- Results demonstrate significant cost benefits of using Motixafortide in combination with G-CSF as standard-of-care mobilization therapy for all multiple myeloma patients undergoing autologous stem cell transplantation -
- Results from pre-planned study, on top of highly significant and clinically meaningful results from Phase 3 GENESIS trial announced in May 2021, strongly support potential use of Motixafortide as standard of care in stem cell mobilization -
TEL AVIV, Israel, Oct. 13, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- BioLineRx Ltd. (NASDAQ: BLRX) (TASE: BLRX), a late clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on oncology, today announced positive results from a pharmacoeconomic study evaluating the cost-effectiveness of using investigational drug Motixafortide as a primary stem cell mobilization (SCM) agent on top of granulocyte colony stimulating factor (G-CSF), versus G-CSF alone, in multiple myeloma patients undergoing autologous stem cell transplantation (ASCT). The study was performed by the Global Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) team of IQVIA, and was a pre-planned study conducted in parallel with the GENESIS Phase 3 trial. These results, together with the highly significant and clinically meaningful data from the GENESIS trial, strongly support the potential use of Motixafortide, on top of G-CSF, as the standard of care in SCM for ASCT.
The study concluded that the addition of Motixafortide to G-CSF (the current standard of care) is associated with a statistically significant decrease in health resource utilization (HRU) during the ASCT process, compared to G-CSF alone. Based on the significantly higher number of mobilized cells and the lower number of apheresis sessions, lifetime estimates show quality-adjusted-life-year (QALY) benefits and net cost savings of ~$17,000 (not including the cost of Motixafortide), versus G-CSF alone. The study findings, combined with model estimates, suggest that the use of Motixafortide, on top of G-CSF, as the standard of care in mobilization for ASCT, could be a cost-effective option in the US, based on accepted willingness-to-pay (WTP) values for healthcare payers.
"The compelling cost savings identified by this rigorously designed study strongly support the Company's view that Motixafortide, in combination with G-CSF, can become the new standard of care as an upfront, or primary, therapy for all multiple myeloma patients undergoing autologous stem cell transplantation," stated Philip Serlin, Chief Executive Officer of BioLineRx. "Based on data from the GENESIS trial showing that nearly 90% of patients collected an optimal number of cells for transplantation following a single administration of Motixafortide and in only one apheresis session, versus less than 10% for G-CSF alone, the pharmacoeconomic study demonstrates that use of Motixafortide on top of G-CSF can save $17,000 per patient, not including the cost of Motixafortide. These cost savings should leave substantial room in the future to optimize our pricing strategy for Motixafortide at product launch and thereafter, if approved.
"It is also important to note that fewer administrations and apheresis sessions confer meaningful safety and time benefits to patients. In addition, the significantly higher median number of cells collected in one apheresis session ~11 million using Motixafortide on top of G-CSF versus ~2 million for G-CSF alone not only enables transplantation of an optimal number of cells, with the potential to significantly save on time to engraftment, it also permits the retention of enough cells for cryopreservation in the event that an additional transplantation is required in the future. Lastly, higher levels of certainty regarding the number of apheresis sessions required for mobilization could enable more efficient utilization of apheresis units at transplantation institutions, where there is often a shortage of available machines.
"We believe the data from the GENESIS study, together with the results from this pharmacoeconomic study, set Motixafortide apart from all other mobilization agents either currently available or in development. If approved, Motixafortide represents a significant advancement in SCM to the benefit of patients and payers alike, and, to that end, we remain on track to submit a New Drug Application (NDA) to the FDA in the first half of next year," Mr. Serlin concluded.
About the Pharmacoeconomic Study
The pharmacoeconomic study analyzed healthcare resource utilization (HRU) observed during the Phase 3 GENESIS trial, which randomized 122 patients into two arms: Motixafortide plus G-CSF (n=80) or placebo plus G-CSF (n=42). HRU data points collected include: (1) the number of Motixafortide and G-CSF doses, as well as the number of apheresis sessions performed, in primary mobilization; (2) the percentage of patients needing rescue mobilization due to poor primary mobilization, including the number of apheresis sessions needed and the number of G-CSF and plerixafor doses required; and (3) hospitalization costs related to conditioning and transplantation, including length of stay. Quality-adjusted life years gained (QALY) from published literature were also incorporated into the model. Motixafortide plus G-CSF was associated with a statistically significant HRU decrease during the autologous stem cell transplantation process compared to standard-of-care G-CSF alone. Given the higher number of mobilized cells and lower number of apheresis sessions, lifetime estimates show quality-adjusted-life-year (QALY) benefits and net cost savings of ~$17,000 (not including the cost of Motixafortide), versus the current standard of care.
About the GENESIS Phase 3 Trial
The GENESIS Phase 3 trial (NCT03246529) was initiated in December 2017. GENESIS was a randomized, placebo-controlled, multicenter study, evaluating the safety, tolerability and efficacy of Motixafortide and G-CSF, compared to placebo and G-CSF, for the mobilization of hematopoietic stem cells for autologous transplantation in multiple myeloma patients. The primary objective of the study was to demonstrate that only one dose of Motixafortide on top of G-CSF is superior to G-CSF alone in the ability to mobilize 6 million CD34+ cells in up to two apheresis sessions. Additional objectives included time to engraftment of neutrophils and platelets and durability of engraftment, as well as other efficacy and safety parameters. The study successfully met all primary and secondary endpoints with an exceptionally high level of statistical significance (p<0.0001), including approximately 90% of patients who mobilized the target number of cells for transplantation with only one administration of Motixafortide and in only one apheresis session.
About Stem Cell Mobilization for Autologous Stem Cell Transplantation
Autologous stem cell transplantation (ASCT) is part of the standard treatment paradigm for a number of blood cancers, including multiple myeloma, non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and other lymphomas. In eligible patients, ASCT is performed after initial (induction) therapy, and, in most cases, requires consecutive-day clinic visits for the mobilization and apheresis (harvesting) phases, and full hospitalization for the conditioning chemotherapy and transplantation phases until engraftment. The associated burden is therefore significant patients experience clinically relevant deteriorations in their quality of life during ASCT, and healthcare resource use throughout the ASCT phases is particularly intense. Therefore, new interventions impacting the ASCT process have the potential for relieving some of the clinical burden for transplanted patients, the logistical burden for the apheresis units, and the financial burden for healthcare providers and payers.
Described simply, ASCT consists of: (1) mobilizing the patient's own stem cells from his/ her bone marrow to the peripheral blood for removing (harvesting) via an apheresis procedure; (2) freezing and storing the harvested cells until they are needed for transplantation; (3) providing a conditioning treatment, such as high-dose chemotherapy or radiation, to kill the remaining cancer cells the day before transplant; and (4) infusing the stored stem cells back to the patient intravenously via a catheter.
To mobilize the patient's stem cells from the bone marrow to the peripheral blood for harvesting, the current standard of care includes the administration of 5-8 daily doses of granulocyte colony stimulating factor (G-CSF), and the performance of 1-4 apheresis sessions. For patients unable to mobilize sufficient numbers of cells for harvesting during this primary mobilization phase, rescue therapy is carried out, consisting of 1-4 doses of plerixafor on top of G-CSF, and the performance of an additional number of apheresis sessions as necessary. In light of this, an agent with superior mobilization activity may significantly reduce the mobilization and harvesting burden and associated risks of the ASCT process and lead to significant clinical and resource benefits.
BioLineRx Ltd. (NASDAQ/TASE: BLRX) is a late clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on oncology. The Company's business model is to in-license novel compounds, develop them through clinical stages, and then partner with pharmaceutical companies for further clinical development and/or commercialization.
The Company's lead program, Motixafortide (BL-8040), is a cancer therapy platform that was successfully evaluated in a Phase 3 study in stem cell mobilization for autologous bone-marrow transplantation, as well as reporting positive results from a pre-planned pharmacoeconomic study, and is currently in preparations for an NDA submission. Motixafortide was also successfully evaluated in a Phase 2a study for the treatment of pancreatic cancer in combination with KEYTRUDA and chemotherapy under a clinical trial collaboration agreement with MSD (BioLineRx owns all rights to Motixafortide), and is currently being studied in combination with LIBTAYO and chemotherapy as a first-line PDAC therapy.
BioLineRx is also developing a second oncology program, AGI-134, an immunotherapy treatment for multiple solid tumors that is currently being investigated in a Phase 1/2a study.
For additional information on BioLineRx, please visit the Company's website at http://www.biolinerx.com, where you can review the Company's SEC filings, press releases, announcements and events.
Various statements in this release concerning BioLineRx's future expectations constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements include words such as "may," "expects," "anticipates," "believes," and "intends," and describe opinions about future events. These forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties that may cause the actual results, performance or achievements of BioLineRx to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause BioLineRx's actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in such forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to: the initiation, timing, progress and results of BioLineRx's preclinical studies, clinical trials and other therapeutic candidate development efforts; BioLineRx's ability to advance its therapeutic candidates into clinical trials or to successfully complete its preclinical studies or clinical trials; BioLineRx's receipt of regulatory approvals for its therapeutic candidates, and the timing of other regulatory filings and approvals; the clinical development, commercialization and market acceptance of BioLineRx's therapeutic candidates; BioLineRx's ability to establish and maintain corporate collaborations; BioLineRx's ability to integrate new therapeutic candidates and new personnel; the interpretation of the properties and characteristics of BioLineRx's therapeutic candidates and of the results obtained with its therapeutic candidates in preclinical studies or clinical trials; the implementation of BioLineRx's business model and strategic plans for its business and therapeutic candidates; the scope of protection BioLineRx is able to establish and maintain for intellectual property rights covering its therapeutic candidates and its ability to operate its business without infringing the intellectual property rights of others; estimates of BioLineRx's expenses, future revenues, capital requirements and its needs for additional financing; risks related to changes in healthcare laws, rules and regulations in the United States or elsewhere; competitive companies, technologies and BioLineRx's industry; risks related to the COVID-19 pandemic; and statements as to the impact of the political and security situation in Israel on BioLineRx's business. These and other factors are more fully discussed in the "Risk Factors" section of BioLineRx's most recent annual report on Form 20-F filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on February 23, 2021. In addition, any forward-looking statements represent BioLineRx's views only as of the date of this release and should not be relied upon as representing its views as of any subsequent date. BioLineRx does not assume any obligation to update any forward-looking statements unless required by law.
Contact:Tim McCarthyLifeSci Advisors, LLCfirstname.lastname@example.org
Moran MeirLifeSci Advisors, LLCemail@example.com
View original content:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/biolinerx-announces-positive-results-from-pharmacoeconomic-study-positioning-motixafortide-as-potential-standard-of-care-in-stem-cell-mobilization-301399211.html
SOURCE BioLineRx Ltd.
Originally posted here:
- Here's Why Longeveron Is Surging Today - Motley Fool - December 4th, 2021
- Global Regenerative Medicine Partnering Report/Directory 2021: Terms and Agreements for 1600 Deals 2014-2 - Benzinga - December 4th, 2021
- CAR T-Cell Therapy Market is anticipated to reach US$ 2.8 Bn by 2031 - PRNewswire - December 4th, 2021
- Stem-cell implant prototypes pave the way towards life-long treatment for type 1 diabetes - ZME Science - December 3rd, 2021
- Certain Patients With Heart Failure May Benefit From Stem Cell Therapy - Pharmacy Times - December 3rd, 2021
- Humanigen Announces Conference Call and Webcast to Discuss Lancet Respiratory Medicine Publications and Provide a Corporate Update - Yahoo Finance - December 3rd, 2021
- Roundtable Discussion: Usmani and Participants Review Using Transplant and Combination Therapy in a Patient With Newly Diagnosed Multiple Myeloma -... - December 3rd, 2021
- Hematopoiesis and innate immunity: an inseparable couple for good and bad times, bound together by an hormetic relationship - DocWire News - December 3rd, 2021
- Reality of universal cancer prevention & cure - BSA bureau - December 3rd, 2021
- World Aids Day Improving the lives of everyone affected by HIV - QMUL - December 3rd, 2021
- Seres Therapeutics Announces First Patient Enrolled in Phase 1b Study of SER-155, an Investigational Microbiome Therapeutic to Reduce the Risk of... - December 3rd, 2021
- AVROBIO Presents Clinician Experience with FAB-GT Clinical Trial and Updated Safety Data for Investigational Gene Therapies in Fabry Disease and... - November 28th, 2021
- The questions surgical robots still need to answer - Becker's Orthopedic & Spine - November 24th, 2021
- Holiday Gift Guide 2021: The Best Wellness And Self-Care Essentials For Travel - Forbes - November 24th, 2021
- Investigating pathogens and their life cycles, for the benefit of society - MIT News - November 24th, 2021
- Mitigating Toxicities Will Position BCMA for Role in Triple-Class Refractory Multiple Myeloma - OncLive - November 24th, 2021
- Human Primary Cells Market 2021 | Know the Latest COVID19 Impact Analysis and Strategies of Key Players: Lonza, Thermo Fisher Scientific,... - November 21st, 2021
- Researcher Works for Diversity, Inclusion in Sciences, One Journal at a Time - Lab Manager Magazine - November 18th, 2021
- Raw Marijuana Won't Get You Stoned, But It Does Have Some Interesting Benefits - Benzinga - Benzinga - November 16th, 2021
- The 18 Best New November 2021 Skin-Care Launches That Deserve a Spot in Your Routine - Allure - November 16th, 2021
- Singapore Aims To Lead The World In Lab-Grown Meat - Intelligent Living - November 16th, 2021
- Dermarolling Your Scalp Is Proven to Increase Hair Growth and Thickness Here's How to Do It - Yahoo Lifestyle - November 15th, 2021
- Stem Cell Therapy for Heart Failure Reduces CV Events, Death in Select Patientsbut not Hospitalization - AJMC.com Managed Markets Network - November 15th, 2021
- JASPER THERAPEUTICS, INC. Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations (form 10-Q) - marketscreener.com - November 15th, 2021
- Week In Review: Zai Lab Announces Two In-Licensings With Total Value Of $800 Million - Seeking Alpha - November 15th, 2021
- Beam gets green light to begin first clinical test of base editing - BioPharma Dive - November 15th, 2021
- GlycoMimetics GMI-1359 Data Selected for Presentation at 63rd American Society of Hematology (ASH) Annual Meeting and Exposition - Galveston County... - November 15th, 2021
- Jasper Therapeutics to Present at the Credit Suisse 30th Annual Virtual Healthcare Conference - GlobeNewswire - November 11th, 2021
- Biotech Companies are Expanding the Frontiers of Engineered Cell Therapy - BioSpace - November 11th, 2021
- Fate Therapeutics Announces Abstract Highlighting FT538 and - GlobeNewswire - November 11th, 2021
- Poseida Therapeutics to Present Preclinical Data Highlighting Fully Allogeneic CAR-T Product Candidates at the Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer... - November 11th, 2021
- Affimed Reports Third Quarter 2021 Financial Results and Highlights Operational Progress - KULR-TV - November 11th, 2021
- Jasper Therapeutics to Present at the Credit Suisse 30th Annual Virtual Healthcare Conference - Yahoo Finance - November 9th, 2021
- CELLECTAR BIOSCIENCES, INC. Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations (form 10-Q) - marketscreener.com - November 9th, 2021
- Hoth Therapeutics Inks API and Drug Product Contracts with WuXi STA to Advance Manufacturing of HT-KIT Cancer Therapeutic - PRNewswire - November 9th, 2021
- Technology set to redesign the future of food as agriculture moves towards net zero - ABC News - November 9th, 2021
- MAGENTA THERAPEUTICS, INC. Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations. (form 10-Q) - marketscreener.com - November 5th, 2021
- Magenta Therapeutics Announces Data Presentations Related to its Mobilization and Conditioning Programs at the 2021 American Society of Hematology... - November 5th, 2021
- 15 Best Peptide Skin-Care Products 2021 for Smoother, Firmer, and Plumper Skin - Allure - November 5th, 2021
- Atara Biotherapeutics to Present Eight Abstracts at the 63rd American Society of Hematology (ASH) Annual Meeting, Including First Presentation of... - November 5th, 2021
- CRISPR Therapeutics Provides Business Update and Reports Third Quarter 2021 Financial Results - GlobeNewswire - November 5th, 2021
- Fate Therapeutics Announces Eight Presentations at the 2021 ASH Annual Meeting - The Bakersfield Californian - November 5th, 2021
- STEMTECH CORPORATION (OTC:GNTW) ANNOUNCES APPOINTMENT OF SANDRA KAZICKAITE TO THE ROLE OF VICE PRESIDENT OF GLOBAL PERFORMANCE - Yahoo Finance - November 3rd, 2021
- Assessing the benefits of stem cell research (column) - LNP | LancasterOnline - November 1st, 2021
- How to Test for Leukemia: What Are My Options? - Healthline - November 1st, 2021
- Exposed: The Plague Of Fake Medical Trials Putting Lives In Danger - Todayuknews - Todayuknews - November 1st, 2021
- To Reduce Stress and Boost Energy, Try Maca Root - The Beet - November 1st, 2021
- In Vitro Toxicology Testing Market Outlook 2021 Pricing Strategy, Industry Latest News, Top Company Analysis, Research Report Analysis and Share by... - November 1st, 2021
- Geron Enters New Innovative Licensing and Access Pathway in the United Kingdom for Imetelstat - Business Wire - November 1st, 2021
- Stem Cell Diseases: What Can Stem Cells Cure | stemcela.com - October 30th, 2021
- The Cost Of Stem Cell Therapy in 2021 | BioInformant - October 30th, 2021
- NIH Guidelines for Human Stem Cell Research | STEM Cell ... - October 30th, 2021
- Fi Europe 2021 innovation finalists mirror mega trends of plant based and sustainability - FoodNavigator.com - October 30th, 2021
- Types of Oncology Drugs - Healthline - October 28th, 2021
- Medical Innovation In Pet Healthcare Is Taking Things Up a Notch - Entrepreneur - October 28th, 2021
- BIOHAVEN ENROLLS PHASE 1A/1B CLINICAL TRIAL OF BHV-1100, LEAD ASSET FROM ITS ARM (ANTIBODY RECRUITING MOLECULE) PLATFORM, IN COMBINATION WITH NK CELL... - October 28th, 2021
- Researchers discover a way to increase the effectiveness of antibiotics - EurekAlert - October 28th, 2021
- Fresh Bros: Exploring the Top Five Health Benefits of Turmeric Extract with BioPerine - GlobeNewswire - October 28th, 2021
- All hopes to save the northern white rhinos now rest on a single female - ZME Science - October 23rd, 2021
- AVROBIO Reports New Interim Safety Data Across Investigational Gene Therapies for Fabry and Gaucher Disease Type 1 - StreetInsider.com - October 21st, 2021
- CDMO: The Rise of End-to-End Services - Marketscreener.com - October 21st, 2021
- MeiraGTx Announces the Presentation of Two Novel Inherited - GlobeNewswire - October 21st, 2021
- Current status of drug repositioning in hematology - DocWire News - October 19th, 2021
- Is Fresh Breast Milk Better for Preemies Than Pumped and Stored? - UMass News and Media Relations - October 19th, 2021
- Vertex Announces Positive Day 90 Data for the First Patient in the Phase 1/2 Clinical Trial Dosed With VX-880, a Novel Investigational Stem... - October 19th, 2021
- Headband Could Beat Insomnia By Zapping The Brain While Sufferers Wear It For 20 Minutes At Bedtime - - Todayuknews - October 19th, 2021
- Misinformation on stem cell treatments for COVID-19 linked to overhyped science, researchers argue - EurekAlert - October 17th, 2021
- FDA Approves Genentech's Tecentriq as Adjuvant Treatment for Certain People With Early Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer - BioSpace - October 17th, 2021
- Nic Chapman: my MS battle and the treatment that's given me hope - The Times - October 17th, 2021
- Dream Body Clinic Stem Cell Therapy Stem Cells HGH - October 13th, 2021
- Hematopoietic Stem Cells - October 13th, 2021
- 3D printing: Healthcare insiders' view on the tech - Verdict - October 13th, 2021
- Top 10 Best Stem Cell Supplement Brands - Healthtrends - October 13th, 2021
- Mitochondrial superoxide dismutase overexpression and low oxygen conditioning hormesis improve the performance of irradiated sterile males |... - October 13th, 2021
- Researchers uncover how cancer cells use sugar residue to evade the immune system - News-Medical.net - October 13th, 2021
- The science and practicality of cultured meat The Stute - The Stute - October 11th, 2021
- Vitro Biopharma Inc. July 31st 2021; 3rd Quarter ended Financial Results of Operations and Shareholder Le - Benzinga - October 11th, 2021
- Want To Support Healthy Bones? It's Time To Get Your Vitamin D In Check - mindbodygreen.com - October 11th, 2021
- Joint : Why Breast Cancer Awareness Matters, and How to Get It Done - marketscreener.com - October 11th, 2021
- Faster healing of wounds can decrease pain and suffering and save lives - KY3 - October 7th, 2021