeaTech Announces Filing of Provisional Patent Application for Differentiation of Stem Cells to Produce Cultured Fat - Yahoo Finance - September 2nd, 2021
- Retraction for the article A novel bispecific immunotoxin delivered by | DDDT - Dove Medical Press - September 2nd, 2021
- Mesenchymal Stem Cells Market Technology Research and Global Outlook 2021 to 2027 UNLV The Rebel Yell - UNLV The Rebel Yell - September 1st, 2021
- Athersys Shares Are Ready To Rumble Following Period Of Turmoil - Seeking Alpha - September 1st, 2021
- LifeNet Health features best-in-class orthobiologic solutions at AAOS Annual Meeting - PRNewswire - September 1st, 2021
- Corrigendum for the article Overexpression of HOXB4 Promotes Protectio | JIR - Dove Medical Press - August 30th, 2021
- Mesenchymal Stem/Stromal Cells and Their Derivates in Acute Diseases: Emergency in the Post-COVID-19 Times - DocWire News - August 28th, 2021
- Mesenchymal Stem Cells Market Analysis, Growth, Gross Margin Analysis, Key Vendors, Shares, Drivers And Forecast UNLV The Rebel Yell - UNLV The Rebel... - August 28th, 2021
- Dad with multiple sclerosis who fought for treatment in Panama during Covid restrictions finds first round is 'reaping rewards' - South West Londoner - August 25th, 2021
- Mesenchymal stem cell-based therapy and exosomes in COVID-19: current trends and prospects - DocWire News - August 23rd, 2021
- BioRestorative Therapies Awarded One of Top 10 Spine Device Companies by MedTech Outlook - OrthoSpineNews - August 23rd, 2021
- New Experiment on Mice Reveals a System for Burning Deep Stored Fat - Nature World News - August 23rd, 2021
- Extracellular vesicles, stem cells and the role of miRNAs in neurodegeneration - DocWire News - August 22nd, 2021
- GC wins regulatory nod for trials of psoriasis therapy - Korea Biomedical Review - August 20th, 2021
- Five Innovations in Cell-Based Therapy - Technology Networks - August 20th, 2021