Houston has played a significant role in boosting the nations biotech industry. While Houston is still a hotspot for energy and oil, the city is steadily becoming a burgeoning life sciences hub. In fact, the city boasted the third fastest-growing biotech community in the nation between 2014 and 2017, according to a CBRE report. Houstons biotech industry is gaining momentum due to an increase in funding as well. According to the Greater Houston Partnership, nearly $180 million in VC funding was allocated to the citys ecosystem of life sciences-related companies in 2019 alone.
Like many startups and tech companies across Houston, the citys life sciences leaders have been tackling some of the worlds most pressing issues. Whether theyre developing oncology drug candidates or advancing genomic medicine through the creation of sequencing technologies, the citys biotech organizations are pulling on decades of research and determination to transform the medical landscape on a global scale. Heres a look at 15 biotech companies in Houston making a major impact on medical research and discovery.
Focus: Canine Cancer Treatment
What they do:CAVU Biotherapiesprovides immune-based solutions to treat cancer and autoimmune diseases in dogs. The company offers an immune health monitoring service, which describes a dogs immune system through the use of a blood sample, as well as an autologous prescription product that retrains and expands a dogs T cells to recognize and fight cancer. CAVU Biotherapies ultimate aim is to use its immune-guided medicine to treat horses, cats, andeventually, humans.
Focus: Stem Cell Banking + Therapy
What they do: Founded by David Eller and Dr. Stanley Jones, Celltex Therapeutics focuses on developing stem cell therapies for a variety of conditions. The companys stem cell processing and banking methods are designed to ensure the genetic integrity and uniformity of an individuals cells in quantities necessary for therapeutic applications. Using proprietary technology, Celltex Therapeutics enables stem cells to be used for regenerative therapy for conditions like vascular, autoimmune and degenerative diseases.
Focus: Cell Therapy
What they do: InGeneron is a clinical stage cell therapy company that specializes in novel, evidence-based regenerative medicine therapies. The companys therapy is designed to repair injured tissue, improve the quality of life for patients and modify the progression of their disease. InGeneron focuses mainly on musculoskeletal indications such as pain management.
Focus: Cancer Treatment
What they do: Moleculin Biotech is a pharmaceutical company dedicated to the treatment of highly resistant cancers and viruses. The company develops oncology drug candidates for highly resistant tumors as well as as prodrug to exploit the potential uses of inhibitors of glycolysis. Guided by the aim to provide new hope to cancer patients, Moleculin Biotech focuses on discovering new treatments for acute myeloid leukemia, skin cancer, pancreatic cancer and brain tumors.
What they do: Nanospectra Biosciences is spearheading a patient-centric use of nanomedicine for the removal of cancerous tissues. The companys ultra-focal nanoshell technology is designed to thermally destroy solid tumors without damaging adjacent healthy tissue. Nanospectra Biosciences aims to maximize treatment efficacy while minimizing side effects associated with surgery, radiation and traditional focal therapies.
Focus: Cell Therapy
What they do: Marker Therapeutics is an immuno-oncology company that focuses on the development of next-generation T cell-based immunotherapies. With the aim of treating hematological malignancies and solid tumor indications, the company uses its own MultiTAA T cell technology, which is based on the selective expansion of non-engineered, tumor-specific T cells. Marker Therapeutics is also working on developing proprietary DNA expression technology that is intended to improve the cellular immune systems ability to recognize and destroy diseased cells.
Focus: 3D Cell Culture
What they do: Nano3D Biosciences is dedicated to the development of 3D cell culture solutions. The companys core technology allows them to levitate or bioprint cells, which results in the formation of cultures that are more easily assembled and handled. Nano3D Biosciences products and services are intended for biomedical research, drug discovery, precision medicine, toxicology and regenerative medicine.
Focus: Small Molecule Inhibitors
What they do: Tvardi Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotech company working on a new class of medicines for cancer, chronic inflammation and fibrosis. The company is focusing on the creation of orally delivered, small molecule inhibitors of STAT3, which is a key regulatory protein positioned at the intersection of many disease pathways. Tvardi Therapeutics is dedicated to delivering safe and effective solutions for use in the treatment of numerous diseases.
Focus: Targeted Cancer Therapies
What they do: Salarius Pharmaceuticals focuses on developing targeted therapies to treat various types of cancers. The companys lead candidate, Seclidemstat, is intended to treat Ewing sarcoma, a pediatric and young adult bone cancer that currently lacks targeted therapies. Salarius Pharmaceuticals performs clinical trials for the treatment of other advanced solid tumors including prostate, breast and ovarian cancers.
Focus: Genomic Medicine
What they do: Founded by Michael Metzker, RedVault Biosciences develops technologies with the aim of advancing genomic medicine. The company is currently working on a variety of projects including the development of sequencing technologies to determine haplotypes and structural variation in complex genomes. RedVault Biosciences is dedicated to identifying technology needs, creating and testing ideas, and transferring deliverables to production and distribution.
Focus: DNA Sequencing
What they do: Avance Biosciences focuses on assay development, assay validation and sample testing using next-generation DNA sequencing and other biological methods. The company offers biologics testing, diagnostic assay validation, GMO genomic testing, gene / cell therapy testing, digital and real-time PCR, microbial testing and more. Avance Biosciences aim is to assist its clients in advancing drug development and genomic research.
What they do: Bionex Technology develops cost-effective, natural solutions for cleaning oil-polluted soil. The companys Super Microbe spill solution is naturally derived from microbes that digest and convert harmful contaminants on the ground and in soil, therefore lowering flammability, suppressing harmful vapors and creating a safer environment for spill responders. Bionex Technology offers a variety of other bioremediation products such as a customizable degreaser and detergent used for cleaning industrial tools.
Focus: Stem Cell Research
What they do: Located in nearby Sugar Land, Hope Biosciences is dedicated to developing stem cell-based therapies that are safe, effective and secure. The companys proprietary technology enables patients to make virtually unlimited and identical stem cells from their own tissue. Hope Biosciences offers stem cell banking solutions for both adults and newborns.
Focus: Interventional Cardiology
What they do: Saranas has created technology that enables the early detection and monitoring of bleeding complications associated with vascular access procedures. The companys monitoring system checks changes in the blood vessels electrical resistance before monitoring if bleeding has occurred from an unintentionally injured blood vessel. Saranas aims to allow physicians to mitigate downstream consequences by addressing bleeds before they become complications.
What they do: Microbiology Specialists Inc. specializes in microbiology testing, playing a role in microbial investigations and studies. The company also focuses on infectious disease diagnosis, forensic bacteriology and mycology, medical device testing and infection prevention. Microbiology Specialists Inc. is committed to delivering reliable, accurate and cost-effective microbiological results.
Go here to read the rest:
- Global Cord Blood Corporation Reports Financial Results for the Second Quarter and First Half of Fiscal 2021 - Galveston County Daily News - November 25th, 2020
- Global Stem Cell Banking Market to Get Expansion admist COVID 19, Scope With Advanced Technologies Top Key Players and Forecast 2020-2027 - The... - November 25th, 2020
- Global Regenerative Medicine Market 2020-2025: Opportunities with the Implementation of the 21st Century Cures Act - Stockhouse - November 25th, 2020
- Application and Product Portfolio Analysis During the forecasted period of Stem Cell Banking Market - The Think Curiouser - November 20th, 2020
- Why Bank Cord Blood & Tissue? Is Banking Worth It? | Cryo-Cell - November 16th, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking | Michigan Center for Regenerative Medicine - November 16th, 2020
- Latest Study explores the Stem Cell Banking Market Witness Highest Growth in nea - GroundAlerts.com - November 6th, 2020
- Cord Stem Cell Banking Market 2020-2026 Global Share and Forecast Research | Global Players Lifecell, StemCyte India Therapeutics Pvt. Ltd, Viacord,... - November 6th, 2020
- Cell Expansion Market 2020 and Forecast 2021-2027 Includes Business Impact Analysis of COVID-19 - Eurowire - November 6th, 2020
- High Density Cell Banking Market 2020 Growing Demand, Top Companies, Innovative Technologies, Segmental Outlook and Industry Insights 2027 - Zenit... - November 6th, 2020
- Magenta Therapeutics Announces Multiple Presentations Across Stem Cell Transplant Portfolio at The American - Global Banking And Finance Review - November 6th, 2020
- Cell Banking Outsourcing Market Detailed analysis of current Industry figures with forecasts growth by 2028 | SGS Life Sciences, Lonza, CCBC,... - November 4th, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market Is Staring At A Promising Future During The Forecast Period Owing to Rapid Advances in Technology 2018 2026 - Aerospace... - November 2nd, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market to witness an impressive growth during the forecast pe - News by aeresearch - November 2nd, 2020
- Global Cord Blood Banking Market 2020 Growth Analysis with Production, Trends and Forecast up to 2027 - Illadel Graff Supply - November 2nd, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market to Witness an Outstanding Growth by 2028 PRnews Leader - PRnews Leader - October 29th, 2020
- Early Impacts of COVID-19 on Cancer Stem Cells Market Trends and Future Dynamics 2027 - The Think Curiouser - October 29th, 2020
- Stem Cell Therapy Market to Register Unwavering Growth During 2025 - The Think Curiouser - October 29th, 2020
- In-Depth Report on Canine Stem Cell Therapy Market 2020|by Top Key players Aratana Therapeutics, Okyanos, Magellan Stem Cells, Stem Cell Vet - The... - October 29th, 2020
- AgeX Therapeutics Sublicenses Stem Cell Line ESI-053 to ImStem Biotechnology for Development of Cell Therapy - Global Banking And Finance Review - October 29th, 2020
- Global Cell Banking Outsourcing Market Research Report 2020 Growing Demand, Business Opportunities, Competitive Analysis, Future Prospects and... - October 29th, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market from Key End-use Sectors to Surge in the Near Future - The Think Curiouser - October 22nd, 2020
- India Cord Stem Cell Banking Market is Projected to Grow Massively in Near Future - PRnews Leader - October 22nd, 2020
- Global Cord Blood Banking Services Market Expected to Reach Highest CAGR By 2026: Cord Blood America, California Cryobank Stem Cell Services LLC,... - October 22nd, 2020
- Cell Banking Outsourcing Market 2020 Progress Factors, Size, Share, Analysis and Forecast 2027 | Charles River Laboratories, Cryo-Cell International... - October 22nd, 2020
- Growing Focus on Product Innovation Likely to Impact the Growth of the Stem Cell Banking Market 2018 2026 - Aerospace Journal - October 22nd, 2020
- Cell Banking Outsourcing Market Report, History And Forecast 2020-2027, Breakdown Data By Manufacturers, Key Regions, Types And Application - PRnews... - October 22nd, 2020
- The COVID-19 Fallout: Cancer Stem Cells Market Key Growth Factors and Opportunities in 2020-2027 - The Think Curiouser - October 22nd, 2020
- Global Cord Blood Banking Services Market Expected to Reach xx.xx Mn By 2026 : Cord Blood America, California Cryobank Stem Cell Services LLC,... - October 18th, 2020
- Global Cell Banking Outsourcing Market Size 2020 Share, Trends, Growth Opportunities, Type, Application and Worldwide Forecast to 2024 - PRnews... - October 17th, 2020
- Banking wisdom: Teen saving stem cells in hopes of future treatment - LubbockOnline.com - October 14th, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market to witness an impressive growth during the forecast period 2020 2025 - Express Journal - October 14th, 2020
- Global Cell Banking Outsourcing Market Potential Growth, Share, Size, Demand and Analysis of Key Players Industry Research Forecasts to 2026 | SGS... - October 14th, 2020
- Global Stem Cell Banking Market 2015-2025 In-Depth Analysis, CO-VID 19 Impact on Industry Demands, Trends, Sales and Applications|CCBC, CBR, ViaCord,... - October 4th, 2020
- STEM CELL BANKING Market Potential Growth, Size, Share, Demand and Analysis of Key Players Research Forecasts to 2027 - The Daily Chronicle - October 2nd, 2020
- Cell Banking Outsourcing Market Research Provides an In-Depth Analysis on the Future Growth Prospects and Industry Trends Adopted by top key players... - October 2nd, 2020
- Abu Dhabi Stem Cells Center and Pluristem Unveil Joint Projects at Malta Conferences Foundation Online Event - Global Banking And Finance Review - October 2nd, 2020
- Global Stem Cell manufacturing Market Analysis 2020 With COVID 19 Impact Analysis| Leading Players, Business Prospects, In-depth Analysis Research... - September 20th, 2020
- Cord Stem Cell Banking Market Analysis 2020 With COVID 19 Impact Analysis| Leading Players, Business Prospects, In-depth Analysis Research Report... - September 20th, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market Analysis, Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities, Threats, Trends, Applications, And Growth Forecast To 2027 - Owned - September 13th, 2020
- India Cord Stem Cell Banking Market To Register Phenomenal Growth in the Period of 2019 2026 - Verdant News - September 13th, 2020
- Global Bio-Banks Market : Industry Analysis and Forecast (2019-2026) By Type, Product,Application,Analysis,and Region. - Galus Australis - September 3rd, 2020
- Innovative Report on Stem Cell Banking Market with Innovations, Competitive Analysis, New Business Developments and Top Companies Forecast to 2027 -... - September 3rd, 2020
- Global Cord Blood Banking Market 2020 with Analysis of 44 Industry Players - PRNewswire - September 3rd, 2020
- Global Cell Banking Outsourcing market 2020 Global Industry Size Estimation, Research Update, Future Scope, Latest Trend Analysis, Research Findings,... - September 3rd, 2020
- Global Stem Cell Banking Market with Covid-19 Effect Analysis, Growth, Research Findings, Type, Application, Element Global Trends and Forecast to... - August 31st, 2020
- Cord Blood & Cord Blood Banking: An Industry Overview 2020 - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - August 31st, 2020
- Global Stem Cell Banking Market Size To Witness A Lucrative Growth Over 2020-2026 - Bulletin Line - August 31st, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market IN COVID-19: IMPLICATIONS AND BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES FOR GROWTH GLOBALLY - Scientect - August 27th, 2020
- Global Cord Blood Corporation Reports Financial Results for the First Quarter of Fiscal 2021 - Stockhouse - August 27th, 2020
- At 8.4% CAGR, STEM CELL BANKING Market Size is Expected to Exhibit 11.2 Billion US$ by 2025 - Scientect - August 20th, 2020
- Global stem cell banking market Enhancement And Its growth prospects forecast 2020 to 2027 - Scientect - August 20th, 2020
- Placental Stem Cells (PSCS) Market 2020-2027 Reporting And Evaluation of Recent Industry Developments || Leading Players StemCyte India Therapeutics... - August 20th, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market Size, Share, Global Future Trend, Segmentation, Business Growth, Top Key Players, Opportunities and Forecast to 2027 - Owned - August 20th, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market Size By Product Analysis, By Application, By End-Users, By Regional Outlook, By Top Companies and Forecast to 2027 - Bulletin... - August 20th, 2020
- On the move at the OneAZ, Spencer Fane, UArizona - AZ Big Media - August 20th, 2020
- Erwinase Market Expected to Witness High Growth over the Forecast Period 2020 - - News.MarketSizeForecasters.com - August 20th, 2020
- Covid-19 Update : Cord Stem Cell Banking Market 2020 Next Big Thing | Global Players CBR Systems, - PharmiWeb.com - July 18th, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market Poised to Grow at a Healthy CAGR of XX% During the Forecast Period 2018 2026 - Jewish Life News - July 18th, 2020
- Global Stem Cell Banking Market 2020 Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updated Analysis By Product (Umbilical Cord Blood Stem Cell, Embryonic Stem Cell, Adult... - July 18th, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Storage Market Size By Product Analysis, Application, End-Users, Regional Outlook, Competitive Strategies And Forecast Up To 2026 -... - July 18th, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Storage Market Size, Production, Consumption, Export and Import, Growth Rate and Price Analysis by Types and Applications, Forecast... - July 18th, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market Regions And Top Key Players Analysis From 2020-2029 - Cole of Duty - July 11th, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market Growth By Manufacturers, Countries, Types And Application, End Users And Forecast To 2026 - 3rd Watch News - July 11th, 2020
- Cell Banking Outsourcing Market 2019 | Analyzing The Impact Followed By Restraints, Opportunities And Projected Developments | Industry Growth... - July 11th, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market Growth By Manufacturers, Type And Application, Forecast To 2026 - 3rd Watch News - July 6th, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market Global Industry Analysis and Opportunity and Forecast 2018 to 2028 - Cole of Duty - July 1st, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market Size, Analysis, Trends and Segmented Data by Top Companies and Opportunities 2020-2027 - Apsters News - July 1st, 2020
- Global Covid-19 impact on Stem Cell Banking Market Trends, Analysis by Application and Region by 2025| CCBC,CBR,ViaCord,Esperite - 3rd Watch News - July 1st, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market Report Explores Share, Development By Companies Outlook, Growth Prospects And 2021 Key Opportunities Forecast - Industry... - July 1st, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market: Predictable To Witness Sustainable Evolution over 2020-2030 - 3rd Watch News - July 1st, 2020
- Cord Blood Bank Market is expected to double its Market Size in Upcoming Years | Cordlife, Cryo-cell, Neostem, Virgin Health Bank, LifeCell - Apsters... - July 1st, 2020
- Bio Bank Market 2020: Challenges, Growth, Types, Applications, Revenue, Insights, Growth Analysis, Competitive Landscape, Forecast- 2025 - Cole of... - July 1st, 2020
- Global Cord Blood Corporation Reports Financial Results for the Fourth Quarter and Full Year of Fiscal 2020 - Stockhouse - July 1st, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market Recent Developments and Growth Strategies Adopted by Top Key Players Worldwide and Assessment to 2020-2025 - Cole of Duty - June 21st, 2020
- Global Stem Cell Market Study and Forecast 2020-2025: Oncology Disorders Expected to Exhibit the Fastest Growth Rate - ResearchAndMarkets.com -... - June 21st, 2020
- Global Stem Cell Banking Market to Improve Revenue to Reach US$ 2410 Million by 2025 - 3rd Watch News - June 19th, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Market: Technological Innovations and Analysis Till 2030 - 3rd Watch News - June 16th, 2020
- Stem Cell Banking Outsourcing Market Analysis, Top Manufacturers, Share, Growth, Statistics, Opportunities and Forecast To 2026 - Cole of Duty - June 16th, 2020
- Global Bone Marrow-Derived Stem Cells (BMSCS) Market (COVID 19 Impact Analysis) Data Highlighting Major Vendors, Promising Regions, Anticipated Growth... - June 16th, 2020