The Malta Conferences address the shared desire to improve quality of life and political stability in the Middle East through scientific collaboration
HAIFA, Israel, Oct. 01, 2020 On Wednesday, September 30, 2020, Pluristem Therapeutics Inc. (Nasdaq:PSTI) (TASE:PSTI), a leading Israeli regenerative medicine company developing a platform of novel biological products, and the Abu Dhabi Stem Cells Center (ADSCC) unveiled their first joint projects in a presentation at the Malta Conferences Foundation, a global conference supported by the kENUP Foundation, a global promoter of research-based innovation with public and societal benefit.
Pluristem and ADSCC presented the new projects, part of the recently signed Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) aimed at harnessing the power of regenerative medicine.
The first joint project brings together the expertise and knowledge of Pluristem and ADSCC to advance a potential COVID-19 treatment. The project will involve the first-time administration of Pluristems PLX cells via a nebulizer, a drug delivery device that helps a patient inhale a medication through a mask or mouthpiece, to COVID-19 patients. The collaboration will allow ADSCC to expand its stem cell therapy options using Pluristems novel PLX cells, while enabling Pluristem to leverage ADSCCs nebulizer administration experience to develop a new treatment delivery model for PLX cells. ADSCC has reported effectively using nebulizers to treat patients suffering from COVID-19 infection with stem cells sourced from the patients own blood.
Further discussions for additional projects are underway, including for the potential collaboration in chronic Graft Versus Host Disease (cGvHD), a life-threatening immune response of the donors stem cells against the host (patient).
The parties presented the joint projects to a distinguished audience at the Malta Conferences Foundation, including Nobel Laureates, scientists, and diplomats. The foundations mission is to address the shared desire to improve the quality of life and political stability in the Middle East by identifying unique opportunities for collaboration to meet the scientific and technological challenges of the region.
I am delighted by the opportunity to convene this important meeting. The Malta Conferences are the only platform in the world where scientists from 15 Middle East countries, Morocco and Pakistan can get together under the same roof with several Nobel Laureates. They develop collaborations and friendship which overcome the chasms of distrust and intolerance. said Prof. Zafra Lerman, President of Malta Conferences Foundation.
Embarking on this journey with Pluristem, to overcome one of this generations most complex medical challenges, marks an exciting new chapter full of possibilities when it comes to knowledge sharing and medical innovation. Our partnership speaks volumes about the power of collaboration between partners across previously divided borders.While we simply do not yet know the long-term impact, the novel coronavirus will have on recovered patients, by working together we believe that we are able to leverage the best medical technologies and minds in the region to develop solutions to prevent and treat the lingering symptoms and long-term complications that are emerging, saidDr. Yendry Ventura, General Manager of ADSCC.
We were very honored to unveil our first joint projects with the ADSCC at the Malta Conferences Foundation. We see our partnership as a movement between Israel and the UAE, which we hope will lay the foundation for future collaborations that will help potentially bring change to our region and the entire world. As we work together to develop regenerative medicine for key unmet medical needs of benefit to patients around the world, we are excited for the future and its possibilities, stated Pluristem CEO and President Yaky Yanay.
Two world-class players in the field of cell therapy join forces and cooperate on the fight of COVID-19. May this courageous cooperation serve as an example to the world, says kENUP Foundations Executive Chairman, Holm Keller.
About Malta Conferences The foundations mission is to address the shared desire to improve quality of life and political stability in the Middle East by identifying unique opportunities for collaboration to meet the scientific and technological challenges of the region. The Malta Conferences deal with issues of science education, air and water quality, and alternative energy sources, among other topics of mutual interest. Global leaders have recognized that science diplomacy is an extremely important mechanism for working toward stability in the Middle East, and this is what the Malta Conferences have done for the past 17 years.
About Abu Dhabi Stem Cells Center Abu Dhabi Stem Cells Center (ADSCC) is an Abu Dhabi-based specialist healthcare center focused on cell therapy and regenerative medicine, as well as delivering cutting-edge research on stem cells in the region. The Center was founded in March 2019 to meet growing domestic and regional demand for highly specialized medical services and treatments. Equipped with the latest technologies, medical devices which are unique to the region, and a team of internationally recognized doctors working hand in hand with researchers, ADSCC is the first of its kind in the UAE. ADSCC specialties include immunology, hematology, clinical stem cell therapy, molecular biology, immunotherapy, orthopedics, and urology amongst others.
About kENUP Foundation kENUP is a global partnership in innovation, promoting research-based innovation for Europe with public and societal benefit. It is a not-for-profit organization established as a foundation in the Republic of Malta by Public Deed on November 6, 2014. kENUPs activities are published in the European Transparency Register.The Foundation supports European corporations active in industries with substantive underlying market failures bypreparing corporate innovation programs for an investment by theEuropean Investment Bank(EIB), or by other publicinvestmentbanks in the EU, often in close collaboration with private or venture investors.
About Pluristem Therapeutics Pluristem Therapeutics Inc. is a leading regenerative medicine company developing novel placenta-based cell therapy product candidates. The Company has reported robust clinical trial data in multiple indications for its patented PLX cell product candidates and is currently conducting late stage clinical trials in several indications. PLX cell product candidates are believed to release a range of therapeutic proteins in response to inflammation, ischemia, muscle trauma, hematological disorders and radiation damage. The cells are grown using the Companys proprietary three-dimensional expansion technology and can be administered to patients off-the-shelf, without tissue matching. Pluristem has a strong intellectual property position; a Company-owned and operated GMP-certified manufacturing and research facility; strategic relationships with major research institutions; and a seasoned management team.
Safe Harbor Statement This press release contains express or implied forward-looking statements within the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and other U.S. Federal securities laws. For example, Pluristem is using forward-looking statements when it discusses its first project with ADSCC and that such collaboration will allow ADSCC to expand its stem cell therapy options using its novel PLX cells, while enabling it to leverage ADSCCs nebulizer administration experience to develop a new treatment delivery model for PLX cells, potential future projects with ADSCC, including the potential collaboration in chronic GvHD, the belief that it and ADSCC are able to leverage the best medical technologies and minds in the region to develop solutions to prevent and treat the lingering symptoms and long-term complications that are emerging and that it sees its partnership with ADSCC as a movement between Israel and the UAE, which it hopes will lay the foundation for future collaborations that will help potentially bring change to its region and the entire world. These forward-looking statements and their implications are based on the current expectations of the management of Pluristem only, and are subject to a number of factors and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those described in the forward-looking statements. The following factors, among others, could cause actual results to differ materially from those described in the forward-looking statements: changes in technology and market requirements; Pluristem may encounter delays or obstacles in launching and/or successfully completing its clinical trials; Pluristems products may not be approved by regulatory agencies, Pluristems technology may not be validated as it progresses further and its methods may not be accepted by the scientific community; Pluristem may be unable to retain or attract key employees whose knowledge is essential to the development of its products; unforeseen scientific difficulties may develop with Pluristems process; Pluristems products may wind up being more expensive than it anticipates; results in the laboratory may not translate to equally good results in real clinical settings; results of preclinical studies may not correlate with the results of human clinical trials; Pluristems patents may not be sufficient; Pluristems products may harm recipients; changes in legislation may adversely impact Pluristem; inability to timely develop and introduce new technologies, products and applications; loss of market share and pressure on pricing resulting from competition, which could cause the actual results or performance of Pluristem to differ materially from those contemplated in such forward-looking statements. Except as otherwise required by law, Pluristem undertakes no obligation to publicly release any revisions to these forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances after the date hereof or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events. For a more detailed description of the risks and uncertainties affecting Pluristem, reference is made to Pluristems reports filed from time to time with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Contact: Dana Rubin Director of Investor Relations 972-74-7107194 [emailprotected]
See the original post here:
- Stem cell company asked to compensate couple - Times of India - July 31st, 2021
- Cell Banking Outsourcing Market Production, Consumption, Worldwide Business, Revenue, Price Trend by Product Type, Analysis by 2027 The Manomet... - July 31st, 2021
- LifeCell International appoints Mullen Lintas as their creative partner - ETBrandEquity.com - July 31st, 2021
- Worldwide Stem Cell Banking Industry to 2026 - Featuring CBR Systems, Cordlife and Lifecell Among Others - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - July 17th, 2021
- Stem Cells Market Key Players, Competitive Landscape, Growth, Statistics, Revenue and Industry Analysis Report by 2027 The Manomet Current - The... - July 13th, 2021
- Shawn Johnson East is among influencers promoting cord blood banking. What is it? - Yahoo News - July 9th, 2021
- Bringing the clinic home - Harvard School of Engineering and Applied Sciences - July 9th, 2021
- Stem Cell Banking Market to Witness Robust Expansion Throughout the Forecast Period 2019 2026 Rust Wire - Rust Wire - July 9th, 2021
- Global Cord Blood Banking Market Demand Analysis and Projected huge Growth By 2027 The Manomet Current - The Manomet Current - July 3rd, 2021
- Need-based innovations happen overnight in India: Padmashri Dr. Manjula Anagani - ETHealthworld.com - July 1st, 2021
- Global Cord Stem Cell Banking Market by Technology, Application & Geography Analysis & Forecast to 2028 ||CBR Systems, Inc Cordlife Cells4Life... - June 29th, 2021
- Stem Cells Banking Market Estimated to Boost in Near Future 2027 with Top Key Players KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - June 29th, 2021
- Global Cord Blood Corporation Reports Financial Results for the Fourth Quarter and Full Year of Fiscal 2021 - PRNewswire - June 29th, 2021
- Cell Banking Outsourcing Market is Projected to Witness an Upward Growth Over 2027: SGS Life Sciences, Lonza, CCBC, Vcanbio The Manomet Current - The... - June 24th, 2021
- Global Cord Blood Corporation to Report Fourth Quarter and Full Year Fiscal 2021 Financial Results - Yahoo Finance - June 22nd, 2021
- Cord Stem Cell Banking Market 2021-Competitive Insights: CBR Systems, Inc., Cordlife, Cells4Life Group LLP, Cryo-Cell International, Inc., Cryo-Save... - June 22nd, 2021
- COVID-19 Impact on Cancer Stem Cells Market to Witness Comprehensive Growth by 2026 The Manomet Current - The Manomet Current - June 16th, 2021
- Global Stem Cell Banking Market Forecast 2021 to 2028 Global Analysis and Forecasts By Application And Segment with Growth Rate, Competitive Trends... - June 16th, 2021
- HealthLynked Corp. Presents At The World Stem Cell Summit On Thursday, June 17, 2021 At 12:45pm Eastern Standard Time - Stockhouse - June 16th, 2021
- Cell Banking Outsourcing Market Research Report | Know the Growth Factors and Future Scope to 2021 2027 The Courier - The Courier - June 16th, 2021
- North America Pharmaceutical Contract Packaging Market Analysis, Recent Trends and Growth Forecast by 2026 The Manomet Current - The Manomet Current - June 16th, 2021
- Mining Truck Market Share, Outlook, Future Growth and Opportunities by 2026 The Manomet Current - The Manomet Current - June 16th, 2021
- India Cord Stem Cell Banking Market Covering Impact of COVID-19, Financial Information, Developments and SWOT Analysis KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper -... - June 14th, 2021
- Stem Cell Manufacturing Market Size to Reach USD 28.85 Billion in 2028 - GlobeNewswire - June 13th, 2021
- Global Cell Banking Outsourcing Market 2020 to 2025 Research Covers Top Players SGS Life Sciences, Wuxi Apptec, Vcanbio, Lonza, Thermo Fisher, CCBC,... - June 11th, 2021
- Avalon GloboCare to Present at the Noble Capital Markets Investor Forum During the 16th Annual World - GlobeNewswire - June 11th, 2021
- COVID-19 Pandemic: Cancer Stem Cells Market Will Propel the Growth with Its Advanced Approaches In 2020 The Manomet Current - The Manomet Current - June 11th, 2021
- Global Stem Cell Banking Market Growth Factor with Key Drivers Analysis till 2026 | Cord Blood Registry (CBR) Systems, Cordlife Group Limited,... - June 9th, 2021
- Global Cord Blood Banking Market Revolutionary Trends in Industry Groeth Statistics By 2027 The Courier - The Courier - June 9th, 2021
- Seminar on future stem cell treatment in Libya - The Libya Observer - June 9th, 2021
- GMP Cell Banking Services Market Overview Of The Key Driving Forces To Create Positive Impact On The Industry Growth 2026 The Courier - The Courier - June 5th, 2021
- Stem Cell Manufacturing Market Size, Business Growth Tactics, Future Strategies, Competitive Outlook and Forecast to 2027 The Courier - The Courier - June 5th, 2021
- Umbilical Cord Blood Banking: Pros & Cons, Costs, Basics - June 1st, 2021
- Stem Cell Banking Houston | Sugar Land - Hope Biosciences - June 1st, 2021
- Stem Cell Banking Market | Growing at a CAGR of 8.2% ... - May 28th, 2021
- Global GMP Cell Banking Services Market Revenue Is To Reach A Value Of CAGR Forecast Till 2027 - PharmiWeb.com - May 28th, 2021
- Global Stem Cell Therapy Market Latest Innovative Solutions to Boost Global Growth, Overview, Driver, Restraints, Deployments and Key Players... - May 28th, 2021
- Chemical Filters Market Will Generate Record Revenue by 2027 Covid-19 Analysis The Manomet Current - The Manomet Current - May 28th, 2021
- Stem Cell Banking Market to Witness Growth Acceleration | Cryo-Save Ag (A Subsidiary Of Esperite NV), Lifecell International, Stemcyte, Viacord (A... - May 22nd, 2021
- Global Cord Stem Cell Banking Market In Depth Industry Analysis on Trends, Growth, Opportunities and Forecast till 2028||Cryo-Cell International,... - May 22nd, 2021
- Global Stem Cell Banking Market with Top Growth Companies, Size, Trends, Industry Analysis, and Key Players, Forecast 2020-2028 The Courier - The... - May 22nd, 2021
- Global Cord Blood Banking Services Market Regional Demand, Revenue, Sales Data, and Industry Forecast to 2027 Wall Street Call - Reported Times - May 16th, 2021
- Biopreservation Market Know the diverse technological advancements in the biopreservation - BioSpace - May 16th, 2021
- StemCyte Inc. Extends Umbilical Cord Blood Collection Operation at Three Hospital Collection Sites in Southern California - PRNewswire - May 14th, 2021
- Stem Cell Banking Market Size 2020, Share, Global Trends, Comprehensive Research Study, Development Status The Manomet Current - The Manomet Current - May 14th, 2021
- Stem Cell Banking Market Analysis 2021 Upcoming Trends, Latest Innovations, Key Players and Competitive Strategies by 2027 The Courier - The Courier - May 14th, 2021
- Europe Biobanks Market In-depth Analysis on Latest Trend, Current Status and Insight Driven Transformation 2021-2026 KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper -... - May 14th, 2021
- Global Cord Blood Banking Services Market-Industry Analysis and Forecast (2020-2027) By Type, End User, Application, and Region. Clark County Blog -... - May 14th, 2021
- Cryo-Cell International Proudly Announces Two Ongoing COVID-19 Related Trials - GlobeNewswire - May 10th, 2021
- How many creepy childhood keepsakes are too many? - Salon - May 10th, 2021
- Emerging Trend: Stem Cell Banking Market Business Strategy and Forecast to 2028 | Cord Blood Registry Systems, Cordlife, Cryo-Cell International The... - May 9th, 2021
- Informative Report On Stem Cell Banking Market 2021 Clark County Blog - Clark County Blog - May 9th, 2021
- Global Stem Cell Banking Market by Type (Umbilical Cord Blood Stem Cell, Embryonic Stem Cell, Adult Stem Cell, Other, Stem Cell Bankin), By... - May 9th, 2021
- Upcoming Opportunities in Stem Cell Banking Market: Future Trend and Analysis of Key Segments and Forecast 2021 to 2026 NeighborWebSJ - NeighborWebSJ - May 5th, 2021
- Stem Cell Banking Market 2021 Is Rapidly Increasing Worldwide in Near Future | Top Companies Analysis- CCBC, CBR, ViaCord, Esperite, Vcanbio, etc. ... - May 5th, 2021
- Cell Banking Outsourcing Market Witness an Outstanding Growth and Strong Revenue and Forecast 2027 The Courier - The Courier - May 5th, 2021
- Global Stem Cell Banking Market Analysis and Forecast (2018-2024) The Courier - The Courier - April 30th, 2021
- Global Stem Cell Banking Market : Industry Analysis and Forecast (2021-2027) By Type, Application and Region The Courier - The Courier - April 28th, 2021
- India Cord Stem Cell Banking Market to gain significant revenue and Competitive Outlook UP To 2026 KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - KSU | The Sentinel... - April 24th, 2021
- Growth Prospects of Stem Cell Banking Market: Business Outlook 2021-2026 by Global Stem Cell Banking Market, By Type, 2016-2021, 2022-2027 ($... - April 24th, 2021
- LifeCell is strengthening its diagnostics and biologics business divisions - BusinessLine - April 24th, 2021
- Excellthera and Ossium Health Announce a Collaboration to Advance Their Technologies and Platforms to Improve Human Health - StreetInsider.com - April 24th, 2021
- Stem Cell Banking Storage Market is Expected to Deliver Higher Revenue in Next 5 Years Clark County Blog - Clark County Blog - April 24th, 2021
- Stem Cell Banking Market Potential Growth During 2021-2026, Industry Share and Demand Analysis of Key Players NeighborWebSJ - NeighborWebSJ - April 18th, 2021
- Stem Cell Banking Market Detailed Analysis and Forecast To-2028 The Courier - The Courier - April 18th, 2021
- Innovative Report on Stem Cell Banking Market with Innovations, Competitive Analysis and New Business Developments NeighborWebSJ - NeighborWebSJ - April 18th, 2021
- Global Stem Cell Technologies and Applications Market 2020-2030 - Yahoo Finance - April 18th, 2021
- Global Stem Cell Banking Market 2020 Research by Top Manufacturers, Business Growth and Forecast to 2025 - The Courier - April 18th, 2021
- Meet The Company Reprogramming The Future Of Synthetic Biology - Forbes - April 18th, 2021
- Global Stem Cell Banking Market Registering A CAGR Of 11.03% In The Forecast 2026||SMART CELLS PLUS, LifeCell International, Global Cord Blood... - April 14th, 2021
- Biobanking Market 2021 Trending Technologies, Development Plans, Future Growth and Geographical Regions to 2027 KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - KSU |... - April 14th, 2021
- [Full text] Binding of the SARS-CoV-2 Spike Protein | HMER - Dove Medical Press - April 14th, 2021
- Global Stem Cell Therapy Market Analysis and Forecast (2019-2024) KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - April 10th, 2021
- STEM CELL BANKING Market Competitive Landscape, Analysis Report By Product, By Application, By End Use, By Region And Segment Forecasts from 2021 To... - April 10th, 2021
- COVID-19 Impacts: Cord Stem Cell Banking Market Will Accelerate at a CAGR xx% Through 2021-2027 | Rising Technological Innovations to Boost Growth | ... - April 10th, 2021
- Stem Cell Banking Market 2021 Industry Size, Share, Growth and Top Companies Analysis- CCBC, CBR, ViaCord, Esperite, Vcanbio, etc. The Bisouv Network... - April 6th, 2021
- Episode 46: 3 ways to enhance the veterinary client experience - DVM 360 - April 3rd, 2021
- Stem Cell Banking Market 2021 Is Booming Across the Globe by Share, Size, Growth, Segments and Forecast to 2027 | Top Players Analysis- CCBC, CBR,... - April 3rd, 2021
- Cell Banking Outsourcing Market to gain significant revenue in the Period of 2027 KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - KSU | The Sentinel Newspaper - March 30th, 2021
- Stem Cell Banking Outsourcing Market 2021 Is Booming Across the Globe by Share, Size, Growth, Segments and Forecast to 2027 | Top Players Analysis-... - March 30th, 2021